Clash of Clans Rant.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic / Spam / Memes' started by KaiserVenom, Jul 31, 2016.

1. KaiserVenom

KaiserVenom Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    KronprinzVenom
    Welcome to a pointless Clash of Clans rant!
    Today I will be going over stuff that makes me hate the majority of mobile gaming, and more specifically Clash of Clans!

I am sure all of you have heard about this game once or twice, or maybe you actually play it for yourself.
    Whatever the reason is, I don't care, today's rant will be about mobile gaming and Clash of Clans.

Here is the list of topics which I will be going over:
    • Builders.
    • What makes Clash a cash grab.
    • Multiplayer.
    • Supercell.
    • Mobile Gaming in general.
    So without further ado, let's get right into the rantTM!

[​IMG]
    Clash of Clans, the beginning of my journey through the debts of Hell!
    First off, what's with the builders?
    image.jpeg
    I paid this man over one million thick golden coins to go hammer at a building for literally 2 days!
    That is probably more than enough money Donald Trump will make in his entire life!
    This guy is the scummiest man to ever set foot onto the face of the Earth!
    His minimum wage is literally over nine thousand dollars an hours, and all he does is hammer away at a building!
    And look at this!
    image.jpeg
    And here he is sleepin' on the job I pay him billions for! And with a smug look on his face knowing that we could have been the strongest village out there if he wasn't so damn cheap!
    If this man worked for me in real life, I would fire him on the spot for insubordination!

image.jpeg
    So what exactly do I not like Clash of Clans for?
    Well, simply being a cash grab in general.
    To go into a bit of context, in the game, you can buy gems for real world money, what these gems are used for is to speed up construction time, buy gold, buying elixir, (stuff which is used to make troops) and to speed up the building time for your troops.
    Problem is, however, at every step of your progression in the game, the game will ask you to buy gems, and this gets so much worse.
    During your mid-to-late game, it can take up to 3 days for one upgrade, it is just asking you to buy gems to speed up construction time!
    Look at this:
    image.jpeg
    Here's how much these cost to buy in the first place, which is very scummy considering you can just blow off these 'gems' in seconds.
    I'm not kidding, these 'gems' can be just blown off in seconds by some 8 year old with his moms credit card, and he will have no idea what he/she is doing!
    And when you are in your late to mid game, the cost for upgrading your buildings is monumentally insane, and the cost for using gems to speed of the process of these upgrades is even worse!
    It would cost your twenty dollars or more just to complete one damn upgrade when you are at a high level!
    That's insane!
    There is so much more that I could rant about on this topic, I might even make a separate thread in general just for this, but not today, we must move on!

=================================================

So, the multiplayer, what do I think is so bad about it?
    Well, mostly everything.

You see, the balancing is good, don't get me wrong, but there is something for me that just ruins the point of the multiplayer. When you troops successfully destroy a enemy village, whether they lived or died, they just disappear! When I train an army, I want to be able to use the troops that lived through the last battle again damnit! What that means is, when I train an army, when I deploy them in battle, they are just gone, no buts, ifs, ands, or neins, they are gone. That means when you are done battling you have to train another entire army just to compensate for what you used during your last battle for the same price, same time, and maybe you used gems to instantly train your troops!
    It gets worse.
    The game does an alright job at making sure what players you go up against, and it does an alright job at that for sure, but it does not stop higher ranked players from dropping down to a lower rank deliberately and farming off lower level players. If you have played the game, you will know higher level players get a loot penalty for attacking players who are lower then them, but say if they just use a cheap army, they still get profit for attacking you, leaving yourself unable to defend against their much higher level army!
    This is just the tip of the iceberg for me, I could go on for hours about this, but this part has to end right here right now or I will just be rambling just to try to make this thread longer for yourself to thread while sipping a cup of tea with a top hat like Abraham Lincoln while using gems to control the government.
    Yes, this subject has to end here.

Also, with the next topic which I will be talking about I can just end right now, Supercell made this game, therefore they are the Mr. Moneybags of this situation, and it is their fault all of this is happening, because they knew it would make them shite-tons of money off kids and stupid adults.

Same thing with the next subject too, most of the mobile gaming 'industry' just copy and pasted this kind of system by using microtransactions as means to make money, therefore they are just as bad. I will probably make another thread one of these days ranting about just mobile games in general, but this just sums it up.
    I don't think I have to explain it to you guys.

So I declare the mobile gaming industry is.. Guilty! Of all charges!
    image.jpeg

Miner, Joseph10003, dinoceros and 7 others like this.
  2. vipa

vipa the hornace of death Donator

Mobile gaming is harming the industry with micro transactions, and being basically pay to win.

3. BlakeSenpai

BlakeSenpai ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Minecraft:
    Dankyrie
    I think I know where supply drops come from now

4. Zeph

Zeph KC Donator

Minecraft:
    Azyyie
    I'm glad you got that off your chest.

kiraa and TreeKillerMan like this.
  5. namename321

namename321 Donator

Or you know, you could actually wait the time that it takes to build a building.. I'm almost a max town hall 9 and have not spent any money on the game in the past 3 years. Legit you don't even need to spend money on it. I've managed to rack up 1.3k gems in the past 3 months just by destroying trees, gem creates, etc. This game isn't a game that you could play 24/7 anyway, there isn't any harm in waiting for a little upgrade.

If you honestly have no patience what so ever, and keep buying gems. You should probably uninstall the game, it's costing you too much money.

6. KaiserVenom

KaiserVenom Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    KronprinzVenom
    I don't buy gems, but some people don't think like me or you.

TreeKillerMan and namename321 like this.
  7. CaptainJackValdy

CaptainJackValdy I got a plan to save the server, just have faith

Minecraft:
    CaptainJackValdy
    Lol I hate micro-transactions too. The entire fact that you CAN get a boost just by paying is the worst part in all of those mobile games. Pay to win is a shitty way for people that make the game to make money off of lazy and unchallenging people that have more dollars in their pockets than others. However, you can still get on the leaderboard without having to pay. It'll be a lot more difficult, sure. But it's not impossible. What I don't get though is why they just don't make the app not free? Like you pay once but you pay for the entire game (with the upcoming updates etc.) WITHOUT an ability to get boosts. It will get money to the devs and it won't be pay to win so the whiners like me won't bitch about it.

KaiserVenom likes this.
  8. BlakeSenpai

BlakeSenpai ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Minecraft:
    Dankyrie
    I really think it's slimey that people have the nerve to include micro-transactions.

KaiserVenom and CaptainJackValdy like this.
  9. Superfrog

Superfrog Donator

Microtransactions/DLC are both bad.

KaiserVenom likes this.
  10. vipa

vipa the hornace of death Donator

DLC is fine if it adds on to the game, but sadly, it's usually not the case, the DLC packs in Star Wars Battlefront 2, Halo 2, 3 and Reach are perfect examples of adding on to a game with additional content, but now, it's become a trend to just cut content and resell it as DLC, perfect examples are Destiny, and EA's Star Wars Battlefront, at least some devs still give it for free, like 343i.

CaptainJackValdy likes this.
  11. Superfrog

Superfrog Donator

To me DLC has to fit the bill, but I would rather have the complete game tbh.