OITC "Thug life"

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Syrian, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Syrian

Syrian Former Mod x2 Donator

Minecraft:
    Syrian_
    So I've been on these forums and I've seen I'm not a very active member. I'm always afraid to post threads because they will receive little feedback, and I'll basically look like an idiot posting things no one cares about. I honestly think if I'm going to connect with this community, I should post more about myself and not let the outcome of feedback beat down my self-esteem.

I've noticed OITC is not as popular as it used to be. Why? Well first of all, the game has changed. Almost everyone has memorized spawn points. There's no skill in this game anymore. Everything is either spawn killing or stealing kills from others. Not to mention the whole image of "bad ass thug life" coming from this server.

Now, I understand when people are close friends, they joke around a lot. Sometimes pretending to hate each other, doing stupid crap, and just having fun in general, but now it seems to be to the point where we have little "gangs" that are practically fishing for someone out in the open to talk to them so they could embarrass them or make them a quote on quote "dumbass". I understand staff cannot do anything about this as it's only mild abuse, but we are not robots, and we can sense when there is gang mentality, and who is hiding behind a wall of emotions. It's gone too far to the point where we're questioning who is really your friend, or just someone you talk to that is trying to boost their own reputation.

I'm actually quite surprised at the status of OITC today. The worst part of this, is that the "thug life" players are actually respected and loved by certain staff members in this community. I will not mention any names, but even if you aren't meaningful with your insults, they could be taken wrong, and you know who you are.

These players who constantly talk trash and insult players for not being as good as them are obviously hiding behind their identity. Almost everyone who talks trash or is in a gang has a problem of their own, or an embarrassing memory that motivates them to do these things. This makes them think they are better than they really are. But inside, we're all human, and we want what's best for us.

I know almost everyone has told you this, and it's to the point where you think that it's overused and was only meant for motivation, but it is in fact, true. Almost every online troll has some troubled past that they regret, most likely a victim of trolling. I was, in fact, a victim as well, and I did the same, as I saw the troll and how much he was supported and I wanted to be as popular has he is, but in the end, the darkness always ends terribly.

Online trolls are always supported because of their fans. It's surprising how many sick people there are that laugh at the pain and rage of others, and it's all because everyone has a screen to hide behind. If you are a troll reading this, I understand that you may feel "bad ass", or "the shit", but like the dark side, it will always bite back in the end, and if you go too far down this path, you may never be able to return. Here's a question for you: Who is the real loser, and who is the one that deserves respect?

2. ZakMuir

ZakMuir Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    ZakMuir
    You have some very good points..

Heres some tips, when the "badass" players try to call me out, I just A. Ignore them, or if they are extremely rude I just report them. Simple as, shame no one learns their lesson.

witchchick128, KaiserVenom and Syrian like this.
  3. Xcel

Xcel Donator

Minecraft:
    Xcel_
    I used to be a cocky factions player who would brag all the time. I was one of those players who would only try and make myself sound better. I never really thought about how others felt. I'd talk trash and bring them down. The one thing that would always make me upset was when people would ignore me. I'd always pursue the praise and seek attention. One of the best things you can do is ignore them. It'll really get under their skin, believe me. They feed off of attention and popularity. I wouldn't pay any attention to them if possible. Don't let them ruin your experience.

Also, like Zak said, reporting if necessary is always a great idea.

4. witchchick128

witchchick128 Amity Blight Donator

Minecraft:
    AzuraBookClub
    ^
    |

clap clap clap

Never give up. I am still a kinda rager whenever I lose something if I have too much gatorade I MEAN just cause. Anytime I am in that mood when I kill somebody I'm like YEAH GET GOOD so forth.

I am trying to improve and stuff.

BUT when I am in a different mood, these are what I do.

A. Ignore them.
    B. Tell them to stop.
    C. Take what they say like "YOU SUCK" and say "Look who's talking." It actually works and they start to, you guessed it, suck. It really does work somehow.

Hope this helped.

KaiserVenom, ZakMuir and Syrian like this.
  5. Umar

Umar

oitc is full of people who don't even speak english and hack
    it's minecraft, so they're probably gonna be like 8 year old kids acting 15.
    tbh, just like everyone else says, ignore them.
    they're just talking shit online because they're too scared to do it in real life.

j0sef and Syrian like this.
  6. KaiserVenom

KaiserVenom Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    KronprinzVenom
    This deserves more attention, this carries a thoughtful message which everyone should hear.
    Good work Sirius, I will put this thread in my information page so everyone can see it.

Syrian likes this.
  7. j0sef

j0sef resigned Donator

Describing yourself again eh? jk ily

Over the past 2 years I've been playing the game, people have complained about this numerous times and I've seen people similar to your description and honestly the best thing to do is beat them and knock them off their high horse. Or simply ignore them.

Umar and Syrian like this.