American embassy in Jerusalem is now open.

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by vipa, May 14, 2018.

?

Do you agree with the embassy relocation to Jerusalem?

1. Yes

70.6%
  2. No

29.4%
  1. vipa

vipa the hornace of death Donator

Just now, the Trump administration, and Israeli officials were present at the grand opening of the US Embassy in Jerusalem, amidst violent protests in Gaza.

Thoughts?

PopeUrbanII likes this.
  2. PopeUrbanII

PopeUrbanII deus vult Donator

Minecraft:
    ComradeMessiah
    Progress.

The (ew) palestinians that were killed by Israeli troops today had it coming. Violent protests including hurling rocks at troops and rioting shouldn't be taken lightly.

Also, if you disagree with me, you're an anti-semite.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  3. Katerina

Katerina Former Mοd Donator

There will be a lot of shit once they host eurovision in 2019 :^)

4. TheMint

TheMint Former Mod+ Donator

Minecraft:
    TheMint
    Spotlight! Finally!!

5. PhantomStar

PhantomStar Zzzzz... Donator

Minecraft:
    StarlightFoxx
    I don't really know enough about the situation to form an opinion. Maybe if someone could fill me in kek

6. safoya299

safoya299 Donator

Minecraft:
    safoya299
    gotta love genocide supporters xd

7. TheMint

TheMint Former Mod+ Donator

Minecraft:
    TheMint
    I'll explain it as simply as I can while trying to be as unbiased as possible. I will not help you form an opinion, but rather just introduce you to the base of the problem and explain why it exists.

The Israeli-Palestinian conflict is a very very complicated problem. Whenever you read anything about it, be very skeptical and know what side the content you're reading supprts, and what their motives are. The comments here on the forum come from teens and kids who, no offense, usually have no idea what they're talking about and just enjoy repeating catch phrases that they heard from someone a bit more intelligent on their side.

Let's begin. A lot of Jews (who at the time lived in Europe, North Africa, and some Arab countries) after World War 2 joined a movement called the "Zionists" (Zion = Jerusalem). The Zionists wanted to reunite the Jews in Israel, which they called their Homeland because their ancestors (and this is a fact, not an opinion) lived there before.

Israel, during that time, was controlled by the Ottoman Empire and later on the British empire. The people living in Israel were mostly Palestinian Arabs, with a couple of more small ethnic groups.

Large waves of Jewish immigrants (called Olim) started arriving with ships and in other ways from Europe. Eventually, the number of Jews in Israel surpassed the number of Palestinians.

The British Empire decided to leave the area, while trying to assemble a solution - two countries for the Jews and Arabs - Israel and Palestine. The Jews accepted the offer and the Palestinians declined. The British Empire left. Wars immediately bursted between the Palestinians and the Jews, and the Jews pretty much won them all. Eventually, after claiming a lot of land over the land defined by the British plan, the Jews declared their newborn country Israel, with its capital city - Jerusalem.

The Palestinians today live in what is called the "Palestinian Territories" - which is the Gaza Strip (less relevant to this discussion) and the West Bank (more relevant to this discussion). They do not live in an officially recognized country, but they wish to be recognized as one. The Jews live in Israel, which is officially recognized as a country.

The conflict continued in many different ways (more wars, many attempts to establish peace, and more) but it still remains on to this day. Now, let's get to Jerusalem.

Jerusalem is a city that pretty much all religious people absolutely adore because it is "holy". The Israelis call it their capital and the Palestinians call it their capital. Since the conflict is so hot in the world, most countries prefer to avoid taking side too strongly because that's surely going to piss someone off in the world. That's why they locate their embassies in Tel Aviv (second biggest city in Israel) and not in Jerusalem.

Trump recently decided to move the US embassy of Israel to Jerusalem, creating massive protests coming from the Palestinian side.

It's up to you to decide if you think it was the right thing to do. You'll have to read more about why he did it in order to establish your own opinion, I'm just here to tell you the background story. I wouldn't recommend basing your knowledge on what people write here (they really have no idea lol) or even on what I wrote. If you're interested, there's plenty of stuff to read. Just remember to be skeptical, it's very important nowadays.

Soupbased, PhantomStar and vipa like this.
  8. tobiyo254

tobiyo254 Donator

Minecraft:
    tobiyo254
    Jerusalem is the capital of Israel deal with it Israel is the Jewish Homeland we have a biblical right to this land and Jerusalem Judaism existed way before Christianity and Islam and the Jews were there first before the Palestinians the Palestinians took Israel from us then we took it back then one day we will take back Judea and Samaria and expand Israel