Ignorance

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Joseph10003, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Joseph10003

Joseph10003 hi. Donator

Minecraft:
    RetroJoey
    So lately, I have started to realize that a lot of people have become blinded and confused about things regarding what people identify as. I think that if you were born a boy and want to be identified as a girl, you have every right to.

One problem though... transgender bathrooms. People have made such a big deal about this, but basically transgender bathrooms are supposed to be for both genders (whichever one you choose to identify as). My Aunt on my biological fathers side of the family shared this video on her Facebook page the other day:
    https://www.facebook.com/TruckDaily/videos/vb.155828164564516/626375327509795/?type=3&theater

I don't agree with this video at all. They are making bathrooms specifically for transgender people, so why would a parent even let their child go into one in the first place? Unless they were transgender, it shouldn't be a problem. Not only that, but the guy in the video said that transgender people were perverts. Last time I checked, sexuality or what you identify as does not determine if you're an actual pedophile or not. There are straight people who are pedophiles and there are a lot of people who have these intentions, so saying that only transgender people are pedophiles is really ignorant. It's just a bathroom for those who who specifically identify as transgender. This shouldn't be made into a big deal because it doesn't even involve anyone else but trans people specifically.

To make matters worse, this is what my Aunt replied after my mom called her out on the situation:
    [​IMG]

She made no valid points to me at all. She has every right to believe in what she believes, but posting it publicly on her Facebook was not right. I never even told her in my first post that she was ignorant and/or wrong at all. I would show that post, but she unfortunately deleted it. If people were more educated on what transgender means, maybe there wouldn't be so much judgment and hate in this world. It shouldn't matter what people want to identify as. If it doesn't effect you, then don't worry about it. And if you don't even know what you're talking about and you can't make valid points to back up your opinion (much like what my Aunt did in the screenshot) then don't post because it makes you look ignorant. She even went on to say that "I raise my kids.. which go to church, that's what we believe.." Okay, that's great that you go to church and I have no problem with that at all (even thought I'm Agnostic) but I'm tired of people using this as a crutch. Okay, we get it you go to church, but the way she used it in her comment was more of like "I'm better than you since I go to church" or "my opinion is more valid since I go to church." Just because you go to church doesn't give you the right to judge others. Plus, last time I checked, it is the job of whatever God you believe in to judge people for their sins and not you. All sins are equal. We all sin, so please don't try to make yourself look better through your religion because it's not going to work.

Another issue that has been bothering me lately is people at my job. They have been giving me a hard time. One of my co-workers was talking to me one day about how me and this other guy that I work with are the only guys that are waiters. I agreed with her because it's true that we are the only guys, but what she said next made me upset. She basically went on to ask the question of whether or not I even "qualify" as a guy. Like what? I get it, I'm more feminine than most other guys, but I identify as a guy and I was born a male, so why did she have to make me feel bad about myself? It hurt me a lot because that is just who I am and I am just so so tired of there being labels on everyone. Just because a guy acts more feminine does not make him gay or less of a man than some other guy. Plus, even if a feminine guy was gay (you know, since I'm bi and feminine) that shouldn't automatically make someone gay or bi because they act more like what a "typical" girl would act like. They could be straight and just be a lot more emotional and stuff, but society likes to label any guy who doesn't act like the typical manly man... It also is the same for girls. If a girl acts more like what a "typical" guy would act like, society might view them as different or even go as far to say that they may be lesbian when in fact, they might not even be lesbian at all. Me personally, I don't care what your sexuality is and I don't care what you identify as. As long as you are nice to me, I will treat your with equal respect right back.

In the long run, it shouldn't matter if you are a feminine straight guy or gay guy, masculine straight girl or lesbian girl, transgender, whatever...
    We are all humans and we have the right to be happy and be who we want. We need to learn how to love one another and to come together instead of judging and hating others. We are all on this planet together and we are all here for whatever we make our purpose out to be.

That is all,
    Thank you for reading. Have a nice day/night everyone c:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    Rob, Miner, stanateez and 26 others like this.
  2. XxLamprophyrexX

XxLamprophyrexX 》Faction Veteran《 Playboy

Minecraft:
    PapiJr
    shes right, bruce jenner aint no fucking hero, just a famous person cutting they dick off? how tf he a hero? He took the FUCKING BRAVERY award, from a man, who saved his whole fucking plantoon squad from a cross shooting. Fuck you mean she a hero, its fucking weird. A deep ass voice with someone with tits?

eh inspiration for some people, but the FUCKING bravery award? are you shitting me?

