New semester of school?

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Smg, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    I know for us in high-school, at least, for my area that this is around the time we all start our new semester. This Monday my school begins the 2nd semester of this year, and my classes will be completely different.

This semester I took an art class, spanish, biology, business class, and digital production class. Next semester for me will be a bit harder with honors geometry, us history, english, and gym/health.

For those of you in high-school, when does your new semester start? And if you want to, what classes will you be taking? Also, I know college has semesters too but from everything I've heard, it's much different than high-school but if you're in college and want to share, then go ahead!

Looking forward to hearing your guys answers

TheRealRaichuu and Ryva like this.
  2. vipa

vipa the hornace of death Donator

Our school does trimesters, since we do the IB Diploma Program. Second terms already started back in November, and our mock exams for the board start on March. With IB, we only take 6 subjects for two years, three higher level subjects, and three standard level. I take Computer Science HL, Math HL, Physics HL, English Literature and Language SL, Economics SL, and French B SL.

Smg likes this.
  3. ThatOneMark

ThatOneMark Donator

Slovenians only have two semesters - the first one ends on the 15th of January, somewhere in the middle of the month - and the second one ends also somewhere in the middle of June, let's say the 15th of June. So I'm on my way through the second semester. Sad to say, I think I'll fail this year, regarding of how many issues and obstacles I went through this year. I can't really change any subjects in high school, because the programme you chose, you have to finish it in 3, 4 or 5 years, it all depends on the programme.

I feel so out of place since I'm European, and European education is, let's say... Simplified. I don't know what hell you guys are talking about. Trimesters? Jesus. Sounds like a pain in the ass.

retirednow and Smg like this.
  4. PhantomStar

PhantomStar Zzzzz... Donator

Minecraft:
    StarlightFoxx
    Our school is senestered as well, first one begins in September and ends in January, and the 2nd one goes from February to the end of June. Last semester I did French, English, Math, and Foods, and this semester I’ll have Chem, Biology, Com. Tech (which is video production) and Social Studies.

Smg likes this.
  5. LizzieTheSober

LizzieTheSober a person who used to help :') Donator

Minecraft:
    waaaaahluigi
    Where i'm from we have 4 quarters, so this Tuesday (we had today off) 3rd Quarter is starting. None of my classes have changed expect drivers ED, since we completed it now we just have regular gym :)

Ryva and Smg like this.