Likes Stats

Discussion in 'Creation Showcase' started by TheDiamondPicks, Dec 18, 2018.

1. TheDiamondPicks

TheDiamondPicks String.format("%d %s", 404, "Title not found") Donator

Minecraft:
    TheDiamondPicks
    I love data, it's the best trade deal in the history of trade deals.

But you can't get much data on the J&H forums - at least in a processable format.

So I made a program which looks at your likes and outputs two CSV (like excel spreadsheets) files, one that has a list of everyone who has liked your posts, and how many times they have liked it and one with every thread you have posted on (including profile posts, however comments on the same post author and posts on the same persons profile are combined). This allows you to firstly see who are your most prolific likers (Rem, human and TreePreserverMan in my case), your most liked threads (Complete List of Ranks - great thread, you should totally check it out, followed by [redacted] and finally the J&H app I made) but also create cool graphs, like this one:
    upload_2018-12-18_21-6-31.png

A few warnings about this tool - it is not user friendly. Firstly its a command line app, because GUI's take time. Additionally, you have to input the cookies the browser uses to keep you logged in. This is because logging in on any website is a complicated process which would've added more work to an otherwise simple program.

To do this on Firefox (the process for Chrome should be similar):
    1. Right click on any J&H page and click inspect element
    2. Click on 'Storage' up the top
    3. Expand the 'Cookies' menu on the sidebar and click 'http://itsjerryandharry.com'
    4. Copy the value of each cookie, like so:
    upload_2018-12-18_21-12-38.png
    This is a bit of a pain, so if you have any questions feel free to ask (don't share screenshots though, as the cookie values can be used to access your account). If you don't use two factor authentication, you can skip the 'xf_tfa_trust' cookie by pressing enter.

The program will now process the likes (this can take a long time if you have a lot!) and output two files: 'likes_threads.csv' and 'likes_users.csv'. These can be opened in Excel and Google Sheets and then can be used to create graphs or whatever you want!

If you're interested, here's my list of people who liked my posts:

Here's the python file:

And here's the exe, for those of you who don't want to install python:

Unzip it and double click 'likes.exe' to run it

This is a bit technical, so if you need some help, I am happy to help.

ItsHarry, Davey, Ryva and 6 others like this.
  2. TheMint

TheMint Former Mod+ Donator

Minecraft:
    TheMint
    likes_users:

likes_threads:

I think something got the likes_users results wrong... aren't there supposed to be values?

TheDiamondPicks, ItsJerry and Soap like this.
  3. dinoceros

dinoceros Donator

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    TheDiamondPicks likes this.
  4. TheDiamondPicks

TheDiamondPicks String.format("%d %s", 404, "Title not found") Donator

Minecraft:
    TheDiamondPicks
    fixed it
    py file:

exe:

bonus - the only cookie needed is the xf_session cookie, turns out the others aren't really needed

5. dinoceros

dinoceros Donator