How to level up quick / guide for PrisonMMO.

Discussion in 'Prison' started by Eoin, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Eoin

Eoin

Minecraft:
    CyanWool24
    Welcome to my guide (CyanWool24) for prisonmmo. There will be 3 sections including;
    Section 1: Review / How To Play
    Section 2: Tips / Do and Do not
    Section 3: Easiest ways to level up
    This will be very useful if you are a new player looking for help, hope this helps you!

Section 1: Review / How To Play

This first part is from the wiki:
    In PrisonMMO, you can level up your skills by training them.

There are 6 skills you can train: Melee, Mining, Woodcutting, Smelting, Brewing and Fishing. Some of these skills can only be trained in the Tiered Areas (see world map). For example, to train Mining you need to mine ores which can not be found outside of the Tiered Areas. As you level up, you can upgrade your gear by crafting or enchanting in the spawn.

The deeper you go into the world away from the spawn, the more dangerous it becomes. However, stronger mobs and better ores, trees, fish and brewing ingredients can only be found in higher tiered areas.

PVP is enabled everywhere outside of the spawn, so try to stay close to Guards to protect yourself from any attackers. Guards will attack nearby players who instigate a fight. However, they won't chase their targets forever! As you go further away from the spawn, there will be fewer and fewer Guards, so stay on your toes at all times.
    Another factor of prisonmmo is quests. There are 21 quests that each give you a key fragment when you complete them, you can spend your key fragments on keys to open up crates for special items. The second way to get key fragments is from cave of life. Every 2 hours crystal of life explodes sea lanterns (when mined become a fragment) around the cave of life. There is 1 crystal for every 5 players online so make sure to come to the cave of life with your squad!

Section 2: Tips / Do and Do not
    In this section I will bullet some tips and do and do not, make sure to read all of them!
    • Jungle wood smelts 16 a piece while coal does 10 a piece, this makes jungle wood the best fuel
    • Only spend white scrolls on diamond armor / tools
    • Only use your good enchantments books on diamond armor / tools
    • When you first start the game key fragments are very important DO NOT sell them once you get your first
    • When going into the wild (for example: to mine lapiz) don't only bring your tool bring a sword as well
    • If you have tools / armor that is relatively good for your level make sure all your other stuff matches the what would be "Good" for your level.
    • Avoid players way higher level than you, this could cause you to lose your best stuff.
    • If you see a murderer you are allowed to kill them without guards chasing you, if you think you can take them down go ahead, if you think not then back off.
    • Keep stuff that sells for a lot (for example: dark oak) till a booster happens and remember to /tip for your quest
    NEVER afk in the wild, players, mobs are anything is out to kill you, even in the forest xD
    Section 3: Easiest ways to level up
    Newbie's guide (New players)

Let's say you just started the game and your stats looked like this:
    Melee [1/99] (0.0%)
    Mining [1/99] (0.0%)
    Woodcut [1/50] (0.0%)
    Smelting [1/50] (0.0%)
    Brewing [1/50] (0.0%)
    Fishing [1/50] (0.0%)
    Total Level: 6

Your first step is to get to mining level 10, go out into the wild mine coal till you have complete the step

Your second step is to get to woodcut level 15 to advance woodcut level is pretty easy so this wont take too long (once you hit woodcut level 5 start to mine birch)

Your third step is to smelt your coal, you will have about smelting level 5 once you smelt all of it (to smelt the coal use on piece of oak wood then use the coal you made)

Your fourth step is to harvest about a stack of nether warts from zombies which would get you about melee level 5, then get about 400$ from a friend or selling one of your possessions useless to you, buy a stack of glass bottles, and fill your inventory till you cant do it anymore. Then put in all your nether warts and pop a water bottle in then out, repeat this process till you get rid of all nether warts / glass bottles. By now you should have around brewing level 10.

Your fifth step is to fish at spawn till you get to fishing level 10. This will only take 10-15 minutes so it is definitely worth it.

After this you will be level 55 so from there level up your woodcut, mining, smelting, and brewing, the other skills should be leveled up later when you are nearly medium tier.

Apprentices guide (semi- decent players)
    Lets say you followed my steps above, your stats should look like this:
    Melee [5/99] (0.0%)
    Mining [10/99] (0.0%)
    Woodcut [15/50] (0.0%)
    Smelting [5/50] (0.0%)
    Brewing [10/50] (0.0%)
    Fishing [10/50] (0.0%)
    Total Level: 55

Your first step is to mine lapiz till you can get a stone pickaxe. Your mining level should be about level 15 now. Make sure to store your lapiz before going out somewhere else!

Your second step is to go to desert (tier 2) and mine jungle wood till woodcut level 20 also make sure you can kill the spiders!

Your third step is to kill zombies till you get to melee level 10, you should have about 2 stacks of netherwarts as well.

Your fourth step is to use those 2 stacks of netherwarts for the same brewing leveling up tactic, you should be about brewing level 18 now.

Your fifth step is to mine lapiz (and 32 birch logs) till you have enough to get a stone sword and stone axe.
    Your mining level should be about level 20 now and your woodcut level 21.

