A message from Me

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by SLVSHPANDA, Jan 30, 2014.

1. SLVSHPANDA

SLVSHPANDA Custom Title Donator

Minecraft:
    DiviXion
    Remember, this is my message and my perspective on things. If you do not like it, don't be an idiot and hate on it more and more. Thank You in advance.

Hey guys. Sunken_Library here. Now I've been more active recently than the past and I've noticed a great increase on something. This something isn't a good thing either. So you may be wondering what it is right now. Well you know what it is? It's this:
    Disrespect
    So you may think to yourself, "How am I disrespectful here?". Let me tell you now, it's not everyone but it's some of these guys. I'm not naming anyone to shame them and etc but the thing is, the increase of threads about disrespect in one way or another is pretty high.​
    So recently, a person I see quite often left because of the disgrace he had seen very recently. Another posted a Thread about how his/her Thread was all hate and stuff and basically spam. There are more examples but I won't name them.​
    The mass amount of people that go on these Forums is not the biggest but not the smallest either. Now one thing I really want this server to go to is somewhere that isn't hate and negativity.​
    Disrespect has been increasing in big numbers as they don't think before they post. Well let me tell you now that a probable reason of why these Threads are starting to pop up is because it's the lack of thinking and effort of posting before you actually post the reply itself. Here are some solutions that can slowly fix this problem:​
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Solution 1 - Don't make useless posts please
    Easy. If someone posts a suggestion that you don't like, don't just say no or bad suggestion (This includes other topics and things you don't like). If you don't like it, explain why with detail so they aren't hurt as bad and you're not going to have a useless post there.​
    In fact, you can even help put in some suggestions to make it better so it helps you and the Original Poster itself!​
    Other than that, if you have nothing good to say and you're not going to explain why, don't even reply. You're just making one of the most useless posts out there. Literally.​
    Solution 2 - Cut down some slack
    Some people like to be harsh and I can completely understand that. Though the least you can do is cut some slack down because not all people are like you and not all people will agree with you. If you think that someone might get a bit hurt or insulted by your post, don't post it or edit it before you actually press that Reply button or whatever button there is.​
    Besides, you shouldn't even be harsh to people anyways. We should be a welcoming community and not one that judges too quickly.​
    Solution 3 - On-Topic Posts
    Many members love to go off-topic but if we stayed on-topic relevant to the original post, life would be much easier and it would be much more difficult to start a flame-war. One of the simplest things you can do is this in my opinion.​
    All you need to do is have the right mindset and basic knowledge.​
    Solution 4 - Admitting mistakes and apologise (Credit to LANSONK)
    A lot of people in this community can't accept the fact that they made a mistake and therefore, try start flame wars by arguing, etc. Not only that but apologising is very, very uncommon here.​
    Step up guys. You aren't 5 year old kids who don't admit anything and try become correct all the time. We all make mistakes. Take it in and if you're wrong, apologise. If anything that deserves an apology, go ahead and apologise to them.​
    Learn to admit your mistakes and apologise.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So that's basically my whole message in this Thread right now. I might add to it later or most likely, I might not.​
    Thanks for reading guys (If you read the whole thing <3)!​
    Sincerely: Sunken_Library​

2. Asuna

Asuna

Honestly, this should be common sense for everyone.

3. SLVSHPANDA

Minecraft:
    DiviXion

Unfortunately, common sense isn't so common anymore.

smeghead333 and Spikegold like this.
  4. LANSONK

LANSONK Harem King

Strongly agree. But there are far too many problems on this server and this forum. Another way to fix this disrespect problem is for people to start admitting their mistakes and learn to apologise. Starting with some people from the staff team. When I point out their mistakes they rather ignore me or kept talking back, make new topics and make random stuff up. This community needs a big fix. I won't really care right now because the the only good thing I find good in this community is always just the mini games. And I'll focus on only that.

5. Click

Click

Staff members do tend to ignore often, dont they? Im not going to go pointing fingers at anyone though

LANSONK and smeghead333 like this.
  6. UnmannedCrafter

UnmannedCrafter

I do believe that staff members cannot be on 24/7 just checking through all the threads on the forums. They have a life too, so cut them some slack, they do reply occasionally.

1. I kind of agree with this. Useless posts like repeated threads asking the same thing over and over again, for example, I quote "multiple donator islands" feature that has been denied in the suggestions sub-forum has been reposted multiple times. Using this as an example, firstly, there is no API for the IslandWorld plugin, secondly, there is a potential chance for farming minerals. These reasons are already explained a long time ago in other threads, if only people bother to go and read it. The above is just an example, there are many cases of repeated posts too. Short one-liner replies like "Good Luck!" does not help in whatsoever way, in fact, it can be seen as post farming (Sneaky sneaky guys here). If you want to create a random thread, go and create it in the off-topic section.

