rant (opinions not drama)

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Mocosloco, Apr 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mocosloco

Mocosloco forehead is brown egg

Minecraft:
    Mocosloco
    I'm locking this thread so nobody can get me in trouble for what they post.
    These are all my opinions about this community.
    Don't read this if you easily get triggered or butthurt.

Why do we base so many things on whether or not we're staff?
    I was one of those people that, as soon as they made their account, started working on a staff application. I was 9 years old and wanted to test my luck with this system. This was in 2013/2014 and I was 9 years old. Before the rules on applying were set. I followed the format, I did everything I needed. Since I really loved this server, I went to sleep thinking about what it would be like to get accepted. I just wanted to feel important as most of the kids that play this server do. But all it comes down to is how well you write your application. The kids (well, teens now) of this server aren't always the best at writing, but at least half of the ones that join write an application in the first month. A small percentage of them are accepted, some are not. ~23,000 people have viewed the "How to write a staff application" post. Only 100 or so applications have been accepted. But that doesn't stop anyone from trying. And boy, do they try. I edited my post almost weekly to check for flaws and add details. I'm not trying to make you look at the thing, because I posted it two years ago, and I've changed a lot.

Speaking of change...
    I've noticed some of the people that are accepted just don't act as they normally would if they weren't staff. They act like they're all part of a machine. But they're humans. Getting virtual internet points for their virtual internet "jobs". Until you get to know them, they just aren't their normal selves.
    Now, this has some things to do with puberty and maturity. Just because you're 13 doesn't mean you'll be mature enough to create an application, but this doesn't stop them from making one. I really wish that more of these teenagers acted more like teenagers. Doing their best to express themselves through text in ways that are individual and unique to themselves. But now, most of them have become robots that write their code and do their set jobs like:
    Swaglord69xx, please don't use profanity.
    SagLerdSerxtynernerxerx, please don't create inappropriate plots.
    /warn
    /warn
    TL;DR: to most of the staff, you can act more like a human. Not like a robot that's given some virtual internet points for not getting demoted.

I swear, if I wasn't going to lock this thread, people would say things like:
    Why are you stereotyping staff??? *Tags staff*
    I'm not. I'm just taking some staff into view that act like what I said they act like, then wrote this down. This shouldn't hurt their ego.
    Then a staff replies,
    Actually, I can be a lot of fun if you got to know me. But all you do is post things like this? That's why I don't want to get to know you.
    Now you know me. Stay away from me if you don't like the way I say my opinion. I literally said; Don't read this if you easily get triggered or butthurt.
    You brought yourself into this mess, and it'll take you a lot of minecraft psychological therapy to get over it.

Why do we act the way we do on forums?

Suggestions forum - Agree because you like the post-er and you don't want to offend your friend. Only agree if you thoroughly read the suggestion and searched for any flaws/cons. Disagree because it is utterly retarded. Good.
    Introduce yourself - Say "Welcome" instead of getting to know the person. 3 people is enough to say
    "Hello. I doubt we'll see eachother again other than by some random chance, and by that same chance I probably won't remember that I posted 'Welcome'."
    Off Topic/Spam - The biggest forum on IJAH. Where people act like themselves. Where they share what they like instead of keeping it hunched inside their little basket of emotions. I honestly love this forum.
    Creation Showcase- You made a thing. Good job. You feel like it's important but I can't share the same feelings. You're just a friend, after all. I'll congratulate you and say "Wow, cool" but in reality it doesn't matter.
    Server discussion - Where the things that get the most views are giveaways, resignation posts, and so on. There are sometimes sparks of recent trends in the server, such as the popularity/player count of it. Most of the time, this is a great forum.
    Minigames - The big forum with a lot of sub-forums. Most forum-goers that visit the sub-forum go to Factions or OITC. Honestly a big old bunch of people that play that game. The posts are usually in ratios of poster to thread. Sometimes it's 1:1, 1:2, but most of the time it's just showing off a thing that they did or thought about.
    Map Submissions - You made a map. Good job. Mostly sumo or parkour maps are made. Same repliers as creation showcase. The replies are like: "wow, looks great" or "add more detail". < i hate those
    Help - Self explanatory. People that don't know what they're doing, so they ask on forums. Some things that are posted to help are bugs. Others are like this: bandicam 2016-04-02 16-16-22-48.jpg
    Reports - Self explanatory again. Not everyone knows what to do here either, because not all of them look at pinned posts telling them how to write a thread.
    Other games - Where people talk about other games on a minecraft forum.
    General Discussion: Lots of clickbait stuff like what I posted here. Some have a meaning in the community and some don't.
    Minecraft - Where people post things about other servers. (not a good idea)
    Forum Games - Where people make giant threads that really get a lot of views and replies because they're catchy and fun. When in reality they're a pain in the butt because once I reply I always do unwatch thread.
    Real Life Stuff - The home of "post a picture of yourself", the biggest thread on IJAH. Mostly people complaining about something that happened in life, something on social media, or something in a show or television.

Edit: gotta sleep. be editing this later.
    PM me if you have a problem with this.

safoya299, Glass, Odi and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.