Minecraft Need some minecraft help

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Pugnata, Apr 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pugnata

Pugnata Pug the Pug Donator

Minecraft:
    Pugnata
    This happens since today. Everytime I enter minecraft everything is fine, but when I go into a world on single player or go on a server, it works for like 1 second and then I stay at 0 fps. I still get messages on servers, but can't type myself. It just stays at 0 fps and I can't do anything. Does someone know how I can solve this?

2. Stolas

Stolas waffles > pancakes Donator

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    This is most likely a hardware problem.
    I know you dread this, but (depending on your computer) go to Microsoft or Apple and ask for a check-up on your computers health.
    May I ask how much RAM your allowing your computer to use for Minecraft?

Also,
    try this.

1. Find your Minecraft application.
    2. Drag it into the trash can.
    3. Clear the trash can.
    4. Re-download Minecraft.
    5. Try again.
    Tell me if you still need help.

3. Pugnata

Minecraft:
    Pugnata
    I tried reinstalling minecraft, but the problem is still there. I doubt that it is such a big problem to go send my laptop for repair, since I've only had problems with minecraft. I'm pretty shitty with computer tech so may I ask how do I check that RAM thing?

4. Stolas

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    I am actually a Mac user, so I can't really help you there, but I reccomend looking on YouTube.
    There are 2 things you're probably going to want to search up:
    1. How to see how much memory my computer has.
    2. How to remove usage of ram from Minecraft (or something similar, if you can't find any videos I could always link you).
    I also thought of some other things.
    If you're running external applications such as Skype, Google Chrome, Safari, Photoshop, iTunes or Steam, those can take a toll on how much RAM your computer is using, so make sure only Minecraft is running when you are playing.

5. Pugnata

Minecraft:
    Pugnata
    upload_2017-4-9_20-52-28.png
    This is my ram right now. There are tutorials on how to change that second point, but they are all from the old launcher and not the new one, and I can't figure out how to change it in the new one.

6. Stolas

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    It does seem like you have enough memory to run Minecraft with an external application.
    Since you downloaded a new Minecraft I assume it's still running using 1GB RAM still, so don't worry about that.

Are you using any texture/resource packs, or mods?

7. Pugnata

Minecraft:
    Pugnata
    I only use optifine and that seemed to be the problem. I tried to go on the latest version without optifine and suddenly my game worked again. I installed optifine for the latest version then and it didn't work anymore. Optifine was clearly the problem, thanks for the help.

8. Stolas

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    If it's OptiFine, then try getting OptiFine on a different version (I suggest 1.10).
    OptiFine is amazing. Try getting the most secure version (I think they list it).

Anyways glad to help.

Pugnata likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.