Life: Complicated, Challenging but Opportunistic.

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by nivels, Apr 19, 2016.

1. nivels

nivels Donator

Why am I writing this? I've experienced many things on here and over the course of my life in general. I just want to give a talk on life and what it offers us. Any comments that are typically said on these types of threads will be deleted because there is no need for them. This is my opinion and I want to share it.

Life is a truck load of things. We can't define our lives. It's too hard to put it down to a few words. Our brain is so vital that many people actually don't see the value of it. The thing is, many of us expect way too much of ourselves. Which isn't bad, but it's not something that you should beat yourself up over. Life is full of disappointment. But it's how we deal with those problems that makes us stronger. No matter how well you deal with it or how shit you deal with it, the disappointment opens up a door, always. You may feel like no doors have been opened, but trust me, one will open. We learn from our mistakes, take risks (not stupid risks).

I looked at a KSI video the other day and he actually talked sense (for once) regarding a topic that we all know and ''love''. That topic is drama. Drama will never go away, but if you want to limit the amount of drama, as KSI says, ''don't fuck up''. People will obviously mess up, and eventually, they will learn. It could take one event or multiple events, eventually, people will learn. Some don't learn and those are the kind of people that you don't associate yourself with. Don't convince yourself that they will change. Some don't and they will end up ruining you and even ruin themselves. If someone is making fun of you or bullying you, they are most likely hurting inside themselves. But that's life. Life is full of bad and good. It is never just solely one thing.

I was bullied before. Turned out the bully was the victim of parental abuse at home. I'm not saying all bullies are hurting inside, some are, but there are dicks too. Treat others the way you want to be treated. If you treat someone good, expect it back. If you treat someone bad, expect the worst. And as negative as that sounds, unfortunately, that's life.

If you're hurting, someone will be there for you. Don't jump to the conclusion of ''Okay everyone hates me, oh no I'm going to cry and leave the forums forever'' or whatever the case is. Grow up. You know you mean something to this world, don't create this demon inside of you telling you that you're worthless. You all mean something and I know a lot of you on here are great people with so much potential.

If you ever feel the pressure of life. Drop everything and sit in silence, or even listen to music. I prefer to sit in silence because I want my thoughts to be heard. Nobody can stop you, only yourself. Your mental health means a lot more to everyone on here and it hurts me that people don't take it as serious as it should, but it's getting there. Do whatever makes you comfortable.

Here is something I can suggest. Keep in mind you don't have to do this. If you're down, think of something that makes you happy. There are an endless amount of things. Think of something someone said that made you laugh or smile. I'm not asking you to praise yourself as self praise or receiving ongoing praise is only a temporary burst of excitement. Look deep into your heart and think of something you treasure or something that makes you happy.

If I was to some up the purpose of this thread because I know somebody will ask me: This is just me being deep with you guys. I feel like it's important to show people that they are not alone. You are in the same boat as everyone and there are many things you should take pride in. Mental health and life are things that I feel should be discussed at times just because it's not taught a lot. I am no expert, but I just want to say that life is complicated, but it's never, ever going to hurt you forever, unless you let it hurt you forever. Life is full of problems, but also full of opportunities.

Meluii, Bilbo, Burrito and 23 others like this.
  2. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    I like to go by this a lot, no matter if people hurt me. Yeah, I'm bullied IRL (I actually am), and it hurts. No matter how other people treat me, I try to always be the best person I can be. I know that I will one day be re-paid for my kindness.

I have seen people suffer through depression because of some horrific words/actions that have happened to them. You know what I tend to tell them? I say that life is meant to be our biggest challenge. Life was never meant to be easy;only the strong can withstand it. And I know for a fact that there are few people who can't take lifes challenges, but there are many who think that they can't withstand it, but actually can. We can't change how everyone feels about this topic, trust me, we can't. But we can inspire them.

No matter how someone feels about this thread, if they like it or not, they should know that life will never get any easier. Most of us have it really good; just imagine what people go through today, and in the past. I see people moaning because they can't get the new video-game, or have to go to school, when there are people in this world literally dieing of starvation/dehydration and would give anything to step foot in a nice school. To get an education.

