Blade Runner 2049

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by vipa, Oct 19, 2017.

1. vipa

vipa the hornace of death Donator

So I watched this movie two days ago, and the experience really blew my mind. It is a 3 hour long epic, with very stunning visuals, and a very intriguing plot. Everything about this movie is perfect, even the amazing soundtrack. Going into this movie, I was concerned BR2049 would not live up to the original Blade Runner, and turn out to be another action packed movie set up to spawn another 10 movies of a new franchise, but I was wrong. This movie can be watched by itself without watching the original. It stays true to the first movie in pacing, style, and storytelling. It tells a very solid story, and finishes it.

However, just like the first Blade Runner, the movie's pacing is slower compared to most other movies. For me and other fans of the original, it is not an issue, but due to the saturation of the film market and all the mindless action movies being churned out, I am worried a lot of the audience may not fully appreciate the movie. It is a masterpiece, by none other than Dennis Villeneuve, a proven director who had directed other amazing movies like Sicario and Hell or High Water. This movie and Wind River are my personal favorites of movies released in 2017, and both are objectively the best made movies this year.

I recommend everyone here to watch the movie whenever possible. It is worth every minute watching. I plan to go back to the theaters and watch this movie again, because I really enjoyed watching it the first time. It is a unique movie, and will probably change the landscape of science fiction movies in the future, just like the original did.

Did you watch it? What did you think of it? What are your favorite movies of 2017 so far?

2. vipa

vipa the hornace of death Donator

The storyline isn't the main focus of the movie, just like the first Blade Runner. Both films focus on underlying themes commonly seen throughout the movie, such as, "What is it to be human?" Or "What do we define a soul as?"

Another thing I liked about this movie was that it still kept the ambiguity of the first one. We do see suggestions of who Deckard is, but we still do not fully know if he is a replicant or not. There were huge debated about this topic from the first movie, and I can still see it continuing after the second movie. This really shows how true Villeneuve kept to the style of the first film. They are artistic masterpieces.

Magical likes this.