My Username

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Rant, Aug 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rant

Rant

Ironic.
    Hey.
    Which forum has more bots than members? This one. How can staff (not all of them @TheIncendium) be so cruel to users who haven't done anything wrong? I don't know. This is an opinionated text towards this server, how it's run, and what I think of it. The ban was on forums, not server, just a disclaimer.
    Also, there was no warning given to him pre-ban.
    Don't skim and scan for bad stuff. Look at this passage as a whole. I don't hate you, he doesn't hate you.

The name's Leandro.
    Wrong one, people who have been around for a long time.
    Want to know a good reason to ban someone? Me too. Here's one from a certain someone. I got this from my skype account.
    It went something like this: We don't want you here, find a new place to play on.
    Keep in mind this is from someone who's higher up in power than 50% of the staff team.
    As a 12 year old, you might see me as immature and incapable of grasping new concepts.
    No. Stop that. With minecraft being a place for spoiled white children to screw around with eachother on, you're sure to find someone smart. "But wait, I'm Hispanic?" or "But wait, I'm Asian?" I'm hispanic. My dad owns a pistol with a silencer on it. If i use that pistol one day, do you know what that makes me? Puerto Recon.
    Joking over. Anyways, I'm a 12 year old who excels in writing. I can't control some things that I do, my dad has autism. I'm smart. How do we talk to eachother on this website? Jokes. Lots of them. Occasionally, you'll find a rant or something else serious. But not always. The user in my skype contacts is Mocosloco1. Add him if you want to talk about it.
    He's been on this server for more time than most current staff. Experienced in his field of joking around. Like everyone else, though, he had a serious side. He made posts about the server's state and how to fix it, and just before his ban, he explained his reasons for acting that way. He asked a girl on his skype contacts named Anna to make his first ban appeal. After this was denied, he made another. Denied. Then another. Denied for the reason above.
    The true question is: Is this fair?
    He didn't hack, he didn't harass, all he did was make points on some threads that staff got mad at. He didn't grief, he wasn't discriminatory, he just made some staff mad.
    Being able to overtake any child you want for some of the pettiest reasons... It's not right in my opinion.
    How can you ban someone trying to find different means of getting unbanned just because of an IP address? Why isn't there an open mindset about what should change and what shouldn't? Might it be too hard on some meme-loving, stubborn 11 year old? Sure, change isn't needed. I call the people that haven't been banned yet survivors. Unless you absolutely kiss the ground that is walked on by staff, you don't have much of a chance of staying active or staying unbanned. Unless you really get to know staff, they seem automated in all they do.
    I don't understand.
    What I do understand is that many staff will defend eachother in this.
    I can argue. And let me. I'm doing this for my friend down in louisiana.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    dinoceros, jenn, MrDavyJones and 20 others like this.
  2. dinoceros

dinoceros Donator

I know what case you are talking about. His ban was the dumbest thing ever (IMO)

3. Rant

Rant

Absolute power over the common folk. It's like the middle ages on a screen.

eaglebread_ and Smg like this.
  4. TheMint

TheMint Former Mod+ Donator

Minecraft:
    TheMint
    I absolutely love you. (I meant your humor, I don't agree with everything you said in the thread).

5. Rant

Rant

ily2

6. Warden

Warden Donator

Damn.
    Damn.
    DAMN.

I love you, honestly. I get this is about 1 topic but dude, this spoke to me. You took some of the points I would think and put them into words, and your wording is just- I'm speechless that was so good.

EDIT: I think some people took what I said out of text, I have no relation to the thread, I found a different meaning to the topic when I read it (Which you can read a couple of posts below). I have no relation to what the main topic is about, nor do I agree with some of what was said.

Emma likes this.
  7. Miner

Miner Retired 5-Year Veteran Donator

is it just me or is august the month of the community revolution? So many people are speaking out. It's great to see everyone speaking their mind, not being cooped up in a cage of fear of getting banned by butthurt staff. This was a REAL big speech right there. Not in words, but in affect, since I was around when Leandro was around. He was pretty chill, and seeing him banned was pretty upsetting. Thanks for making this speech man, that was Bill Clinton speech quality.

kms, Emeritus_IV, RSDGames and 7 others like this.
  8. dinoceros

dinoceros Donator

This. This is exactly how I feel about this thread.

