Do all of us a favor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Katerina, Apr 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katerina

Katerina Former Mοd Donator

Minecraft:
    KateREEEna
    This goes mostly to the new staff members and not to cause any drama I actually got some complaints

As a former staff member I know that staff member should OBSERVE BEFORE ACT and they should also listen to OTHER'S OPINIONS and also be NEUTRAL

ok so far? moving on

So I've seen a couple of cases like this lately, and INB4 "there's an appeal section!!!!!!!!!!!!" let me tell you this:
    You shouldn't warn someone if they just WANT TO HAVE FUN and expecially you shouldn't be so thirsty to find reasons to warn someone

Just because you find something offensive, doesn't count. If all of you find it offensive then okay warn and delete the msg but listen to other's opinions for once, stop being "triggered" as we call it

I know you guys are new and I know you're so excited to warn someone but for the love of god do not warn everyone for the smallest things. I literally can't talk in the shoutbox anymore without my msgs getting deleted or getting warned (and I bet I will get warned for this too)

Oh and guess what, mild-swearing is allowed. This forums isn't even 13 friendly, it's fucking -5 friendly

I know this isn't formal at all, I really am not the formal type. Simple english is the best

oh and I know I've been immature but I've been a normal player for like 3 years now but this has never ever happened to me before
    Thanks

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    kaylynn, Jit, StarHalation and 29 others like this.
  2. JokerBen

JokerBen Mod+ | The Joker Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    JokerBen
    I agree with the overall message here but I have a couple opinions. I'm not denying that some staff have a strict trigger finger. Personally, I am more lenient with profanity (maybe than I should be), but others aren't and that's just the way they operate. It's not wrong by any means.

People also define "fun" differently. A year ago, I thought fun was faking a death. Obviously, I was rightfully punished. Now, I don't consider that "fun", I consider it destructive and immature. See, the wrong types of fun most certainly warrant warns. I'm sure that everyone "wants to have fun" but there are also rules to abide by when doing it.

That is all, thank you for opening this discussion up for people to add their opinions :)

Mookey, Rem, ItsJerry and 2 others like this.
  3. Katerina

Minecraft:
    KateREEEna
    We were a little too harsh on you ben and tbh there is no fun on this forum anymore. It used to be much better
    Basically if you guys were less strict? actually scratch that it isn't even about being strict it's about what nowadays society considers "fun"

If you guys let us talk about drugs and guns in public chats then you should also let us talk about sex, suicide, "adult movies" and also swear. It's equally as inappropriate as they are if you think about it (it doesn't go directly to you ben I'm talking in general)

Mookey, namename321, Smogg and 7 others like this.
  4. Syrian

Syrian Former Mod x2 Donator

Minecraft:
    Syrian_
    I understand your reasoning, but there is something to keep in mind:

IMG_0375.PNG

tence3000 and Katerina like this.
  5. Katerina

Minecraft:
    KateREEEna
    [​IMG]
    I'm talking in general, I don't even know who warned me or even anyone here

Jit, namename321, Smogg and 5 others like this.
  6. Syrian

Minecraft:
    Syrian_
    I'm not speaking of the thread you made, I mean of the "rebellion" we have seen recently. Select few of our members disagree with staff warning a certain player. Instead of criticising staff or causing drama, the player in question should appeal.

7. Katerina

Minecraft:
    KateREEEna
    But that's why we have "staff chats" and that's why we have mentors, in order to discuss and find a solution. Avoiding drama isn't always the best solution and butthurting someone aka disagreeing with their opinion should be a normal thing. I mean, we should discuss and try to improve right?

kaylynn, Mookey, namename321 and 14 others like this.
  8. Syrian

Minecraft:
    Syrian_
    Staff are open to constructive criticism but it should be the type of criticism that identify an issue with the staff.

