My thoughts on LGBT

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by BobbyCheeser, Mar 3, 2017.

1. BobbyCheeser

BobbyCheeser AustinWaf Donator

I'm not against LGBT people. All I'm saying is that I could care less if you're LGBT. Just cause I don't act all nice towards you specifically doesn't mean I'm doing it because you're LGBT. im doing it because you've either been rude to me or I'm not in a good mood. I do understand that LGBT have been harassed and bullied and etc but I don't think you should get some special treatment because of that. Remember you're still human like the rest of us. One little thing doesn't make you a better. (Applies to everyone also.) Also the whole bathroom ordeal shouldn't be made such a big deal out of. Use the restroom wherever you feel the most comfortable in. Also I know you guys fighting for "equality" and all that but remember we're all created equal. No one pets is better or worse than another. Apologies if I offended you at all just stating my thoughts.

Jit, X__Ninja__X, Bilbo and 6 others like this.
  2. ChargedMerc

ChargedMerc no Donator

Minecraft:
    ChargedMerc
    If you're LGBT, good for you. Look, you're no better or worse than anyone. You're the same as us no matter what people say,
    but let's be frank here, if you act angry towards an LGBT member, they might or will be like "ermahgherd r u hermaphobic ugh u r dicustinc".
    i mean come on, don't expect every bad action towards you to be because you're lgbt.
    Also, don't take pride too far. It's ok to be proud, but don't rub it on people's faces.
    If you don't get what I mean, here's an example.

"OH MA GAWWWD GIRL IM GAY UR NOT IM BETTER THAN U BITHC YOU STRAIGHT BREEDER AIN'T GETTING A PIECE O' DIS ASS MM YEAH -grabs random guy and french kisses- BITCH NOW U DO THAT"

Then there's the "heterophobes", which makes them think that if you're straight you're homophobic.

need i say more.
    "Why do you call it a gay wedding"
    "Is it so you can charge us more?"
    omf- i'm done.
    Look, you're no better or worse than straight people. Don't hate on us like you don't want to be hated on. And BONUS: If the only thing you talk about is GAY AND GAY AND GAY AND FREAKING GAY, you're annoying. Just saying. (This does not include players with "Gay" on their nametags, people who promote gay rights, or people who are openly gay, etc.)
    Now bet just how much that someone will reply accusing me of homophobia all pissed and using proper grammar. Before you go flip all rage mode read the spoiler below
    Hey, if you don't do any of the above, you're a good person. You're cool. And you should be proud of that. You're not an asshole. You're a normal person. You can actually tell you didn't choose to be gay for popularity (I've had LOTS of friends who did that.) If you're anything like my friends sebastian, or Rock, etc., you're cool. You don't rub it on people's faces like it makes you better. You don't make all straight homophobes. And your main thought isn't gay. If it is, at least you don't go on and on about it. You focus your life on other things. You, in a way, can relate to us. For all the above (in the spoiler), I respect you.
    I can already tell this thread will get locked soon.

3. Rivenze

Rivenze Donator

It doesn't matter if you are LGBT or not. You are still a human being and have the same rights as any other human being have. :)

pianoargmaster likes this.
  4. Joeyy

Joeyy Silly Goose of the year 2022 Donator

Minecraft:
    jeowee
    Tbh I kind of agree. I fully support LGBT in every way possible, but I don't think they should be treated any higher than others. We're all human, and should have equal respect and rights as each other.

I know that I will receive hate because of this, and I apologise for any anger caused, but I will remind you that I'm fully supportive towards all those who have come out as LGBT+, and I'm proud of what their community has achieved in the last 5 years.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  5. Gooby

Gooby ミCutie彡 Donator

We don't call out homophobia unless something stated IS homophobic, if someone is rude to you, you have every right not to like them it doesn't matter if they're gay or not and most people don't use that "oh my god you're being homophobic" excuse, a lot of the time if we say something is homophobic that's because it is.
    Obviously we should all be treated equally, but like in society we aren't as of right now, there are still tonnnnssss of people who are bigoted towards LGBT people, even politicians who are making and proposing bills that are anti-LGBT still to this day and people still get attacked for and ruined for being gay. We're not looking for special treatment we just want to be ourselves and be seen as equals with straight people so we don't face discrimination in society or the workplace.