9. Trace

Trace Donator Donator

Minecraft:
    akurza
    I respect you for this. You have such guts to say this, and speak out.
    I honestly love you for speaking your mind, This hit me hard.

What @Theminer30 is exactly what I am thinking. Like literally, almost exact words.
    @Rant - I wish you luck. It'll probably get denied, but you earned my respect for putting this into words.

[​IMG]

jenn, sss, Denisvenom9 and 9 others like this.
  10. Rant

Rant

It's nice how many ex-staff are supporting him. Thank you. Edit: Current staff as well @eaglebread_

11. Auxilium

Auxilium Former Mod+ Donator

Minecraft:
    Auxilium__
    I just can't understand, I'm sorry

Are we really that bad?

Like, I just don't see how we're these big bad monsters that you make us out to be; every staff I've seen has actively tried to help people and be as lenient as we can with rule breakers. We don't want to ban people, we only do that kind of stuff after we give multiple chances to the person in question.

The answer to this is that we just don't want to unban. It's that simple; we made a final decision to not unban and we are not changing our mind anytime soon. I'm sorry that it's like that, but it is how it is

This just confuses me, never in my time as a staff have I seen a staff member, especially all of us as a whole, act this way. Yes, I know we seem automated sometimes, but it's because we all are taught the same method of helping people/solving reports/etc, which can appear robotic with our uniform behavior. We're all here to have fun, we don't want praise, we just wanna answer questions and deal with rule breakers. I don't know, I'm just upset that I can't convince everyone that we're not masterminds, just people

I'm slightly hurt that you would all be so afraid of us, and that you'd be so against us

like we're just people, I'm just a teenager trying to have fun

Like, we're all roughly the same age, staff and players. Staff are players; we're not malicious, we don't hunt for people to ban, if you follow the rules everything should be hunky dory
    that's all I got; I'm not really angry, just frustrated and upset; we get so much criticism around the clock from all kinds of players and it overwhelms me sometimes

idk, i know im not a bad person, i know im not "corrupt". im a moderator on a damn minecraft server, i dont understand how everything is so overcomplicated like this is some intricate political system. i just dont understand all the drama, im sorry

i really dont want to offend anyone either, im sorry if i have

edit: im not gonna reply to any replies to this; i dont want to become a part of the problem with arguing back and forth forever

edit 2: but i am gonna like posts that i agree with and im sorry if i took any of the replies the wrong way

YFIOTR, knife, sebastiann and 21 others like this.
  12. Warden

Warden Donator

It's not the fact that we're afraid of you guys (or at least I'm not, some of my closest friends are staff or have been staff) it's the fact that we're afraid to voice our opinion on what we think about current situations/the state of the server. I think I speak for most players when I say that staff are good people, and we know you're just people. But we're people too, and it seems that everytime we try to voice our opinion and "rant" about the server, it gets locked and forgotten about, and nothing gets done. And to the thread creator, that looks like a "We do not care what you think, nor will we do something about it" statement, which I know is probably not the case, but it looks like that to most people. It's why we've developed the attitude of what looks like we're afraid of the staff, because it's a matter of, if we fart we'll get hate for it, when all we're trying to do is get something off of our chest or vent something out. Now I get that some do cause drama (which is why I understand some threads get locked) but others get locked or shot down for no reason, just because we have a voice and we want to make it loud. The thread here has kind of allowed us to do so, what the creator said was what we're all thinking but in a calm way. So it's not the fact we have nothing against you, because I certainly don't and I admire what the staff do, I've always hoped to be a staff member. But it's the fact that we're afraid to speak out, because we might get hated and "shunned" for it.

I apologise if my statement came out that way, because I honestly did not mean to cause any hate or offend any staff members.

Edit: Just like Incendium, I'm not going to reply anymore as I do not want to argue back and forth, I'll like comments I agree with, but I'm not going to reply.

