Minecraft AGAIN?!?!?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by rosellavio, Nov 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rosellavio

rosellavio Donator

I accidentally locked my forum about the texture packs, sorry about that.

Summary: I am VERY overprotective about viruses and inappropriate ads, so I need reccomentdations (Links are reccomended) of pretty texture packs.

What happened: People reccomend to me Planetminecraft, but the only texture packs leads to a message from the owner of the website the texture pack is, I can't click cancel so I have to click CTRL + ALT + DELETE and force stop Chrome. (thats what I use lol) and if I do click OK, it leads me to an ad that is very, VERY gross and inappropriate.

Feel free to move this forum, I had no clue what to put it on.

So basically in this thread you can give me the link to the texture pack you use, and I may/will download it. Do not trick me into another weird ad or virus, or i'll be MAAAADDD

anyway thanks i guess

2. Syrian

Syrian Former Mod x2 Donator

Minecraft:
    Syrian_
    There's something wrong if you're getting an inappropriate ad. You're probably clicking on an ad that says "Download", misleading you to a third party website.

TheFlamingDragon likes this.
  3. Username

Username Donator

I recommend you get an AntiVirus installed on your computer so you can just scan something if you're unsure weather or not it's safe. If you're using Google Chrome, you can get a free extension called "AdblockPlus" which removes all popups and ads (including the innappropriate ones you mentioned), Also, planetminecraft doesn't send you to random websites, you may have just clicked on something else by accident. Most resource/texture packs don't have viruses and are safe.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/
    http://www.planetminecraft.com/
    http://www.minecrafttexturepacks.com/

Those are the three websites I use, they work just fine and I have used my AntiVirus to scan their resource packs, they do not contain viruses.

4. rosellavio

rosellavio Donator

It says "download texture pack (texture pack name)"

5. Syrian

Syrian Former Mod x2 Donator

Minecraft:
    Syrian_
    Planet Minecraft refers to those as Resource Packs, so you're most likely using an old page. I've never had the problems you're experiencing though.

6. rosellavio

rosellavio Donator

Could you send me a link and maybe screenshots to a cool resource pack?

EDIT FOR NO DOUBLE POSTING: Problem solved (kinda). I downloaded a resource pack and it came in 3 files.

assets, pack, and pack.mcmedia.

How do I combine them in one (or something else) so I can have the pack?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  7. Username

Username Donator

Those 3 folders should have come inside a rar file or folder. If not, just put them in a .rar or folder file and put it in your resource packs folder in .minecraft. If you don't have winrar, download it here...

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Edit: Use these links if you're still unsure on how to get a resource/texture pack.

If you're looking for some good texture packs, I'd recommend Faithful as it's the default Minecraft textures except with more detail.

https://minecraft-resourcepacks.com/faithful-32x32-resource-pack/ <-- Link

8. TheMint

TheMint Former Mod+ Donator

Minecraft:
    TheMint
    What you're experiencing is greedy people in the Minecraft community dragging you around countless advertising platforms such as adf.ly and adfocous for personal revenue. These websites usually disable access to people using AdBlockers and really don't care about what ads they're displaying. It's all very irritating.

There are a few things I can suggest you.
    1. If you don't have one, get an anti-virus software, it will make you much less vulnerable to viruses.
    2. Get Wot - it's a browser extension that will prevent you from visiting suspicious, inappropriate and unsafe websites.
    3. USE MIRROR LINKS - you will commonly see a little link saying "mirror" on it next to the big download button. That link usually takes you straight to the download you're looking for without having to mess with annoying websites on your way.
    These tips won't always work, sometimes your only option would be to go through the advertisements in order to get the file you're looking for without needing to search for it in other websites.
    That's what I have to suggest (:

9. Starixty

Starixty Donator

uhm i have a suggestion for a texture pack you can use!!
    this is the one i currently use

10. Cami

Cami Donator

Minecraft:
    camiwami
    I find faithful to be the best texture pack out there to be honest.
    It's probably my all time favorite.

11. rosellavio

rosellavio Donator

Thank you guys! I now have a good resource pack to use. (although I got soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many ad.fly ads that were super annoying and like "thanks for download" uhfiehguiahehgoaifh) so I'm locking this bye

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.