Custom PC

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Soap, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Soap

Soap Donator

Minecraft:
    soapC
    Recently I've been struggling to find the correct/best option for my custom-built PC at a decent price. I would like a decent build under $1700 that has the ability to stream and record while maintaining decent and consistent FPS.

• I would like a CPU that is 6 or more cores that runs higher than 3.5 GHz. (AMD or Intel)
    • A GPU that can handle streaming and gaming simultaneously while maintaining a high framerate. (Preferably GTX 1060 or higher)
    • 16GB of DDR4 memory.
    • At least 1.25 TB of SSD and HDD combined.

I've made a list that seems to fit what I'd like.
    Let me know if I could change anything that would benefit the price or performance.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6YMMr6

2. ItsJerry

ItsJerry DEAD SERVER!!! LMAO!!! Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    The link you posted is more than enough, in fact I would say it's definitely overkill.

What do you plan to do that would possibly require a GTX 1080, 6-core CPU and 16GB RAM

Ryva likes this.
  3. Soap

Soap Donator

Minecraft:
    soapC
    Streaming with a bitrate that’s over 3500 kbps at 1080p.

4. dinoceros

dinoceros Donator

Ryva and Soap like this.
  5. Saul1337

Saul1337

System in your URL is more than enough, altough I'd swap your i5 for an i7.
    Personally when I swapped my i5 to and i7 I noticed a big difference in performance whilst streaming.
    Other than that, you'll be fine by a long shot for streaming in your desired quality and bitrate.

If you're really dedicated you could buy a main computer for the games which could go down by the price a lot, and have a dedicated streaming machine as these aren't all that expensive.

Soap likes this.
  6. Soap

Soap Donator

Minecraft:
    soapC
    I exchanged my i5 to the i7 8700k which I believe has similar specs. I'm not too familiar with 7th gen processors but I'll take your word on it.

7. Saul1337

Saul1337

Don't fully take my word, but it's just something that my computer bottle necked on a lot when I was recording or streaming.
    The i7 made a huge change for my rig, and i'm sure it'll only have positive effects on yours too.

Soap likes this.