Aiden, Ayg, Kaylyn and 11 others like this.
  6. badaccount

badaccount something waiting just beyond Donator

Minecraft:
    SailorMathilde
    ait ait look right here
    trans person here i'll chime in

to touch on heterophobia:
    i mean lmao we do gross some straight people out & vice versa
    (both sides can be creepy ofc i'm not denying that)

to touch on saying that you're gay all the time:
    honestly may be a coping tactic so at least you have something to be proud of
    (hell sometimes i do that oops)

now, yeah, all humans are meant to be equal but that doesnt work in my case
    like i'm from the Conservative Putinist Hellscape of Russia and boy lemme tell you, if i was to come out, i'd probably be murdered
    (hell there was one time someone literally got pissed on, like someone broke into their house & literally poured a bottle of piss on their head, for being gay in moscow i think, another time a queer ((or in more common terms, lgbt)) club got burnt down)

though has anyone been killed for being straight yet? nah
    cuz nah straight people are idealized as the Perfect Ones
    those who arent straight are marginalized mostly for that reason

m out
    peace

sebastiann likes this.
  7. Saul1337

Saul1337

Just be casual about what you are, which goes for straight, gay, lesbian, transsexual people.
    I've worked with the two types of gay, the one where you don't or barely notice and the one where it's overly obvious.
    The one where you don't even notice is the gay I say yay to, nobody likes to be forced to hear something they have no interest in. I have NO interest in hearing that you're gay or straight if it comes up in the conversation that's fine talking about your partner happens when you talk to each other, that's how I usually found out they were gay in the first place. These are the kind of people who you can actually have a normal conversation with.

And then there is the gay, I say nay to. The really obvious gay that has to let everyone know he is and has to make everything around him revolve around gay. I've had one of these on the work floors once, and he made gay look bad to me. Everything about him he made gay, his walk his talk the way he grabs a pen. Everything he said had to revolve about the fact that he was gay, and he would ruin your conversation with someone else by joining and turning talk about tractors gay. Seriously man, when I'm talking about how amazing the New Holland T7070 AC tractor is I don't want to hear how it would be a great place for a gay farmer to plow.

I do feel the need to add that I don't dislike anyone who is in my Nay zone, I have worked many gay people and only had one Nay gay, the rest were all yay gays. (Unless I get to know you and I dislike who you are then you are in the list bud)

Anyways, new Gabe video guys. Thought I'd close my post on a positive end.

Joeyy, Bilbo, teitan and 11 others like this.
  8. ChargedMerc

ChargedMerc no Donator

Minecraft:
    ChargedMerc
    I don't care if you're gay or not. You'll still be the same person. As long as you don't try to get with me (aka try to seduce me or smth) or think you're better than us for being gay then I will still treat you the same.
    You're not superior or inferior to anyone. It's like people thinking they're superior to gays because they're str- oh wait...

9. Pugnata

Pugnata Pug the Pug Donator

Minecraft:
    Pugnata
    IMPORTANT: I totally agree with your post and these are just some of my comments, no hate intended at all <3

The problem I see often is that groups of people get seen as portraited in the media, aka muslims are terrorists, all gay people hate straight people, all feminists are stupid af. Its just annoying and I see this happening with a ton of undereducated people. The annoying thing is that people think that its LGBTQ+ vs straight people, but its just what everyone assumes. I would love if everyone would tread everyone as equal, but that is what I like to mention impossible. Society will always put people in boxes and everyone does it. Its not a bad thing, but if it gets too extreme it can be. Also, tons of people like to stay in a bit of their comfort group, for example I can only talk about my female crushes to another female who also is into females, since I just look different at females than a male does (idk just how I feel). idk I want to say more but feel like I shouldnt put an effort in a post on a minecraft forum which wont be read, but I just want to say that sometimes groups aren't bad and that people never can be equal.

Kaylyn, Bilbo and safoya299 like this.
  10. cingle

cingle Donator

Minecraft:
    Cingle
    I don't think you need to worry about that.

Anyways I don't think anyone should treat anyone different based on stereotypes or prejudices. Everyone's different and you can't really categorize a group of people based on stereotypes.

jessie, Jit, Kaylyn and 9 others like this.
  11. jessie

jessie Donator

I don't fully understand the "gays shouldn't be treated better than straights" stuff or the "I'm coolio with them but if they try to touch my no no square, its over," kind of thing.
    For the second one, that's like a straight guy hitting on a girl and she's not into him. That's totally fine. When a gay man hits on a straight man, then we have issues. That is not equal treatment.
    And the gays shouldn't be treated better than straights... better..
    I mean what do they have that straights don't? I think it's the discrimination of loving someone that makes them so much better !! Or maybe the harassment and threats that they get for being open with themselves !!
    What lucky people !!!