3. Braixen

Braixen The Gay <*w*> Donator

Minecraft:
    JadeTheManedWolf
    I must disagree with you, Caitlyn J. is a hero. She was a legend, an Olympic Competitor. At the top of her game, she may have been a biological male, but she felt and considered herself as a female. A Trans surgery is not just "Cutting their dick off". It involves expensive medications, therapy, and a ton more support by family and friends. Now, don't get me wrong, a soldier who saved his squad from certain death is certainly brave, but Caitlyn coming out at the top of her game, and against all the criticism and hate, is way braver, because it is something new, something bold. People fighting everyday at war is not new, and it never will be, but Caitlyn made a huge step for Trans people, and showed the general public the true idea of Trans people. I'd also like to point out that the lack of grammar, information, and common decency you have is very worrying.

EDIT: Also if anyone can PM me an article of how the runner-up "saved his platoon" from a "cross shooting", that'd be fuckin' great, because the runner up was a guy named "Noah Galloway", who lost his leg and half of one of his arms from an IED ambush. And honestly, if that's the case, then like, half of people's arguements here are basically BS, just wanna throw this out there.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
    stanateez, Katy_, Jojoisfab and 5 others like this.
  4. Joseph10003

Joseph10003 hi. Donator

Minecraft:
    RetroJoey
    There was so much more to this thread than that and also what you said doesn't prove anything. Your post is just opinionated and presents no factual claims to back up what you're saying.

5. SinisterBucky

SinisterBucky Exemplary Gaming Co-Founder and GM Donator

Minecraft:
    _Bucky
    My congratulations to Caitlyn Jenner. That's fantastic. My disgust to North Carolina and Mississippi, but I will NEVER compare transgender transistions, not even a celebrity's, to the work of a soldier in combat. Wanna know why? My grandfather has been driven insane by PTSD from the Vietnam War. Wasn't his choice, he did his job, and now my family has cut ties with him. I very, very strongly disagree with this one particular statement of yours I'm quoting.

Miner, MC_Scout, stanateez and 5 others like this.
  6. XxLamprophyrexX

XxLamprophyrexX 》Faction Veteran《 Playboy

Minecraft:
    PapiJr
    yea true, eh you can see caitlyn has a hero but you just cant FUCKING compare between a soldier who probably goes thru a lot of shit, and someone who is famous switching genders.

Caitlyn probably sees fans everydays, shes rich,
    the soldier probably saw his partners head get blown up or some shit.

cant fucking compare thats where i strongly disagree with husky which actually ticked me off a lil

7. Joseph10003

Joseph10003 hi. Donator

Minecraft:
    RetroJoey
    I can see where you are coming from, but there is so much more to this thread than debating on who/what is more brave.

8. sebastiann

sebastiann Donator

Coming from an actual trans person, wow! See, I may not always agree with what Caitlyn Jenner says, or does but she did give trans people more representation in the media. She gave trans people the wrong representation in my opinion. She does NOT represent trans people. Do you understand how much the multiple surgeries are, how long it takes to get hormones, how stressful life is for trans people? It's a lot of money, it's a lot of stress, and a lot of much much needed support. I wouldn't go as far as to call her a hero. Hell, I think that she is a terrible person (for reasons not to be named). Doesn't mean I don't support her transition, that I don't support her. I wouldn't have given her the award. And, just wait... she isn't the first trans person to come out! She isn't the first trans person. She is the first trans person to come out like this, and for it to be public like this.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    jessie, stanateez, KokichiOma and 9 others like this.
  9. Joseph10003

Joseph10003 hi. Donator

Minecraft:
    RetroJoey
    I agree. I think there are a lot more brave people out there than her, but still what she did was brave. I wouldn't go as far to saying it was more brave than a soldier fighting for their country though.

10. sebastiann

sebastiann Donator

Yes, completely agree with you.

Joseph10003 likes this.
  11. SinisterBucky

Minecraft:
    _Bucky
    Which is why I only had a bone to pick with that one sentence.

Joseph10003 likes this.
  12. Joseph10003

Joseph10003 hi. Donator

Minecraft:
    RetroJoey
    Oh, I understand.
    Like for me, I support transgender people and basically the LGBT+ community as a whole, but I still think that what Caitlyn did isn't really more brave than a soldier fighting for his country.

Disphxrial, stanateez and sebastiann like this.
  13. Braixen

Braixen The Gay <*w*> Donator

Minecraft:
    JadeTheManedWolf
    I did not mean to compare the two actions of these people directly, and I'm sorry that my post made it seem like such. But, if you ask me, one mark of "bravery" is the both long, and short-term effects they held. Again, I would like to reiterate, I am NOT saying that Caitlyn going through the process is more brave than fighting in combat, and saving your squadron. That is not what I'm saying at all. What I am saying though, is that Caitlyn's actions had a greater effect on a larger number of people, than the soldier's actions. But those are my opinions, and you don't need to agree with them.

