1. Joseph10003

Joseph10003 hi. Donator

Minecraft:
    RetroJoey
    Okay so I wanted to make a thread to talk about someone who is very important to me.

Some people think of it more as an obsession, but Lorde has really helped me get through a lot. Her songs mean a lot to me. When I am sad or happy or just bored, her songs make me feel a lot better. I remember the first time I found out about her. I was on the Billboard Top 100 and I was just browsing some songs. I saw that this girl was on the list for her song "Royals." I remember listening to it and instantly liking it. The message was unclear at first while listening to the song, but I quickly found out. I looked up the lyrics and I understood the meaning. She was 16 years old at the time and I thought that it was cool how such a young girl could come up with songs that have such a powerful message. Her songs are brilliantly made in my opinion and her writing style is very interesting. Anyways, to continue, I listened to Royals and became obsessed. Usually when I like a song, I listen to it a bunch and move on, but there was something about her and her songs that made me want more. I started to listen to her album "Pure Heroine." Her songs helped me through rough and awkward times like getting older and having more responsibility.

I liked a few songs off the album and there were some that I didn't like at first. I started to listen to this album more and more. I listened to it at school, while doing homework, cleaning, eating and every second I could basically. She started to become more well known and I enjoyed that. She eventually did songs for the movie "The Hunger Games" franchise. I was extremely proud that such a young person could form a whole tracklist for such a big film and also create songs to fit the movie. She is a big inspiration and I would kill to go see her live, since I never have gotten the chance to.

She gets a lot of hate and she gets made fun of for being "odd" and "weird" but this is not always bad. She is unique and she is different and being unique is not always a bad thing. Hopefully this summer, a new album will come out.

Feel free to post about who your inspirations are. It doesn't have to be specifically a music artist, it can be anyone. Hopefully you enjoyed this thread and if you haven't listened to her album, please try to give it a chance.

Thanks for reading c:

knife, Blossom, nzoslash and 17 others like this.
  2. stanateez

stanateez hongjoong enthusiast Donator

In a way I can relate, I kind of always wanted something to waste my time on and when I found anime // Japan. Wow.
    I am obsessed with learning about the culture, anime, J Pop and other things like that
    Although a lot of my friends find it weird I dont.
    Watching anime takes away all my troubles for that 20 minutes while I watch an episode of Vampire Knight <3 Zero is mine.
    And learning about Japanese food and stuff like that makes me want to move there. I am in love with it. I want to go to Japan and probably even more there. I want to learn Japanese to but I dont think that will happen.
    Even though anime is still a big thing more people in like England need to know about it.
    My friend didnt like anime but she watched One Punch Man and now she is obsessed.

So even though its not a inspiration or a person it still counts as an obsession right?
    But it inspires me to learn more about it and become a professional weeaboo.
    xD
    :p
    ~ Alicia

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    NickerPan, Katy_, katlynn and 2 others like this.
  3. Kizkuto

Kizkuto uhhh Donator

Minecraft:
    Kizkuto
    I'm with you on this one. I know so many people get hated for what they do, but no matter what people are going to hate you for what ever you do.
    This applies to anything to making music, jobs, things you do, or just something stupid. I can agree that people at a young age like Lorde could do something amazing. If you like something, and someone says something bad like "Oh they suck" or "I don't like them" then don't listen to them. Have your own opinion on things. If you think it's right chases are they probably are. I love making music and I love making people laugh. The people who really inspired me was Haywyre and Jon Hellberg or Hellberg. They really inspired me to make music and I really enjoy their songs. I recommand listen to some on their songs. I know there's something for everyone, but I'd like to thank one person in particular, and that's @Katzzz. Shes really inspired me to start singing and make music as well, and also drawing. She's been there for me ever since I can remember, and I'd like to thank her for everything that's she done.

Joseph10003, Chaps, Smg and 1 other person like this.
  4. Strikyn

Strikyn Donator

Minecraft:
    Strikyn
    [​IMG]

Beat it, Aussie. We win, you don't.

Best offtopic post ever btw.

Joseph10003 likes this.
  5. X__Ninja__X

X__Ninja__X yeep Donator

Minecraft:
    X__Ninja__X
    I did like Lorde's sons like Royals and stuff. But she has just dissapeared, I don't remember the last time I listened to one of her good songs

Joseph10003 likes this.