Gooby, Sofie, Emma and 6 others like this.
  12. ChargedMerc

ChargedMerc no Donator

Minecraft:
    ChargedMerc
    These would be the situations I'd handle.

"Um.. Merc, I kinda have a crush on you... for a while"
    Me: aw, that's sweet. But sorry, I'm not gay. We can still be friends though.
    "Yay :3"

If you try to make anything dirty on me, girl or boy, joke or not, (AND IT HAS HAPPENED, pm me if you wanna know) I'm going to despise you forever. No example because there are kids here.

13. jessie

jessie Donator

I don't care to know. If it was the gender you were attracted to, you would have no issue. If the same sex tried something, you'd despise them. Thank you for only proving my points more.

Jit, Sofie, cingle and 1 other person like this.
  14. ChargedMerc

ChargedMerc no Donator

Minecraft:
    ChargedMerc
    I guess you do have a point. But the reason wouldn't be because we hate gay people or something similar. I guess it'd be because we'd either be disgusted that a man is hitting on us or we're insulted by the fact that someone thinks we're gay (the typical "GAYS ARE FEMININE" stereotype). In my case I guess it'd be the first.
    If a gay person kissed a woman, it wouldn't be too thrilling from what I gather.
    It'd depend on sexuality. If you're gay you want to kiss the same gender. If you're straight you want to kiss the opposite.
    -but if that makes us rude then we should seriously work on that-

15. jessie

jessie Donator

You literally just said that you wouldn't hate them, you'd hate the exact thing that straight people would do. Why would you be disgusted of a person of the same gender taking interest in you ? And why would being classified as "feminine" be an insult? Being feminine doesn't take the "man" out of you. You really are just proving why they aren't treated better and I personally think you should definitely stop while you are ahead.

Sofie, Emma, teitan and 2 others like this.
  16. YFIOTR

YFIOTR Donator

Minecraft:
    YFIOTR
    @UghItsMerc I feel like you have never interacted with someone who is not straight before. It's best to not make assumptions. I have two friends who are gay, one which I am really close with. I never had any problems, and why would I? They are just like you and me. I'm dissappointed I had to even say that, like what? One of them was also sexually assaulted and I had to deal with that, and it's been tough. So please just stop instigating in these threads and stop having the same thing happen over and over again. Like come on guys.

17. ChargedMerc

ChargedMerc no Donator

Minecraft:
    ChargedMerc
    Soz, I didn't say that all people who are queer are like that. I've met some pretty chill ones. I'm sorry about your friend being sexually assaulted, that sucks. My intentions were to clarify why people would say that they'd be fine if their friends were gay as long as they didn't try anything with them. Clearly I used the wrong words to express that. Yes they are just like everyone. I'm just saying that while there are some people that are nice, there are people with cons too. Ok and now I'm contradicting myself :/
    Point is, I didn't say those things with bad intentions. I wanted to answer a question which I did in a rather rude way. If I did offend or create negative emotions to anyone then I apologize.

TheMint likes this.
  18. YFIOTR

YFIOTR Donator

Minecraft:
    YFIOTR
    Well dude, this has happened like many times before where you apologize after instigating a heated discussion with LGBT as the topic. I find it hard to believe that you didn't have bad intentions anymore.

19. ChargedMerc

ChargedMerc no Donator

Minecraft:
    ChargedMerc
    ikr ._.
    also: the main topic of hate with me isn't only focused on lgbt people. trust me, i've had lots more arguments with a topic that has nothing to do

20. TheMint

TheMint Former Mod+ Donator

Minecraft:
    TheMint
    You took it the right way at first.
    But then you kind of messed it up...
    I know you didn't have any bad intentions, Macario. You just didn't express yourself in the right way, which is a phenomenon that tends to make people very hostile on the forums (just like in this thread). I'm not going to attack you or anything, I'll just show you and everyone else a different perspective regarding this issue.

I know what you're trying to say. It's not very comfortable when someone you're not attracted to tries to start something with you (I've experienced it a few times), but that's how life is.
    Think about it this way: those people don't know you aren't attracted to them (in this case, they might not know you're not gay). You might be and you might not be. If you were in fact gay and you were attracted to them, but they were too afraid to ask you out because they didn't want to put you in an awkward position and risk getting rejected, a potential relationship would be thrown away.
    If you don't let people initiate, you're leaving the job to matchmakers. You don't want that, trust me.

Even though it's kind of awkward sometimes, just know that it is just as uncomfortable or even more to the other person.

^ that's the right way to handle the situation. Take it as a compliment, people like you :)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017