Anyways, lets please continue the purpose of the thread, which is to discuss the blatant bullshit and insensitivity of ignorance, which is a social issue that isn't tackled too often.

14. SinisterBucky

Minecraft:
    _Bucky
    "I should not haft to explain what a transgender is to my Lil one every time I go to target!"

Yes, you should, until they know the definition. You're the fucking parent, so raise them. And for the love of your god, learn to spell.

Katy_, Disphxrial and Joseph10003 like this.
  15. Joseph10003

Joseph10003 hi. Donator

Minecraft:
    RetroJoey
    My Aunt lives in a small town in Oklahoma. She is very ignorant and not the brightest c:

Disphxrial and SinisterBucky like this.
  16. SinisterBucky

Minecraft:
    _Bucky
    Does she live on that little strip that juts out to the west side of Oklahoma?

17. vipa

vipa the hornace of death Donator

That little strip is called a panhandle, just an FYI.

Anyways, I don't think we should have transgender bathrooms, it's very unnecessary. Trans people should be able to live normal lives like everyone else.

I may be a little nitpicky, and a little off-topic, but I don't understand what's with all the 100+ genders. There is only male, female or both. Sometimes I feel that some people in the LGBT+ community wants to grab more attention, people should live equally to others, being in the LGBT+ community does not make you above others, and it doesn't make you "special", you are just a person, like everyone else.

MC_Scout, teitan, YFIOTR and 5 others like this.
  18. SinisterBucky

Minecraft:
    _Bucky
    Alright everyone, prepare for Buchanan's crash course on precision of vocabulary: SEX VERSUS GENDER.

Fun fact: you're right if you're talking about SEX, which I do not think you are because you mentioned gender in the first sentence.
    Fun fact 2: you're wrong if you're talking about GENDER.

Sex is biological. There are two biological sexes: male and female.

Gender is based on socio-cultural establishments that by definition begin with female and male genders, however because gender is a socio-cultural thing it's not bound by the principles of hard science.

Another thing to note is that sexual orientation is ALSO not the same as gender, and I say that only because people seem to use the terms interchangeably sometimes.

EDIT: I agree with everything else you said. Transgenders shouldn't have to have their own bathrooms. That ruins the point of them changing their gender, doesn't it?

Katy_, Braixen, vipa and 1 other person like this.
  19. Saul1337

Saul1337

Are you serious?
    Caitlyn braver than a soldier saving his squad from a fire fight? HELL NO. Your way of thinking is so messed up,that you think having surgery to change your gender is braver than being a soldier in a warzone wtf.
    What does Caitlyn do compared to soldiers? NOTHING. ''Not just cutting their dick off'' Soldiers are lucky if they don't get their head cut off, or lose any other major body part when they are deployed. Soldiers go throughs years of training only to be dumped in a hell hole where they are greeted by the enemy that is happily shooting at them from the moment they arrive to the moment they leave. They are highly trained and skilled people that go through years of training, they are able to give fast and good medical attention with little medical supplies in a dirty area, they get more support then Caitlyn will EVER get. But they also get more hate than anyone else from the people they are trying to protect, but they still go on and risk their lives for people who are cheer when they see a soldier get blown to pieces or beheaded. And what do you think that they do when they survive HELL and come back to their homes and family? go on with a normal life? NO, they need therapy therapy tHERAPY, they are mentally scarred for life. They dig holes when a fire cracker goes off at a random time because they think they are being bombed. Of course this is not new, but Caitlyn changing their genders wasn't the first time it happend as well but it only got media attention because they are famoussss!!! and because caitlyn supports a cause MILLIONS support.

And saying ''Caitlyn's actions had a greater effect on a larger number of people, than the soldier's actions. But those are my opinions, and you don't need to agree with them.'' just makes me cringe and angry. You really need to rethink your ways. Greater effect? What greater effect is there then to save peoples lives? Did caitlyn go into a dangerous situation or gun fire to save peoples lives, NO. And there is a larger amount of people behind a soldiers death, think about all the family, friends, and people around the soldiers life who will suffer from his death.

tl;dr the things you say make me very angry and upset, rethink the way you think.

20. SinisterBucky

Minecraft:
    _Bucky
    I agree with you. The way he worded it was pretty erroneous. However, he did say afterwards that he didn't mean it that way.

Braixen likes this.