Possible Server Doxing Warning

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Ms_Nadia, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Ms_Nadia

Ms_Nadia

Minecraft:
    MsNadia
    Im not gonna act like this is too much because 1. Some of the hubs reset already recently 2. It's not a 100% chance 3. The owners may be able to fix it if the files aren't too corrupted. Hello there, I am MsNadia. I haven't played on this server, or even wrote a message on these forums in months, but I'm here to give you this possible warning. Recently, another server that I played on (gonna avoid naming due to advertising rules) was hacked. But no, this isn't your average little hacker you sometimes encounter in minigames: this was a Doxing hacker. This hacker doxed this server, and you wanna know the aftermath? The server had to go down for a couple of days, some games were reset (since they also retrieved the backup files), 1.5 months of work were lost in one of the creative servers, and people were very sad. The doxer has a YouTube channel named piddles. You know what makes me think this server is next? The comments in his video of hacking the other server kept requesting to do this server next, and a ton of people agreed with them. Assuming the doxer takes suggestions, he's likely to do this server before any other ones if he didn't plan to do any others after. As I said before; it won't be as big because some lobbies just reset, but this is just a possible warning. OWNERS/ADMINS! If you read this, I suggest starting to keep backups that aren't connected to an Internet source so the doxer isn't as likely to get to them. There's no telling WHEN he will do it, but one day it might happen. I heard this server was making new updates, so the hacker might get to those too, because he got the hidden backup files for the other server too.

SUMMARY (for those too lazy to read the block of text right now, but you really should, it doesn't take as long as you think) a server I played on got doxed by a youtube user named piddles and we lost a ton of stats. This server may not lose as much because some hubs just reset, but stay cautious. Comments on his video told the user to dox this server next, so that's why I think this server may be next. Admins! Please start keeping backups disconnected from the Internet. There might be an update soon, but the hacker got the backup files for the other server too.

If the hacker doesn't do this within a month, don't blame me, I never said there was gonna be a 100% chance he would, and he might do it when people have actually made good stats on the reset hubs. All I want you to do is be a bit aware, and not be completely confused if it does happen. It could this week, it could (and is more likely to) happen within the next couple months within a year. Don't say I didn't warn you.

REMEMBER! This is not guaranteed to happen, so you don't have to worry THAT much (unless you have good stats on stuff that didn't reset recently) I don't wanna scare people with false warnings.

2. Jakt

Jakt Former Mod+ |questionable | Donator

If he or she does it, I'll notice I've some people behide the screen protecting this place so chill fam xd

3. Ms_Nadia

Ms_Nadia

Minecraft:
    MsNadia
    I am chill, I never said EVERYTHING was gonna be lost.

Jordan_Hart and XceI like this.
  4. MC_Scout

MC_Scout Fearless Leader Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    You cant dox a server though...

Braixen, Kaylyn, Sakujo and 4 others like this.
  5. blok

blok Donator

DDos/Dos I think is what she is trying to say lol.

A Dox is what people like Keemstar do where they give people's personal information out @Ms_Nadia

6. Strikyn

Strikyn Donator

Minecraft:
    Strikyn
    Uhhhh.. From what I've seen, Piddles only hacks mineplex staff accounts.

7. Kaiiven

Kaiiven Donator

Minecraft:
    Kaiiven
    Yes but he also destroyed MCOrigins and IP banned all players and staff. He also destroyed PhanaticMC.

Sakujo, Darkstorm77 and j0sef like this.
  8. John_0696

John_0696 Donator

I heard about what Happened to MC origins, But they got the server back up and running now. I know hackers can be a real threat, But all we can really do right now and prepare for whatever may come. That would be the smartest thing to do. :)

Darkstorm77 likes this.
  9. Darkstorm77

Darkstorm77 Former M.od+ Donator

Minecraft:
    Darkstorm77
    They come and leave

10. ThiccTurtles

ThiccTurtles Builder Donator

Minecraft:
    Cheezi
    Im pretty sure all she does is hack the accounts of admins then abuses their permissions, as long as the admins have strong passwords then we are fine...

11. Strikyn

Strikyn Donator

Minecraft:
    Strikyn
    And the technique is similar to acquiring a staff account and abusing the shit out of the perms.

Jabitin likes this.
  12. iWolf

iWolf Retired Donator

Minecraft:
    Gray
    Don't worry! This most likely will not happen to us. No need fret over a video like that. :)

katlynn and Kimme like this.
  13. Kimme

Kimme

Minecraft:
    kimgle (kimme)
    ^ What Jay said

And I don't really know how you can prevent or prepare for DDOS's that probably won't happen anyways. I mean, taking precaution is good but if it happens, even if we know, it isn't much better than if we don't because either way we would've just gotten ddosd

14. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    Guys, there is nothing to worry about. Now stop messaging me about this =)

dinoceros, Kaylyn, Sakujo and 7 others like this.
  15. Jabitin

Jabitin Special Person Donator

Minecraft:
    Jabitin
    De
    Passwords have almost nothing to do with it... dox always finds a way.

16. Braixen

Braixen The Gay <*w*> Donator

Minecraft:
    JadeTheManedWolf

Auxilium likes this.
  17. Ramen

Ramen minecr4fter Donator

Minecraft:
    wramen
    You guys should just pray Glove hasn't done anything to the server.