This is a note to everyone who thinks they have it bad, when you actually have it great:
    No matter how "bad" your situation is, there is always someone going through worse.
    So, suck it up.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    Kizkuto, nivels, jdjfjcnfnck and 2 others like this.
  3. Keboozle

Keboozle

I agree to everything you say Slevin, and TheRealSmg.

Life is hard, and it's meant to be. Life is fucking shit sometimes. "Life is like an obstacle course, choosing a path with no obstacle courses won't lead you anywhere."

One thing for sure to make life easier is to only be yourself. Being yourself creates much more opportunities, but where is the opportunities if you constantly look at yourself and change who you really are because of others' opinions and comforting others to their standards? You don't express yourself at all. If you be yourself, you much more likely to have focus and have directions in life. Bullying can be a cause to force people to change. Once people understand who you really are, you have much more respect from them. Following such negative opinions can affect you so much in a simple way.

Another thing which makes our life hard is school. It's just too much, too much. I've been told many times I am dumb and cannot get into university which gets me depressed and anxious once I make deep thoughts about it. However, I've been told many times that I will get into a (good) university. Some people have no faith in you, but that is life. Like Slevin said, if life is weighing you down, think positive. Think positive and positive things will come.

Just remember, life is hard, and don't forget it. We all go through this. There are plenty of opportunities ahead of us, we just can't see them. If we create opportunities, once day we will look back and won't forget what we've done to make life much more easier not just for you, but others. Once again life. Is. Hard.

Everything we do is LIFE.

Just do things we want our ways because we only live once.

As the quote has it, "We are all faced with series of opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations." - Charles R. Swindoll.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    Kizkuto, KaiserVenom, nivels and 2 others like this.
  4. RealTDITyler

RealTDITyler Will you love me after all the mistakes I've made?

Minecraft:
    TeamTyler
    No wonder society is fucked up, people can't take what they give.

Keboozle and Smg like this.
  5. Denisvenom9

Denisvenom9 》Faction Veteran《,

Minecraft:
    nippls
    life's a roller coaster

Smg likes this.
  6. Radii

Radii Donator

Minecraft:
    Radii
    just because somebody might be going through something worse it doesn't strip you the right to feel upset with your own issues. what you're saying basically means that you shouldn't be happy because somebody out there is experiencing something better. just because they are feeling something in a more extreme way, it doesn't mean you're not allowed to feel the way you are. obviously some people have more exaggerated situations like the one you mentioned, and that is very tragic and upsetting and needs to be fixed, but "sucking up" your emotions and labeling them as irrelevant doesn't help your situation either. at least in my case. whatever

anyway nice thread slevin, you gave good advice and said nice things like you always do

Kizkuto, Aiden, cingle and 5 others like this.
  7. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    When writing that last part, I was targeting people who think they have it bad for the reasons I stated (school/etc). Trust me, I know people go through hard situations, and I'm not doubting that. I just see so many people complain about how bad their lives are, when they have tons of friends/a loving family/etc.

Seeing the confusion now, I'll edit the last message.

Radii likes this.
  8. TheMint

TheMint Former Mod+ Donator

Minecraft:
    TheMint
    I feel like a big part of fucking up in life is not to live it.

Kizkuto, safoya299, Rob and 2 others like this.
  9. nivels

nivels Donator

This is why I respect you bro. I've seen this vid before hence the quick reply.

Kizkuto, Rob, KaiserVenom and 2 others like this.
  10. BlakeSenpai

BlakeSenpai ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Minecraft:
    Dankyrie
    I honestly believe that your never going to go through life without the downs. But people never want them. Sadly they exist. But getting this out there was a good thing.

Rob and Smg like this.
  11. blok

blok Donator

I like the quote "Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose" for this exact reason. You always have victories, but when you don't learn from them.

Smg likes this.
  12. Trollz

Trollz Donator

Minecraft:
    HuntXD
    The only peace is death.

Mistakes are to be learned from.

When it's difficult never give up and the good times may come.

And always remember this: Live your life to the fullest :D