A bit of rambling about YouTube.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic / Spam / Memes' started by KaiserVenom, Jul 24, 2016.

?

What is your opinion, briefly?

1. Totally agree.

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. Agree, mostly.

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Neutral/Not entirely.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Disagree.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Totally disagree.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. KaiserVenom

KaiserVenom Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    KronprinzVenom
    As a usual semi-introduction to my threads, this is my opinion on what I think about YouTube.
    This is not likely to offend anyone, but I am putting this here just in case I am wrong about something, just don't come out of your way to correct me.
    This is also in
    Off-Topic/Spam because this topic is not relevant to what we do here on J/H.
    With that said, let's continue on with the thread.

Welcome back to another one of my threads! Sorry if I posted this in the wrong category, but no worries, nothing wrong with a honest mistake.
    So today, I am going to try to explain the current state of YouTube to all of you, and give my opinion on it as best as I can.
    I can already hear the question:
    Well, I'm trying to have fun here and trying to communicate with all of you, and to hear your opinions, and to be quite honest, no thread on this site has really solved any problem outside of our own household, which is our forum.

So without further ado, lest there is no time to spare, lets get into this:

image.jpeg
    So, YouTube, what is it? What does it stand for?
    Oh, come on, you already know what!
    A constant circle jerk of opinions, rants, content creators, interactions with human society, let's plays, and so much more. So what am I here to discuss?
    Well, the current state the site is in right now.

Currently, the site is in some hot water as of right now, and hereby includes:

1. Screwing over of the content creators.
    2. Drama.
    3. Illegal and scummy content. (Mainly Reaction Videos)
    4. Controversial Prank Channels/Videos.
    5. Flawed Copyright System.
    6. ...
    and the list continues on..

To be as simplistic as possible, the current state of the site is being questioned whether or not people like it or not. The site itself is a good thing, but when you mix a wide range of people with different opinions, different culture, ethnicity, even race, it can become quite dramatic at times.

In my opinion, I see this being the perfect platform of entertainment for all of us, whether or not you like a persons content . But people have disagreements all the time, and when you take in the fact that some of these people have thousands, or even millions of people, this can be a problem.
    People will always have disagreements, and that is what makes us human, being different from one another.
    Ranging from your home, workplace, even in public.
    Drama is unavoidable, it will always happen at some point.

This is no different.

The current state of this site (YouTube) is quite dramatic, and that will never change, and all this drama going on right now if you follow all of it, will never stop, never.
    It has been this way for years, since the sites very first day on launch, but the reason there is more drama now, is because of these reasons:
    1. People have become more radicalized.
    2. People have lost their ability to process a disagreement between two grown men isn't as much of a big deal as some people make it out to be.
    3. Mob-mentality and idolization of their YouTubers.
    4. Social Justice.
    5. The continuous growing of the sites popularity.
    6. Real world events.
    Keep in mind that is what I think the reasons are, and there is likely more.

image.jpeg
    Also not to mention, YouTubes content ID system, and the system it works on itself is utter garbage and is failing to do its job, and is embarrassing for the site especially since it is one of the most successful sites in history.
    The consequences for this flawed system mean that at anytime your favorite YouTuber could be taken down tomorrow because some small YouTuber, or just a bunch of angry people in general, false flag a video for copyright and give the YouTuber a copyright strike, which if done three times, can terminate the channel.

Of course, this is definately not in every case, because obviously fans of their specific YouTuber have a loud voice and reach out to YouTube, and most of the time the strikes are repealed and causes it to be removed.
    My point is, that the system is flawed, and everyone can agree with that, and this should be fixed, even if in the long run for YouTubers the copyright strikes are repealed, because it causes stress, temporary termination, and even court cases for some because of legal reasons depending on what exactly went down.
    Some of what I said above is opinionated, so if you agree with me or not, what you can take from that is that the system is definately flawed, and something needs to be done.

This is barely scratching the surface of what the current state the site is in, and whether or not you agreed with me entirely, I hope we can all had some common ground on this thread and what I think is going on.
    Best regards to all of you,
    Venom.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  2. Chunk

Chunk Herobrine | Survival and Skyblock 3 Donator

Minecraft:
    Chunk_
    I think it's also due to Youtube's automated copyright striking system, a few years ago this system always had a human interaction somewhere, now it's just an algorithm checking whether a strike is correct or not. Due to this method of taking down videos it has become harder and harder to contact youtube if a video or even a channel as unrightfully been taken down.

Braixen, Smg and KaiserVenom like this.
  3. KaiserVenom

KaiserVenom Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    KronprinzVenom
    I forgot to add that dang it.
    Just consider your post apart of the main post :P
    But seriously, I agree with you, and human interaction is key to a working system, and they really should have given people jobs that are just for that, especially considering their company can definately afford it.

4. Dirtbikes95

Dirtbikes95 Got banned, add Skype at OuterRim95 for insight.

Lets just make YouTube White, YouTube Black, YouTube Red, and um, YouTube Blue, yeah, for the smurfs.

/s

5. dinoceros

dinoceros Donator

6. Braixen

Braixen The Gay <*w*> Donator

Minecraft:
    JadeTheManedWolf
    The tl;dr is: Cyka Blyat

dinoceros and KaiserVenom like this.