New Camera and PC!

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by athenswill, Jan 12, 2015.

1. athenswill

athenswill ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Minecraft:
    athenswill
    Alright, this thread is sorta late, but whatever.
    Basically, I got a new camera and built my own PC recently, and this is all of the stuff about the stuff of the things. :P
    Okay, so the new camera I got is a Canon EOS Rebel T5 (it's a digital SLR, btw). It's my first legitimate camera that I've had, and I really love it! I purchased two lenses with it, an EF-S 18-55mm IS II, and a telephoto zoom lens 75-300 mm that I forgot all of the details of :P
    It has lots of preset shooting modes, as well as different manual shooting modes (like full manual, program, shutter priority, etc) and takes (I believe) 18 megapixel pictures.
    (link just in case: http://imgur.com/0CxWUHb,LyDHgAf#1 )
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alright, this is probably going to be longer than the camera one.
    Okay, this is how everything happened. Basically, before I built this computer, by family shared one home computer. I'm not complaining about that, because no one else really used it that much, so I got a lot of time on it. That shared computer wasn't bad, I would say it was about an average computer. But I thought it would be really cool if I could have my own, higher quality, gaming PC in my room for myself. Also, two of my IRL friends recently built their own gaming computers, so I wanted to as well. So, I asked my parents if I could buy computer parts and build my own computer as a combined birthday present/Christmas gift. They agreed.
    So, I picked out my parts, ordered them, and they came. However, being the lazy person I am, I didn't do anything with them for a while. (about two months haha)
    Eventually, with some motivation from my dad, I decided to build my computer near the end of winter break. I invited my friend over so he could help me out when needed. He came over around 1:00 pm and we began building. We ran into a few minor problems, such as getting a screw stuck in a standoff, but nothing too bad. We kept working, until eventually, around 8:00 pm or so, we finished putting everything together and we were ready to hook it up to the monitor and install windows and stuff.
    But, when we did...
    "DVI NO SIGNAL"
    We were sorta confused, so we tried doing some troubleshooting. We tried again, still no signal. We tried every single thing we possibly could to get this thing to work, but it didn't. Eventually, my friend had to go home. We called up my uncle, who works with computers as a living, and he asked what we had done already in terms of troubleshooting. Basically everything he said, we had already done. We eventually reached the conclusion that the motherboard was defective. So, after 8 hours of hard work, I had to take the whole thing apart so that we could return the motherboard. I was absolutely distraught. I cried for about half an hour after that. I didn't even want to think about computers. I just went to bed.
    Anyway, we order a new motherboard, and wait for it to come. It comes on Sunday, the last day of winter break. I'm really determined to finish this computer before winter break ends, so I start building when it comes. This time, I build it myself, without any assistance from friends or others. After about seven hours of work, I finish the build. Moment of truth. I hook it up to the monitor, and...
    Yay! BIOS loads up, and the computer is working! I installed windows, and was just so extremely happy that I finally had built a functioning computer. It was late, and I had school the next day, so I finished up quickly and went to bed. I installed some speakers later and yeah, that's basically the story.
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 3.6 GHz Quad-Core
    Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI GENE DDR3 1600 Intel Z87 LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3-2133
    Storage: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256 GB 2.5" SSD and Hitachi Ultrastar 1 TB 3.5" 7200 RPM
    Graphics/Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 760 2 GB TWIN FROZR
    Case: Cooler Master Elite Elite 431 Plus (Black) ATX Mid Tower
    Power Supply: Thermaltake TR2 500W
    Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro
    Monitor: Some full HD Asus monitor, can't remember exactly which one, sorry! :P
    Mouse: Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500, nothing fancy, just plain and simple :P
    Keyboard: AULA LED Backlit Gaming Keyboard

NoahMC, cingle, sebastiann and 2 others like this.
  2. Gooby

Gooby ミCutie彡 Donator

dam das fancey

cingle likes this.
  3. MatrixGamers

MatrixGamers Knights of Kindness Member

Minecraft:
    MatrixGamers
    How much did the PC cost?

Flamey likes this.
  4. athenswill

athenswill ¯\_(ツ)_/¯