2. I can understand about the portion of being welcoming towards any new members and also the general community. However, there are just some "infamous" forums members such as "*****" (shall not say it) and I believe, many other members like the person. Some examples making them "infamous" are starting flamewars, going off-topic, insulting other members, using NSFW(not safe for work language), abusing the report button, give the moderators a hard time, creating multiple accounts so as to rank up in the forums, all of these despite being given numerous warning points and warnings. That is why some people appear unfriendly to others, their reputation has tainted the community's trust and thoughts about them. Although I do agree with one point, being kinder and not harsher will benefit the community and it won't hurt.

3. I have nothing to say about this as I *ahem* rarely go off-topic (but still do). However, I can understand people wanting a thread to stay on topic.

Some additions, please don't hate, my opinions :)

7. PyromancerMagic

PyromancerMagic Donator

Holy...who the...where the....WHATS GOING ON HERE?! (Ah, Lion King...)

Anyways, this is...its...words...words cannot possible express how I feel about this. However, I shall try anyways.

This is 300% true.

We throw others out of the community, the forums, and the server, because they are different, they don't share the same beliefs as us, and because we don't like them. So many people wonder why I referred to the Jewish Holocaust in my leaving thread. It was dramatic, sure, but the same thing is happening here.

We, are too self-righteous, too god damned ignorant to even realize what we are doing. This is what happened to the J&H community?

"Remember back to long ago..." We used to be a tight knit community. Everyone knew each other. Everyone was friends back then. "Sure they've had a couple of fights", but it was a brush off sort of thing.

Now, look at us now. Look at what we've become. We are no longer 'tight knit'. We have been torn apart, and gone our own ways. We fight all the time now, and we all mine as well hate each other. What happened to us?

We all follow someone's lead. Question is, who is it we are following? What have they done, and was it right? Can they see their own mistakes, like me or perc, or are they too ignorant to do so? Do they care about others, or even you?

Who are we anymore?
    What has happened to us?
    What are we going to do, and will we keep that promise?

"When no one has the answer, a question will be asked. A question, hidden in plain sight!" Whats that question, you ask?

What can we do, and will, or can we do it?

Think i've left for good yet? Think again. I still have a few shots left. And they will not be wasted.

EDIT: I want you, all of you to pay close attention on the likes on the main post of this thread. Notice, that the people who do this, didn't like the post? Notice how the same people never like anything like this, because they know that they do this, yet say things like this:

Now, i'm not saying everyone who doesn't like the main post are these people, but look at the Well-Known Members (I mean the people who are well known, not the rank this time :P), and the people you see doing this a lot. I can name 20 fucking names straight off the top of my head.

These players are responsible for the fall

LANSONK and UnmannedCrafter like this.
  8. UnmannedCrafter

UnmannedCrafter

Well said,
    We were once a community that was accepting and also welcoming to the new members of the community, we were all friends, that was the time the server flourished, where you would see thousands of players on each day. Nowadays, as PyromancerMagic said, the server isn't as united and bonded as before, the server is handling only hundreds of players on a weekend!

9. SLVSHPANDA

Minecraft:
    DiviXion

Added your thing in <3

10. Defectus

Defectus I love my wife Donator

Minecraft:
    Defectus
    Seriocly, there's no way im gonna read all that.

11. RockoR

RockoR new bagel

Minecraft:
    RockoR
    Then why are you talking, if you don't know what to say...

12. Defectus

Minecraft:
    Defectus
    Wait a sec! I don't remember I ever saw this thread before, and never write that message! I think that someone is using my user! That's not good... I will have to change my password!

13. UnmannedCrafter

UnmannedCrafter

I am not sure if the above if really what is happening or just nghhi crul being speechless at rockor1757's reply.

14. Defectus

Minecraft:
    Defectus
    Really, someone is hacking my member!

15. AWildGiraffe

AWildGiraffe ✰DreadyDread✰---✰Lucina main in SSB4✰

Minecraft:
    DreadyDread
    Why are you explaining to us that your account is being hacked...
    You should be trying to PREVENT the hacks...not telling us that you're being hacked.

smeghead333 likes this.
  16. SLVSHPANDA

Minecraft:
    DiviXion
    Stay on topic please.

UnmannedCrafter likes this.
  17. Jmoz123

Jmoz123

I'm too lazy to read all of that writing.

18. Diffracting

Diffracting Former M.o.d+ Donator

Well... Why did you commented that then?

19. UnmannedCrafter

UnmannedCrafter

Actually try to be bothered, if not, it is useless to comment on every single thread with no purpose.

20. AbzillaPower_

AbzillaPower_

Well No One Reads The Rules :-( Wich Is A Shame Its JerryAndHarry Should Make A Plugin Or Something Or ITs J&H Should Put The No Swear Plugin.