Your sixth step (final step for semi-decent players) is now that you have a stone sword go into the desert (Always make sure you have armor on when you have your stone tools) and kill spiders till melee level 15 this wont take too long.

Amateurs Guide (decent players)
    Let's say you followed my steps for the apprentice's guide your stats should look like this:
    Melee [15/99] (0.0%)
    Mining [20/99] (0.0%)
    Woodcut [21/50] (0.0%)
    Smelting [5/50] (0.0%)
    Brewing [18/50] (0.0%)
    Fishing [10/50] (0.0%)
    Total Level: 89

Your first step is to mine coal till you have enough to get to smelting level 10 (about 3 stacks of coal) you should have about Mining level 21 now.

Your second step is to smelt your coal to get smelting level 10, then smelt your lapiz to get smelting level 13.

Your third step is to get your lapiz you just smelted and use it for full chain armor.

Your fourth step is to go to desert, harvest melee till level 20, mining till level 25, and woodcut till level 25.

Your fifth step is to mine about 4 stacks of lapiz you should have about mining level 27, then smelt it so you can get smelting level 15.

Your sixth step (final step for amateur's guide) is to smelt that gold ore ending up with about smelting level 18.

Intermediate players (Semi - good players)
    Let's say you followed the steps above, your stats should look something like this:
    Melee [20/99] (0.0%)
    Mining [27/99] (0.0%)
    Woodcut [25/50] (0.0%)
    Smelting [18/50] (0.0%)
    Brewing [18/50] (0.0%)
    Fishing [10/50] (0.0%)
    Total Level: 118

Your first step is to get your spare gold and make a gold pickaxe and gold boots.
    From here you should be on your way knowing what to do and how if you do /wiki you can see more detailed leveling stuff. Just level up your fishing from here and stable your level like shown above, also make sure you get better tools, armor, ect. Then advance to more tiers when you can do something there. If you made it to the end thank you so much and make sure to reply, see you later!

-Cyanwool24
    (level 256)

ZeusV, ItsJerry and Veronyca like this.
  2. Veronyca

Veronyca

Minecraft:
    Veronyca
    Great guide, I actually did most of those things myself when I began PrisonMMO. Also would like to stress to newer players not to forget about Brewing and Fishing levels, as at the beginning they are fairly easy levels. And if you are worried about being attacked by mobs and players while mining, try to find the spots in each Tier area that mobs rarely spawn in. Little coves ect.

When brewing, although it may seem more beneficial to use 1 ingredient for 3 bottles, it wastes a lot of time. I'd recommend 1 ingredient per bottle. I also see many beginners drinking their awkward potions to reuse the bottles. Don't bother. They are cheap. Just cut some wood and sell it, it isn't worth it.

With woodcutting, I would recommend using a Jump Boost to get up in the trees. Some Tiers don't need potions if you have parkour skills haha, but in Cave for example it is needed as far as I know. Keeps you from being attacked by those pesky cave spiders and give you extra time to do /spawn or prepare to fight back if one is coming for you.

If you are going to do Fishing, try to get it quickly up to a level high enough to fish in Hell, cause those pufferfish are a great food and XP source. There are also a couple places you can get up to in Hell to be more protected from magma cubes and players. Be creative. Hint: (Left water hole as you walk in, building closest to the entrance next to it is easy to get up to the window area, this is a good place to fish from, but there are better spots you can figure out for yourself haha). ;)

Woodcutting is also the best source of money earlier on I would say, once you can cut dark oak you will see the money start rolling in. Definitely hold onto some for Boosters, but I have only experienced one since I started so don't stress about it too much. It still gives you A LOT. :)

To get Melee up fast, honestly I just killed magma cubes from pretty early on. There are a variety of spots that make it difficult for them to hit you. Once again be creative, and remember that they do give you 120 XP per magma cube.

If you manage to brew 8 minute Fire Resistance potions, kill the blazes. You basically cannot be hurt and as far as I know they give you the most XP out of all the mobs.

~ Veronyca. <3
    (Level 288 currently)

* Also, watch your back while mining. XD

Edit: If you have Sharpness books, sell them to me if you want a lot of money, and fast. :)

Eoin, ZeusV and ItsJerry like this.
  3. Eoin

Eoin

Minecraft:
    CyanWool24
    You wouldn't need potions of leaping at hell, I know you may be like "the neo jump plus going up a block together is pretty hard" well on the side of the tree there is a 2 block jump (I guess its another tip ;) ) Also blazes still can hurt you with their fireballs but it does minimal, if you have any questions be sure to ask them!

4. Veronyca

Veronyca

Minecraft:
    Veronyca
    Yeah, I said some Tiers meaning Cave and Snowy. The tree in Hell that I use is easy to get into.

Also, just learned a couple things recently. So instead of awkward potions, make mundane potions earlier on instead as they give +30 XP.

And for Melee, don't waste your time with blazes and magma cubes as they take far too long to kill. Get a diamond sword, get Speed I potions and Strength I potions and slay creepers. Trust me, it is faster.

~ Veronyca. <3
    (Level 313 currently)

And if you have any Sharpness II+ enchanted books or Efficiency IV, let me know and I'll buy it for a high price.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2018