13. TheMint

TheMint Former Mod+ Donator

Minecraft:
    TheMint
    O_O
    I just found the thread funny, that's all... I'm not scared of staff dude lol.

jenn, Denisvenom9, Sakujo and 5 others like this.
  14. KaiserVenom

KaiserVenom Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    KronprinzVenom
    I will support you all the way comrade, unless something comes up and says that this is false. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt for this.
    Whomever the staff member was, if everything you are saying is true, which in my opinion it is, that said staff member should be demoted for such things if the wrongdoing is proven to have been done.
    Countless times have I seen cases where my friends and myself have had our posts deleted just because the staff did not like them. We avoided an outright ban most likely because we are bigger members of the community, and I will name names here. Look at what happened to @MorcovTheHusky . He left because of this.
    Censorship is something I am against entirely, and yes I know this obviously is a private forum, but it is still a very scummy move regardless and people should be punished for doing so if the person in question was banned/censored wrongly.
    Once again, my opinion. I don't speak for all of us.
    Unfortunately, I have an untold story which I took part in, in which I did the right thing, but for the wrong reasons, which I will explain.
    Everyone remembers Mosocloco, and when he was banned, he did infact create an alternate account which I will not name, but it would not matter anyway because it got banned too.
    Unfortunately again, he messaged me first, because I believe he trusted me with knowing that he had an alt.
    I did infact end up getting him banned, but it took me a while to actually do it because I hate backstabbing the trust in people have in me, but if what you said is true and that his orginal account was banned unfairly, I might* have acted differently.
    I had to have a long talk with my friends to give me the courage to hit the report button on Mosocloco's alt, because of that backstabbing feel, but I ended up doing it because it is however against the actual rules to have an alt. But, even if what you are saying is true, I might have still done it because having an alt is against the rules, but who knows.

You get what I am saying?
    Yes, what I am saying might cause drama, but I also fear this thread will as well, so screw it I am doing it anyway. If I do, I'm sorry, I will try not to do so again, but I must say, this must be said.

I believe that anyone who pulls scummy things like that on smaller members of our community should be demoted if the case is proven to be true.
    However, I must obviously say that not all staff members are corrupt and that I hate their guts.
    The bad ones are clearly the minority here, and that is a good thing.

This person went into more context that what I said above, so I will quote them:
    My exact opinion ^^

Obviously I don't know the full story, but I would like to add that I am giving you the benefit of the doubt as if what you are saying is true, personally I think it is, but I could always be wrong.
    Even if what you are saying is wrong, I don't retract my statements for reasons which I will only give if this infact, is wrong because there is no need for me to at the current time.

15. MC_Scout

MC_Scout Fearless Leader Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    Im gonna be the bad guy, so Ill keep this short and sweet.
    1. If you dont know the full story you should not be making assumptions and judgements against or for anyone. @TheIncendium makes a good case for us, however some of you already made your judgement.
    2. Just because you have an opinion does not entitle you to sharing it, and definitely does not entitle you to blasting a group of people. When you get a real job you cant write a wall of text to your boss for everyone to see and claim free speech. Opinions are welcome on this server, but ranting with out offering a soultion is not. This is the very core of drama.

sebastiann, Miner, j0sef and 5 others like this.
  16. noahnoobfax

noahnoobfax Donator

You all are a teensy bit overreacting in the comments. Sure there might be something wrong, but literally constant bashing of a staff publicly is not alright. Take it to dms or something, seriously. "I LOVE YOU FR MAKING THIS THREAD" seriously? Christ. Thats even WORSE than doing whatever they did, its rude because you do NOT know the full story. If you do not know the full story (No the full story doesnt mean the banned person's perspective or the banner's perspective). then dont act like you ACTUALLY know it.
    However, what was said in the original post took somewhat of confidence to make, so kudos. I respect you Leandro for making a thread for your concerns. I dont have a problem with anything you said, and I think you did a good job in expressing how you feel.

If you have a staff report that you dont want staff to see though, just pm a higher staff member that manages those things.