Example: "Staff are biased from time to time"

However, criticism like "All staff are cancer" is not constructive and is therefore with intent on mocking, offending, or harassing staff. Most of the time we ignore these things, but if it becomes a problem involving many people or a repeat offender, staff begin to take action.

Mookey, Aran, Miner and 5 others like this.
  9. Katerina

Minecraft:
    KateREEEna
    Me and a couple of other players are basically telling you guys that we aren't having fun anymore which is also a big issues. Why? Well because if a game discussing forum isn't fun then people will constantly complain and leave and that's the main reason we lose so many players, because of the way you and we act so if we try making this a better place then we will all be happy and we will reduce the amount of people who leave this place. I have been here for 4 years and I have had the fun of my life. I hate to see this place corrupting because of shit like this

kaylynn, Jit, Mookey and 18 others like this.
  10. Contemptible

Contemptible | Former Mοd | REEEEEEEEEEEE Donator

Minecraft:
    Contemptible / Apedemak
    I've never personally been victim in this, but I've seen a lot happen to people for the smallest things.

In my own defense, as a staff member a while ago, things are more than likely discussed amongst staff members. However, in the cases that aren't discussed, I down right agree with you. The staff have cracked down on their rules more and we need to stick to them, despite its flaws. If you aren't having the fun you should be having, then that's a big issue. Address the issue Kiz.

Nonetheless, I'm on your side.

Katerina likes this.
  11. postmelon

postmelon resigned Donator

someone finally said it

tence3000, Mookey, sss and 2 others like this.
  12. chriss

chriss Donator

Okay so recently me and a couple friends have been joking around in a non-harmful and non threatening way. I guess this has just put the staff on edge and felt the need to delete or messages and warn us in situations that aren't always appropriate.
    Ex:
    I say two emojis (one single message) in shoutbox earlier, not spamming, not breaking any rules: message deleted soon after post. Meanwhile if you scroll up in the shoutbox, @sui said the same exact thing as me hours before and it wasn't deleted. How's that fair? Why are my messages being deleted? Are emojis not allowed anymore? By no means was I spamming.
    I don't think that the response should immediately be to warn someone in certain situations. Things definitely have changed since I was on the staff team, but some of the things I've seen going on lately are not right or fair to players. I get that staff is a big responsibility so I don't think it should be abused or used in the way that some staff members use it.

Edit: whichever staff member deleted my TWO harmless, friendly emojis, I would appreciate it if you messaged me why they were deleted. I'm talking about today too, there were no other emojis or anything around it to make it look like spam. So please, PM me and tell me why.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    kaylynn, Mookey, Smogg and 13 others like this.
  13. JokerBen

JokerBen Mod+ | The Joker Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    JokerBen
    I actually am with you on this and the need for consistency. I honestly don't pay attention to the shoutbox that often and don't pick out things like these. I only had one problem with what you guys did and even then it wasn't too big of a deal (to me at least). I'll PM you what it was so we can avoid unnecessary public drama.

tence3000, Emma and Katerina like this.
  14. WHOSAMER

WHOSAMER Some Memelord Donator

Minecraft:
    Doopher
    tru

Katerina likes this.
  15. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    Agreed, we will work on it

tence3000, Mookey, Job_ and 26 others like this.
  16. WHOSAMER

WHOSAMER Some Memelord Donator

Minecraft:
    Doopher
    We will work on it forever...

tence3000, Sofie and jessie like this.
  17. Rivenze

Rivenze Donator

Correct.

18. Zeuz

Zeuz Well-Known Member / Renderer Donator

Minecraft:
    [Premium] ZeusV
    Nice, I agree with this thread.

19. Hornsbys

Hornsbys Your Basic Internet Friend Donator

Minecraft:
    Hornsbys
    Could, and should be implemented :)

20. YFIOTR

YFIOTR Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    YFIOTR
    Apologies for the things that went down March 31/April 1. Both sides both could have made some better decisions. Some of these issues have been just resolved. Obviously, it's a learning experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.