Birthday

Discussion in 'Off-Topic / Spam / Memes' started by Trevor, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Trevor

Trevor Donator

My 14th birthday(which is golden) is in about 2 months. I was thinking on getting the Scuf gaming controller for Xbox one, but then I realized, “I have no proper gaming headphones”. I’ve been using standard apple earbuds forever now and I wanted to get an actual headset. I started to look and I saw the Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 for $80 which is far less than the $200 Scuf controller. But this controller came with all the fancy shit;replaceable thumb sticks, paddles, and more stuff. I can’t believe people recommended that shit for gamers though. It’s not like I’m rich. So I want your guys feedback. Which should I get for my money’s worth?

Amandq likes this.
  2. Strikyn

Strikyn Donator

Minecraft:
    Strikyn
    It comes down to one question: Do you care about audio or input more?

Iffy headset choice though. I personally cannot recommended Razer as their products cost much more than they are worth. Also their QC is inconsistent and customer service is terrible in my experience. Your mileage may vary though ofc

TreeKillerMan and Trevor like this.
  3. StreakyOrange

StreakyOrange Donator

I'd say get a headset.

Amandq, Username and Trevor like this.
  4. witchchick128

witchchick128 Amity Blight Donator

Minecraft:
    AzuraBookClub
    imo, all these fancy-ass controllers are useless. i've been using the OG xbox one controller and it works fine, idk why people go for these $200 controllers to get a cool look and some thumb pads. a few control changes have worked fine for me. it is good to get a new controller if you've been working with an old one for a few years but that's only if it's falling apart.

i'd say go for the headset; cheaper, you'll get better audio and, from how you reacted about the fancy shit, it seems like you'd enjoy it more anyway.

ps - where are you buying the headset from? are you buying it second-hand? i looked up the headset to make sure that it was half-decent, and i've seen that the average price is $120-$150, unless it's used, where i've seen the 50/60/70 prices. if you have 200 dollars for a fancy-looking controller, i'd say go for a new edition, it sounds like you can afford it

5. SLVSHPANDA

SLVSHPANDA Custom Title Donator

Minecraft:
    DiviXion
    I would recommend getting the headset but not a Razer headset. From my experience, Logitech and other brands provide better quality compared to Razer for the same price range.

Currently, I'm using the Logitech G433 7.1 for over a year now. It's an extremely good budget headphones in my opinion. The microphone is detachable and they come with 2 sets of ear padding. The one that is on it originally is less comfortable so you should swap it out for the other set they provide.

Although, there's plenty of other headphones out there that provide better quality and some are wireless, etc. Just do some research and find out which ones suits your needs, plus trust reliable sources so don't forget to visit more than a couple of websites only.

Trevor likes this.
  6. TreeKillerMan

TreeKillerMan shamone Donator

Minecraft:
    TreeKillerMan
    """gaming""" headphones are a scam. more so headsets which combine shitty microphones and shitty headphones. not to mention a lot of that gear has awful wiring, so when you run into a convenient fault, it'll be almost impossible to repair.

i would suggest avoiding garbage like razer, go for a set of sennheisers and buy an adaptor. both should fit into your budget fairly well. if you must get a headset buy astros, their customer service and quality is lovely.

not even gonna tell you how retarded this is

momand, Username and SLVSHPANDA like this.
  7. momand

momand ex-god Donator

don't even bother getting a gaming headset. in my experience gaming headsets break easily, have shit sound quality and shitty microphones (and these are for the "good" ones like hyper x, razer, etc)

i would personally just buy any good set of headphones and a blue snowball microphone

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    TreeKillerMan likes this.
  8. Amandq

Amandq lil’ moderator Donator

Minecraft:
    Amandq | Amanda
    On the contrary to what people say, buy the damn headphones. Probably the best investment towards anything gaming-related I’ve made, ever.

The headphones I got were the Razer Kraken 7.0 V2, and let me tell you. Those headphones are game changers (literally). I don’t know if you play Fortnite, but I do for my PS4 and... wow. I can hear shots fired practically before they’re fired and chests from a house away.

Screw the controller; get those headphones. It’s worth every single penny.

Oh, also, they change colour so that’s cool.

EDIT: I see people saying that the gaming headphones break easily. I’ve had my set for about a year and a half now and the only issue that I’ve seen was one of those cushions to protect your ears falling off (which is my fault because I threw it across the room after losing a game) and they literally click back into place if you put them on.

The mic quality is also quite nice. If you want to hear, just message me on discord and I can show you the difference between my apple earbuds mic and the mic on my kraken.

EDIT2: I’m also curious to know where you plan on buying that headset. Normally they cost $120 USD, and I bought mine for about $100 CAD from a sale (normally $150CAD), but if you’re getting them for $80 that’s quite a steal. Buy two of them instead of that controller ;-)

How bad is your current controller? I had to buy a new one for my PS4 because the charging port literally came out of my controller (once again, my fault from being a naïve and angry gamer who thought that when she was 11 jamming the charger into the controller would make it charge faster). I got a new controller and it works great, but feels the same as my old controller. I didn’t buy anything fancy, but I sort of expected a bit nicer considering I paid almost $100 plus shipping for it. There is that fancy new light at the top of the PS4 touchpad though that I find mesmerizing to look at.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    Trevor and StreakyOrange like this.
  9. Trevor

Trevor Donator

The headset is only $50 dollars, the Corsair HS50. I’m getting it on Wednesday. The HS50 is a lot cheaper and what I’ve heard from people, is worth your money.

Amandq and StreakyOrange like this.