{Animation Talk} Tracing

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by kedio, Mar 21, 2017.

1. kedio

kedio Donator

So, this is a problem in the Animation World. When somebody sees an animation they like, they usually just leave it be. However, some people decide to take pictures, and then, trace it claiming it's theirs, when it is clearly not.

For all of you animators out there, you know exactly what I am talking about. Those people who trace your art completely, re-color it, and claim it as their own. If you are popular in the animation community, people will recognize your art immediately, however this isn't always the case.

Sometimes, people accuse the true artist of copying the faker, and I have sympathy for you all. I plan to be an animator soon, I am going to a summer camp for that, and I don't want to deal with it. Here are a couple of ways you can deal with it!

THE PASSIVE
    Comment on their video.

"Hey there, man! I see that you have traced my art. It means you like it, but I do not like how you claimed it as your own! Please, give me credit at least! If not, I may have to report you for stealing, which is illegal. Thank you for reading!"

THE HOSTILE
    Report them and comment on their video.

"Look. I see my art that you traced there! I do not appreciate that at all! Take this video down immediately or else I will have it taken down! Thank you for understanding."

THE QUIET
    Report them.
    Hopefully this helped! Much love! <3

Sakujo, pianoargmaster and Phoenix like this.
  2. Phoenix

Phoenix Donator

It's horrible when people do that. I mean, using art as a reference is completely fine, I think everyone started like that. Even tracing a hand or whatever, idm. But just tracing the whole drawing or animation or something, and then claiming it as your own, yeah that's just bad... What's even worse is the stealer. They aren't even bothered to trace, nope, they just copy it and post it somewhere as their own.

kedio likes this.
  3. kedio

kedio Donator

Honestly, it's sort of sad, if you ask me. They probably can do perfect on their own, but they just use another person's art and claim it as their own.

pianoargmaster and Phoenix like this.
  4. Rivenze

Rivenze Donator

Yeah, some people do that. :/

pianoargmaster likes this.