My Demotion

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Stolas, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Stolas

Stolas waffles > pancakes Donator

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    I’ve decided that re-writing this was a good idea.

Attitude, of course, is my “big problem”. I have been trying to fix it, but I haven’t received help, advice, etc. from anyone; hell, I don’t know exactly how to fix it.

I was also demoted for inactivity; which I later sorted out with Harry, I’ve only been inactive for 3 weeks (*still not a month) and not 1.5 months.

I’m still hurt by the decision. I personally believe I should have been given the opportunity to fix my mistake, which I technically did, but I never really got a diagnosis of the problem, which would have helped.

It’s also time that I’ve said something that I planned to tell in a future time, but this is a good time to come clean about it. I am not 13. I am 12 years old, and have been since my promotion day. You all probably lost my trust, especially the owners, staff team, etc., but I can no longer live a lie that I can’t resolve. I turn 13 in September 22nd.

Sorry for deceiving you. I never thought I’d make the cut, and when I did, I panicked, but excited took me over, which brings me to my attitude. I’m still growin.

You’re all amazing, and once I can gain the trust I once had, I’ll re-apply and be the best staff member I can be. For now, I’ll see what the future holds.

Sorry for lying, sorry for leaving the team.

Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  2. TheMint

TheMint Former Mod+ Donator

Minecraft:
    TheMint
    Don't leave dude. I can tell you still want to be staff. I think you should take some time off and try to re-earn your rank.

Think of this as an obstacle in your journey and try to learn from it. Don't let it stop you.

And just in case I misinterpreted you and you're in fact tired of holding this position, farewell Expedect.

tence3000, Phoenix and Stolas like this.
  3. Stolas

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    If anything I feel free now. Being staff made me feel as if I was in a constant state of “no, you can’t”.

4. Meme

Meme Ex Mοd >:) Donator

Minecraft:
    Amphibology
    Im actually sorry for this reply, will post it anyways. I suggest you read before deleting/requesting it to be so;
    You have a build team which I really liked seeing your builds on, not going to lie. When I was staff, I did not really see you doing reports or such, focusing more on your build team where you, reasonably focused on forums. Where you helped people, I rarely saw you on the server lately, which was probably the main element of your demotion. Reading further down the thread I don't think you really understand what demotion means, you are not being pushed out of the community or being blacklisted from the staff team. I can see you coming back to staff soon or at least being active around the community, I think your attitude will get better over time, until then,
    Take it easy, Expedect.

AbductedSnake, Emma, Radii and 11 others like this.
  5. Phoenix

Phoenix Donator

Thank you so much for being on the team. Even tho it might feel like it, you definitely aren't a bad staff member.

I'm so sorry to see this happen to you, because to me it would be horrible to get the demoted, especially if its sudden.

Please know that I'll always be here if you're in need of help, or anything. Stay strong, and it takes time, remember that. <3

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    Strikyn and Stolas like this.
  6. Costellon

Costellon professional Boy Donator

Minecraft:
    colorised
    exp ive wanted to be your friend for a while. i know we've had a very rocky past but i still think you're a good guy.
    i've been watching you as staff and i can see what you mean by "no, you can’t".
    i can relate to you in so many ways, really.

even if you don't want to talk to me still, i'll be here if you want me.
    take care.

7. Stolas

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    Ive edited the thread with new information; sorry.

ZeusV likes this.
  8. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Emotional Support Staff Member ~ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    I'm sorry but I'm going to Mom this. You see how I am now and I still come across as bitchy and a hard ass. Five years ago, I was so much worse. If I was never made aware of the things I was doing from someone on the outside I would never stop and notice what I was doing. It damaged so many friendships.

I remember when you were first made staff because I reported a hell of a lot during that time. Lately, I've noticed that you seemed very frustrated. I don't talk to you as much as I talk to other staff, so I really didn't know if there was a reason. Being demoted may feel negative but doesn't mean it actually is. You have some insane potential, don't let this get you down. Take this time to learn about yourself, it'll make you stronger long term.

I wish you the best. <3

Phoenix and Loocy like this.
  9. Strikyn

Strikyn Donator

Minecraft:
    Strikyn
    Hey Expe,

It's great for you to be coming out and showing your real age. Actually, your mental age seems less like 12 and more like a lot older to me, I guess you've learned a lot from being staff. I would also like to thank you for the amount of effort you have put into the server

The staff are always here when you need us. If you ever feel resistance from doing your job, it's always OK to PM an admin and explain what is happening, this is pretty much a future recommendation if you ever become staff again.

I wish you good luck when you re-apply, and I hope you make it back on to the team stress-free and ready to do your job.

10. Ezzerland

Ezzerland Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    I honestly don't think I could have said it better.

Expe-
    You are a good person bur I think you hold yourself to unreasonable standards. That is not a bad thing because you will push yourself to go farther, but it can be unhealthy.

I know you have goals for yourself. Achieve them.

11. Contemptible

Contemptible | Former Mοd | Donator

Minecraft:
    --
    Expedect,
    Everyone makes mistakes and no one is perfect.

You did a wonderful job, attitude or not, and you helped as much as possible, even with being inactive.

It is very mature of you to come clean to the community, and if I say so myself, that's very grown up, you're one step closer.

We will miss you, stay strong :)

tence3000, Cami, Stolas and 3 others like this.
  12. Stolas

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    I guess I should also say sorry for overreacting earlier; I’ve been awake for 24h traveling and hearing the news really grounded my gears.

13. TheFlamingDragon

TheFlamingDragon Resigned, Former M.o.d Donator

Minecraft:
    TheFlamingDragon
    You were a good staff bro, but I also hope this situation reaches other people so they also know the consequences of breaking the application rules.

You were a great example for many people. :)

14. Stolas

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    I wasn’t demoted for my age. I confessed today.

15. ZeusV

ZeusV Former Moderator Donator

Minecraft:
    ZeusV
    Don't take it out on yourself, it wasn't your fault.
    You are a great person, don't let anyone deny it.
    Stay strong and don't give up :)
    -Zeus

16. TheFlamingDragon

Minecraft:
    TheFlamingDragon
    Wait then why’d you get demoted

MemeDreamTeam likes this.
  17. Stolas

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    That’s the point of the thread.

MC_Scout likes this.
  18. TheFlamingDragon

Minecraft:
    TheFlamingDragon

19. MeatBoy0

MeatBoy0 Donator

Minecraft:
    MeatBoy0
    He got demoted for inactivity

TheFlamingDragon likes this.
  20. Yellow_Pants

Yellow_Pants Casual gamer Donator

Minecraft:
    Yellow_Pants
    Inactivity was just one of the reasons he was demoted, otherwise he may have gotten staff again. Besides:

It was just a misunderstood, since he didn't go beyond the inactivity dead line.

Stolas likes this.