17. Rant

Rant

thanks for reply.
    You're not evil people, and you're not robots. It's just the shadow you cast as a staff makes you seem like all you do is promote rules and make sure people don't do no wrong. This thread was made specifically for Mocosloco's ban and my thoughts on it, as i am a close friend of his, and it includes what both Moco and I thought about his situation.
    What I'm saying is that if you don't get to know staff well and get into their circle of friends, they've a higher chance to not forgive you.
    In Mocosloco's case, he did literally nothing wrong other than posting a few threads. He wasn't given multiple chances, and he's mad about that. One factor in this is that he was not friends with any staff at the time.
    And, incendium, you're one of the best staff I know. You were the only one who helped him on his ban appeal.
    We act afraid of you because of how unforgiving some staff can be. Anyways, the only i in team is in the capital A using a blocky font.
    The section alone that says: "We've made the decision not to unban" corresponds with what I said:
    I'm not offended, either.
    But if you think about it, this system is pretty complicated.
    You have to apply for a block game role like it's a job application, wait to see if it's accepted, which it probably won't be. If you do get accepted, you have to perform menial tasks like the serfs of the kingdom and respond to your admin friend's every whim because they're "busy". Once you've been doing that for like 3 months, or the admins really like you, they'll promote you to mod. Whoopee, more stuff to do, having to deal with the mental 9 year olds that keep spamming links to xxx in messages, read all the reports that are badly made, copy and paste some crap that you honestly don't need to care about, and then go on with your life on the internet. Oh wait, you can't! To be appreciated more, which is all people want on these forums, you must stay staff, or resign when at mod+. Since you decided to keep playing this game of ban the hacker, mute the spammer, warn the child, you have to put up with this for way longer than you want to. Now you're mod+ because xenonhd or neslover likes you a lot. Now what? Resign, or keep this position for like a year? Resign! The community gives you all the likes you want and wishes you well.
    A new wave of staff applications come in. More 9 year olds pretending to be 16 come around, make some more bad staff applications. But who gets chosen? The one who writes the best block game job application. This starts all over again, with a new story to unfold with every staff rank. It's a system of too much commitment. It, imo, gets rid of the fun of this server. Now, from a 3rd person point of view, it seems way worse. You're the person handing out all the bans. Rumor has it you banned a kid for no reason. Your skype gets leaked and there is nothing wrong with that, because it's not that one default's problem. The kid who got banned for hacks goes and makes an appeal. He actually just deleted all of the hacks from his mods folder, you clearly see it, and you deny his application. Now he is mad and calls an Unfair Ban Card.
    A 43 to 900 ratio of staff to players is pretty good. There should be a person on the condensed servers, right? Nope, because it's easier just hopping around and msg'ing your friends in the lobby. Maybe join teamspeak? Eh, too many foreign languages in those darn public chats, better make a chat distinct to my group of friends because Skype apparently doesn't exist.

That's what I think about this system, even though this post was about moco's ban.

The solution is to unban Mocosloco, he did nothing wrong.

What if I told you, the person who denied Moco's third ban appeal was in fact the co-owner mrdeathwilliam?

Denisvenom9, CaptainJackValdy and Smg like this.
  18. ThiccTurtles

ThiccTurtles Builder Donator

Minecraft:
    Cheezi
    I wouldn't be surprised at all....

dinoceros and Rant like this.
  19. dinoceros

dinoceros Donator

1. Most of the people who gave out their opinion on the issue knew about the story in the first place and knew everything that happened in the first place . at least I know I did. So your statement does not make sense
    2. This is different from a job. In a job you couldn't do this but we are in a Minecraft server. We are allowed to peacefully point out the problems of a server or if we're not allowed to, we should because that's basic common sense.
    That's all I have to say

Emeritus_IV and Rant like this.
  20. Miner

Miner Retired 5-Year Veteran Donator

Pretty much what @Warden said. I don't have anything against the staff members themselves, but I think the actions they do sometimes aren't really the greatest, and haven't seemed to stop for a while.

If I seemed angry at the staff or something, I'm not, because believe me, if you are willing to take the time out of your day to go and help a MINECRAFT server, which has nothing to do for you in real life as a meaningful reputation, (I mean, are you really going to put down "Was staff on a popular Minecraft server" on your resume?) really either shows one or two things: A. You want to help out the server out of the goodness in your heart, or B. you just really want that sexy helper tag

Usually, it's A. In rare occasions, it's B. Not saying that all the staff members are B, but it seems that sometimes maybe 1 or 2 did it just for the rank. (This is over the course of 4 years btw). So, sorry if I came off as cruel to you guys. I wanted to say that the actions that you do really aren't what the meaning of "Helper" or "Moderator" should live up to sometimes.

KaiserVenom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.