My Username

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Rant, Aug 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dinoceros

dinoceros Donator

This is one of the most interesting threads ever posted in the history of these forums.

2. noahnoobfax

noahnoobfax Donator

1. Who did you hear it from? If you heard it from moco or incedium, or from anyone who heard it from their point of biew, theyre biased. No question.
    2. Agreed with that. Except 99% of the people here are hostile in these rants.

3. dinoceros

dinoceros Donator

Moco told me about it and sent screenshots of his appeals. I then made up my own opinion. I think moco had indeed one hell of an attitude, but a permban wasn't the right answer. He didn't do anything wrong, he could just be a bit toxic or controversial from time to time. No rule breaking here .

Rant and KaiserVenom like this.
  4. Cha0s_x

Cha0s_x MrBubblyNaruto

Minecraft:
    MrBubblyNaruto|Cha0s_x
    It seems as though you're making it personal, being close to Mocos and all.

Ultimately, you cannot blame the staff members for these things. You've got to understand that everyone, even them, have feelings. What's someone's reaction to being attacked? They attempt to solve the issue. And in this case, a ban was necessary. You cannot, for any reason, treat the staff as if they are there to accommodate your requests, other than to help you with an actual issue. They are human, just as you and I are, and we cannot treat them as if they are less of a human as we are.

Just because you're personally offended, doesn't mean you can attack the staff.

KaiserVenom likes this.
  5. MeatBoy0

MeatBoy0 Donator

Minecraft:
    MeatBoy0
    Did we really have to make this a bigger deal than it actually was if he was banned I highly doubt it was for staff not liking him, clearly he didnt have a good attitude and made this community weaker as a whole. I understand your defending your friend, but I highly doubt he was banned for no reason. I also dont understand the point of putting the staff on blast when they are just human. The constant hate of staff dosent fix anything in a server of over 1000 players 40 staff members cant get everything right just how people are, but what we could do is pitch in and help as much as possible by not making drama threads by not putting staff on blast by not complaining for every little thing that goes on.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    Smogg, j0sef, knife and 10 others like this.
  6. KokichiOma

KokichiOma Ultimate Supreme Leader Donator

Minecraft:
    Unprepossessing (MappyTurtle)
    Not many people know the reason why you were banned.
    I'm not sure you fully understand either.

As for everyone else, don't pick sides until something official comes out. You're only hearing one side.

7. dinoceros

dinoceros Donator

Then, why don't you tell us the reason why he was banned? I knew Moco. He was my close friend. I never saw him do anything wrong and I have seen his ban appeals in screenshot. If you don't want us to pick sides, why don't you tell us your side of the story? Because Rant's thread is very credible.

8. MC_Scout

MC_Scout Fearless Leader Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    Because ban's should be private, not a public display.
    I know when Robynub1337 did bans he made a big public display, however that probably never should of happen. Its not fair for the person banned to have a big spectacle made out of there ban, and its also not really non-staffs business to see why someone got banned, which is why we dont discuss things.

YFIOTR and dinoceros like this.
  9. dinoceros

dinoceros Donator

After talking to someone else about this whole drama, I officially say that I am now neutral on this topic.

KaiserVenom likes this.
  10. Rant

Rant

How else is he going to be unbanned? Making this post was the only way to say that the ban was unfair. And saying one member makes the community weaker as a whole is the same thing you say is constant hate to staff. "They're people too." I cleared this up in my reply to TheIncendium. He's a person too. This thread wasn't even constant hate to staff. Moco's two threads meant no harm. He's tried and tried and tried again to get unbanned, but he is never allowed. Deny after deny isn't supposed to happen when only one of the threads post-1month-ban was him being butthurt af about getting rekt by staff. Even though, in my and his opinion, Unacceptable Behavior is way too general to be a ban message. And how the hell am I putting staff on blast? I'm just saying, it won't hurt to let the kid get unbanned. He never made flame wars, he just stated his points when someone thought differently. He always wanted the last word, but that doesn't mean he's a bad person. And it is still one of the get to know them situations. He's not a bad person. He just wanted to type away, in a space free for him to do so.

11. Trace

Trace Donator Donator

Minecraft:
    akurza
    After going through this thread, and reading what some of the staff have said. I do understand some of things I said were taken not wrongly, but one sentence was taken misinterpreted. I do agree with what @TheIncendium said and what others have stated above. The staff are not scary, nor bad. They're good people who help others on a game and make it fun for all.

What @gevork is very true and makes clear sense. The staff liked him - but he didn't have a good attitude.

@TheIncendium said the staff made their mind, and he will be stayed ban. We're sorry your friend got banned, but his actions were the reasoning.

I am now neutral on this thread.

sss and KaiserVenom like this.
  12. Rant

Rant

that's what he was banned for.
    and the staff definitely did not like him (his point of view, not hate)

13. MeatBoy0

MeatBoy0 Donator

Minecraft:
    MeatBoy0
    Look he was from what im told that he was banned for stating his opinion which yes if it was just that that would be wrong, but obviously he stated his opinion in such a matter that clearly made the community a bit more toxic. Stating an opinion is something ive never had a problem with and no one should have a problem with the opinion you state but that depends on how you say it. If you come stating your opinion but not putting any thought into but pure emotion yes your going to get hate.

MC_Scout likes this.
  14. Rant

Rant

It made the thread more toxic, not the community. People would reply to the thread, get argued with, win, then get on with their day. And he obviously put thought into his threads. How else would he not have written stupidity? His account was sacred to him, it had been around for 1/3rd of his life.

15. knife

knife 》Faction Veteran《 ~Jag [God] Donator

i think that we should all be friends and talk about flowers

taylorr, safoya299, jenn and 14 others like this.
  16. YFIOTR

YFIOTR Donator

Minecraft:
    YFIOTR
    I'm just seeing you say that he just wanted to type his thoughts on threads and whatever.

He specifically said that he didn't like teenagers enforcing rules upon him. He didn't go by the rules and had a problem with authority, so he's not really innocent.

I think you're forgetting the anger issues thread.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    Sakujo, Denisvenom9, Haruld and 3 others like this.
  17. MC_Scout

MC_Scout Fearless Leader Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    This thread has gone on long enough, locked.
    The bottom line is that rules need to be followed, you dont have to agree with them, but they need to be followed. Creating a big public spectacle is not a way to resolve an issue. In his case his appeal was denied, so he will stay banned.
    And for those who claim free speech is being broken:
    free_speech.png

Braixen, Jacob_, John_0696 and 13 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.