Leadership

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by TwageTomato, Aug 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. TwageTomato

TwageTomato Former Mod Donator

Minecraft:
    Twage
    Hi there.

With all the dissatisfaction of people in America over the people currently leading the nation, I thought I'd make this thread to clarify what a historically good leader looks like. People have a lot of different ideas of how leadership works, and who would best lead a group of people. I'm here to give my opinion on the matter.

Good leaders should be stupid. That is, stupid relative to the people the leader surrounds himself/herself with. The leader in a group should NEVER be the smartest person of the group; the leader should instead surround himself/herself with advisers he/she knows are smarter. The leader should be the person who can best organize the smart people, get them to work together, and set a single goal and vision for the group. The leader should be able to get the smart people whatever they need in order to best do their job. The leader should take advice from his advisers, listen to their council, and let them do their jobs. When a leader has too much of an ego issue to let others be smarter then he/she is, that's when they fail at being a leader. The leader must rely on the people around him/her and not micromanage the things his/her subordinates do. The leader acts as a coordinator, a logistics manager, and creator of the end goals for the group.

That's my two cents on how leadership should work.

vipa, Smg and Radii like this.