Here's a guide to some of the maps on the server.

Discussion in 'Parkour' started by Muffin_Mobber, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Muffin_Mobber

Muffin_Mobber Reality Surfer Donator

Minecraft:
    muffin_mobber
    Before I post videos, I'd like to describe a mindset which you should have before playing parkour. First, know that many things are possible, and there's always someone better than you. See a crazy time? DO NOT assume it's a hacker, as that will lead you down a mindset which makes learning difficult and accepting difficult. I am decent at parkour so my advice should be taken as pretty accurate.
    I would recommend that if any of you are interested in parkour, becoming good at it, that you should strongly attempt to get your first top 10. I've witnessed it several times as well as experienced it myself, and it is a great feeling. Getting your first #1 is similarly powerful (:
    There are, I would define, three big parts of parkour. Execution, creativity, and determination. Creativity determines your ability to find shortcuts and form fast routes, execution obviously allows you to EXECUTE said routes, and determination is your ability to not lose your desire to get the time you want.
    I'll just say this now, if you want to see someone with incredible execution and creativity, just see Rycerz125 on youtube. He's, what I would consider to be, the very best speedrunner in the world in minecraft.

But for itsjerryandharry, I might, unfortunately, be one of your best options :P
    Here's all the videos I've uploaded about Itsjerryandharry.

Rainbow:

Cathedral:

End:

KingdomRuins:

NetherTemple:

Mine (My favorite map):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drGCB5Uof7k

Prison2:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT_8n5oft1Y

I encourage you all to participate in contributing to this site, where times other than my own can be seen: https://www.speedrun.com/jh

I'm terribly sorry for the vague thumbnails and limited array of levels, but unfortunately, this is all that I've recorded (I only began recording a few weeks ago), so if any of you have any questions on any maps on the server, I'd be very happy to answer them (:

And if any staff see this: Please don't remove shortcuts. What you're really doing is destroying the validity of millions of runs. That's what it is. Someone plays the map 40 times until they beat it. Multiply this by every player on the server that's played it + each time they've played it + years of time passing + those who have played it thousands of times and you get, in certain cases, millions of times, as was the case before the most recent parkour reset on maps like Mine and Jungle, some of the most played on the server. It just seems like the demolition of history to me, so please don't do it. In addition, you're destroying creativity and it's not as if everyone will use these paths anyway, just those desiring faster times. Don't hit me with that "Not how the map was designed to be played" lmao. Garbage reason which benefits nobody to get rid of something that benefits and gives joy to everybody.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    Cami, Bruhtrash, Sakujo and 3 others like this.
  2. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    damn you are really good at this

3. Muffin_Mobber

Minecraft:
    muffin_mobber
    Thank you (:

4. PhantomStar

PhantomStar Zzzzz... Donator

Minecraft:
    StarlightFoxx
    Slightly OT but did you really need to use 9/11 for one of your thumbnails kek

Sakujo likes this.
  5. Muffin_Mobber

Minecraft:
    muffin_mobber
    How can you be sure that that's what that image is of?
    Also rather than search for something on google I found that one handily in my saves that I had once used in a Kahoot. So ye. I had to.