I'm losing my patience.

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Xcel, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Xcel

Xcel Donator

Minecraft:
    Xcel_
    Why does most of this community bash the staff team? I understand there's issues that need to be addressed, but there's no need to make several threads saying the same thing. I don't think a lot of you understand the amount of work and time the staff team sacrifice for the server. Yes, they make mistakes, but they're doing their best. Most of them are teenagers trying to please and serve the best they can. A lot of you make absurd assumptions without hearing from both sides.

Here's another thing I find hilarious: Most of the "haters" towards staff are applying themselves. So many of you are crying about the "terrible" staff team, but at the same time sweating over an application. If they're so toxic, then why apply yourself? Why would you want to be apart of such a horrendous team? It's all about the popularity that comes with the staff member rank. It's truly disappointing to see this. Stop being a bunch of hypocrites.

I've been listening to the drama lately and haven't said a single word concerning these issues, but I had to get this off my chest.

Thank you.

2. Strikyn

Strikyn Donator

Minecraft:
    Strikyn
    I only have 3 words for the haters; use common sense. Especially if you're going to apply for a team that you hate most. It seems like most of the time they don't think about what they're doing and how it's affecting the community. Bashing the staff and getting away with it? Easier said than done.

Something needs to be done, quick. Before everyone gives up and leaves.

Dest likes this.
  3. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    I do agree that the threads about "bashing" or "exposing" the staff shouldn't have been made....they only lead to nonsense, and useless drama...hurtful..drama..

But, for real, people are allowed to have their own opinions. Please...don't forget that..
    If people want to hate the staff team that tries their hardest to make this community fantastic, them let them freaking hate. I..really don't like when peeps try to make other peeps change...to what they want them to be. Let them be them, and let yourself be you.

Same thing to your next topic, if they want to bash the staff team and apply, then let them. We can't control what they do, but again, I do agree that some threads...shouldn't have been posted. The staff here is great, and this is what I believe, but people are allowed to not like the team. The staff team has its flaws, surprising enough, it isn't perfect. Let the people who "hate", hate. Don't forget that I agree that threads all about "exposing" the staff team shouldn't be made, because....it causes....drama...that hurts everyone.

Remember to stay positive, and have a good day/night. :)
    Smgstar out, peace.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  4. MC_Scout

MC_Scout Fearless Leader Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    Its not just you, but this is a good example.

People dont seem to get it.
    Just because you have an opinion does not entitle you to sharing it. You can absolutely despise the staff team, we can not stop you from doing that. However, as you pointed out, you should not be ranting about it.

Icy, Kaylyn, Aiden and 3 others like this.
  5. Denisvenom9

Denisvenom9 》Faction Veteran《,

Minecraft:
    nippls
    because staff are way to full of themselves

Killy_Kiid likes this.
  6. Soap

Soap Donator

Minecraft:
    soapC
    That's so stupid, I mean people should understand that the staff team puts a lot of work into the server. Yeah, they might make mistakes here and there, and that's their fault, and we shouldn't judge that. The staff team is very important to me, maybe not to other people, but I respect all staff.

-Soap

Phoenix and Dest like this.
  7. YFIOTR

YFIOTR Donator

Minecraft:
    YFIOTR
    I think it also goes both ways. The haters need to cut it out, but the countless hero statuses and threads like these made by staff and non staff need to stop as well.

Also everyone needs criticism to improve so no these threads shouldn't totally stop. The community deserves to call out staff on what may seem unfair but they should do it less maliciously than the past.

8. Hellotoyou

Hellotoyou [Legend] Donator

Minecraft:
    hellotoyou12345
    Sorta like how civilians bash cops

9. Kaylyn

Kaylyn resigned Donator

Minecraft:
    kkaylyn
    i agree with you. the staff are just teenagers having fun and volunteering their time to this server. people are so quick to judge and bash a staff member is something goes wrong. we all know that the staff team isn't perfect, but we could have it way worse like some other servers, who have staff who don't give a shit.

we actually have an amazing staff team, who try their hardest and make the server enjoyable. they're the ones who ban the hackers that you rage about. they're the ones who warn the people who say disrespectful things towards other people. give them a break.

to the haters:
    image.jpeg

Xandalf, Auxilium, dreamvlle and 4 others like this.
  10. Syrian

Syrian Former Mod x2 Donator

Minecraft:
    Syrian_
    I kind of wanted to comment about this too, but I'm not going to basically summarize all that's said above. All I want to say is that some players (and staff) forget that a staff member is to make the community a better place, not to bash users or issue thousands of warnings. When it comes to what is and isn't against the rules, it's based on user enjoyment. For example -- Hacking may make game play fun and enjoyable for you, but it ruins the experience for others.

Staff are no different than players other than permissions and trust. The rank does not put you above anyone nor does it mean you're better than everyone else; it just shows you've dedicated more to the server. In the end, will it all matter?

Another thing that's misunderstood is hostility from staff members. In order to give the server a better outlook, staff hide behind masks and pose a "mature" outlook (perfect grammar, robotic language, you get it). Sometimes to a player, it feels like they're talking to an unforgiving robot. However, I would recommend staff to read:

Think before you post. When a new member is causing drama, obviously unaware of the guidelines, think before posting. Speaking out against them and belittling them for their drama may farm you likes, but is it worth it? Instead of bashing down the new member, tell them that what they're doing is wrong. Let them know they made a mistake, and that they can move on from it. Sometimes this can go a long way between a new member's decision between remaining with the community or leaving. Don't kill your enemy. Make them your friend.

I also disagree with the fact that staff are given a lot of attention for their rank. Now obviously I'm not bashing staff nor am I flinging accusations, but let's be honest--sometimes staff get carried away when it comes to attention and popularity, and sometimes staff may be too harsh and prefer to warn even if the situation appears to be minor. Unfortunately, there is no protocol that says we have to follow some strict pattern or have our minds filled with sunshine and rainbows when dealing with your average rude dude.

In conclusion, I'm not saying staff are perfect--but they aren't one hundred percent evil either. We aren't any better people than you are, we just managed to achieve a higher rank on a server based on a game about cubes.

There is no intention of discredit, harm, or discrimination of anyone in this post :D

-Sirius :)

11. noahnoobfax

noahnoobfax Donator

Bc those people are attention seekers plain and simple. Or ofc theyre nostalgia freaks.
    Not every staff is perfect tho. I have a few I dislike as well, but I dont make full on rants about them. Thats attention seeking. Plain and simple.

12. Joseph10003

Joseph10003 hi. Donator

Minecraft:
    RetroJoey
    From past experience, I don't think the staff team is bad at all. But if you were to take the decisions and choices of individuals and strip away the rank that they may have, you will see the wrong doings of those certain people.

Basically what I am trying to say is that I have never hated the staff team as a whole... but... certain people on the staff team have done things in the past that I don't necessarily agree with. But again, does this make the whole entire staff team bad? No. Do I think that some decisions from some staff are sometimes not fair? Yes.

As far as opinions about staff go, I think you should be allowed to express your opinion as long as it doesn't cross the line. You can talk about the staff team and say that they are great or maybe that they are terrible, but if you were to call a specific member out, I think that would be considered crossing the line. Even if you have an unpopular opinion, you should be able to still say it because if you were to limit the unpopular opinions and just allow the popular ones, that would create a "biased" feel to this place and I don't think that is something that should ever occur. Usually it is best to consider if you actually have reasons for whatever you want to rant about because if you are just ranting to rant, it doesn't really do you any good. Like for me, I have made unpopular opinions in the past about things that I thought should be addressed, but I never just ranted to rant. I have always had a "method to my madness." Also, I never really tried to cross the line. It has always been more of a civil approach or a civil debate. Does having a different opinion about things or the staff team make you a bad person? No. Does ranting to just rant and being rude and calling out staff members make you a bad person? Yes, because that is no longer "having an opinion" when you are attacking people for no reason or claim at all. So as far as having a different opinion goes, I think as long as you don't cross the line and you remain civil about your claim, you should be allowed to have an opinion. And sure... you might get hated for your opinion even if you don't cross the line and even if you remain civil, but at the end of the day, it's what you think and what you feel and people can't change the way you think or feel. Plus, I like to stay true to myself and what I believe in and I'm not going to just change my ideals to fit another persons ideals or to just fit in with a certain group... sorry.

this is my opinion, so you don't have to agree btw.

13. vrogod

vrogod #ajan Donator

Minecraft:
    Kurodeki
    If you know the staff team is working their asses off that's all that matters because your support means something. Keep on loving the staff team and they'll keep making the community as clean as possible for people to enjoy.

Just have to be patient and appreciative of the little things.

dreamvlle likes this.
  14. safoya299

safoya299 Donator

Minecraft:
    safoya299
    I think that certain people have held grudges against a couple people in the staff team and blamed the whole team for the supposed wrong doings of a few. An example of this is when I had conflict with a couple of staff members last summer and I became infuriated to the point where I made a suggestion thread to restart the staff team.
    I think that's one issue that needs to be solved.
    Another one is bashing specific staff members publicly. Actually no. Bashing anyone publicly is just a really dumb move. It doesn't stop the anger/ issue. In fact, it heightens it. People often say that it's their "opinion" but if your opinion is that who and who is immature, then keep it to yourself because that's obviously going to cause conflict. I think that needs to stop too.
    All you have to do to solve both of these issues is to talk to the staff members privately. Then the issue can be solved quicker and with less people involved.

Smg likes this.
  15. dreamvlle

dreamvlle resigned Donator

Minecraft:
    bedazzledblunt
    It's highly hypocritical, I can understand that. I've always seen staff members receive complaints and get bashed for things they didn't do in a report or if they "didn't help at all." What I don't understand is why you're losing patience. You have to grow tolerance for this, during the time it is not directed towards you as you are not a staff member. Most of us that have left comments here are not staff. I can understand why you're losing patience partially but let staff deal with it.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    Nessa, questionmark, Markend and 2 others like this.
  16. YFIOTR

YFIOTR Donator

Minecraft:
    YFIOTR
    Exactly

This is basically a thread made to complain about the people who make threads to complain about staff. The intent is good but it just accomplishes nothing.

17. GYPTIAN

GYPTIAN Azza Donator

Minecraft:
    GYPTIAN
    lmao all this over a few 12 year olds chill.

18. YFIOTR

YFIOTR Donator

Minecraft:
    YFIOTR
    Isn't that factions too though?

MC_Scout likes this.
  19. GYPTIAN

GYPTIAN Azza Donator

Minecraft:
    GYPTIAN
    Not really probably just the kids that you banned or talked to, maybe look around more and if the staff ever logged on factions to sort things such as chat out that would be cool. k thx bai
    [Preparing for that one person that will do a whole paragraph about how stupid i am lmao]

20. YFIOTR

YFIOTR Donator

Minecraft:
    YFIOTR
    I know that. I was just joking around. I play factions and know many people on there. I was just playing off what you said by exaggerating factions just like you exaggerated in your post because obviously all staff are older than 12.