1,000 likes|Sharing my server experience

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Darkstorm77, Aug 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Darkstorm77

Darkstorm77 Former M.od+ Donator

Minecraft:
    Darkstorm77
    Wow, I'm surprised I actually made it this far on the forums. I've been on the forums for almost two years now, and on the server longer, and I feel that I have really grown into this community. I've seen a lot of things happen over these years, and I'm just proud to be apart of a community that actually isn't made of robots, like the bigger servers.

I love this server, and this is about the only one I play on. I've gone through a lot in my time on this server. I got Premium, got Legend, got tempbanned after a grief (but appealed,) and have spoken with a ton of the community. I've made friends, and had a great time here. I'm going to be talking about my time here and if you don't care, then simply don't read it.

Minigames
    I was attracted to this server through Build-It, a game that is no longer popular. I mostly hung out on creative for probably my first year, but then I got addicted to OITC. I don't play it as much anymore, but I lost some interest in creative. Then I got into UHC, mostly trying to play with @TheRealSmg or any other friends I could scavenge. My closest game was when I had a fight with someone that was equally as good as me with PvP, GlowInTheDark, and barely won, with about 7 hearts left. Then I managed to kill Diffracting by sneaking up on them. But then Kirito came in, and actually almost killed me. I had had half a heart left when I hit him into a swamp. He couldn't place blocks down since there was a border glitch, and I killed him with a bow I picked up from Glow. Electric_Demon was the last person alive, but died in the Nether. I had some good times in UHC before it was removed. Skyblock I played on for a short time, and that was when I met Caity (I had just gotten Premium at the time) but I'll get into that later. More recently, I started getting back into creative as my interest with building grew. And when the Parkour server reset, I became addicted to that. OITC I barely play anymore, but I usually do well when I do- I think I'm in the top 15. I hold multiple 1st place records to date, and good luck beating them since I only know of one person who can so far. That's all with minigames. I do play a bit of Minefighter sometimes, and maybe even Agar, but I don't play other minigames like factions or survival.

Forums
    I was very dumb about the Forums when I first joined, but I've learned to evolve into the personality I am now. Not sure if that is a positive thing, but whatever. I've met people on the forums, and if I tried to name some people off, I could never. I'm also the person responsible for the Map Submission section being added. But for some reason, I have always been 300 likes above my messages. Strange. But I now have 700 messages, and 1000 likes. I never really thought I could make it this far. But man, I did. Not much to say, but you can find me on the forums occasionally.

Friends
    Wow, I have met a ton of people, but there are only so many I can call my friends. Now I really need to say there are two main people that I would call my biggest friends. Since one of them isn't on the forums, I will talk about him first.

CAAJBE: He has been amazing. He was one of my first friends on the server, and we hung out in creative and built. He was pretty good at parkour, and definitely is now, but I can now match him in a race. He also led me to a group of creative friends that were for a small time known as "The Pack" but was disbanded recently. If you were wondering how many people, there was probably about 15 in it. I created the name CAABAGE for him, and now that's what we all usually call him- other than vegetable. He was also famous for a short time since he made a map that was played by the youtubers Logdotzip and TBNRfrags. He's definitely a great friend.

TheRealSmg: Wow. There has been so much we've been through, but so much more we could have. You've had friends longer than me by a lot, but you have surprised me with the amount of perseverance and positivity you show. We had some great times at Club Alter, which took months for you to built. It stands here today, inactive. We seriously should hang out there more often. I've seen you go through a ton, and you have really stood through it all. Once you got past a lot of your troubles earlier, you really made yourself known as amazing. You were the most popular person on creative for a long time, and you had the best stats in UHC. The fact that you didn't break from having to wait for your staff app to be even looked at for so long shows how you really are. You will always be a great friend to me, and there's not much more I can say. I've also met a bit more people from you, but not too much.

Those two are definitely good friends. Here is a shoutout to some other very good friends: XxNinjaNoobxX, SnowLeopardPaws, KidTryHard, ItzJWD, Caity, All of my friends from the Pack, AnimeIsFab, and maybe some others I may have forgotten. All you people have been amazing.

Drama
    There was always drama with the Pack, considering a bunch of blah blah stuff, but that was pretty recent. Other stuff has happened in between. IRL I've had multiple pets die and multiple leave me, but those are a bit personal so I won't get too far into them. But in Minecraft, I almost left the server at one point. 1.9, and it really wasn't because of the revamp in PvP. It made me realize how different Minecraft was from before. One of the best servers of all time I played on. It's the second server I ever played on and if you told me it's not I would brutally strip you limb from limb. It's the most classic team fighting PvP server ever made. Two teams would spawn on two identical islands on with about the same gear (Except for iron blocks you could mine for iron instead of leather/chain) and a giant gap between them. It was about quick bridge building, and then having control of the bridges. There was either flags to capture or Monuments of obsidian to destroy. I never saw a soul hack, other than the occasional ban for flying in chat. But now so many people hack, its sickening. It's just so different from before, and 1.9 really ruined the concept for me with that server. I almost left the server, considering there wasn't much left for me. But I didn't, I stayed, and I guess I've been successful. At least, I think I have been.

Lastly
    I've also become addicted to Imagine Dragons over the time I've been here. On creative I would spend hours just building listening to the same songs over and over again. I'm using the same playlist I'm listening to right now that I have for two years. I really have had a great time here, and I really want to keep having fun. I hope to meet a ton of members and become well known. It's also 3 days from my birthday, so I want you to buy me gifts through the internet at: Just kidding. But I'll end the thread here, since I've been through a long discussion. A 'TBH' would be useless since I did one around 700 likes and it's weird to TBH somebody again or somebody you don't really know and are just basing off their last post. I hope everyone stays well, and I hope that the staff can end a lot of the drama with players over staff that we've been having a bit of recently. I want y'all to stay proud of how far you've come, and how much more you could go.
    Peace.

bluetrashbag, Rob, MC_Scout and 5 others like this.
  2. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    Ayye dark, nice post.
    Seriously, you're one of my closest friends I've ever had, even if we only communicate through the internet. We've had so much fun together, and I'm hoping we can make some more memories. Thanks for being my friend dude.
    Cheers to another thousand likes. :)

sss and Darkstorm77 like this.
  3. blok

blok Donator

Congrats on your 1000 likes! I remember I only played 1 game of UHC with @ironsword315 and @Denisvenom9. We won because we hit electric and glow off the side of a mountain and mlged after them and killed them. It was fun :)

Darkstorm77 likes this.
  4. xpaef

xpaef |God|Well-Known Member| Donator

Minecraft:
    xpaef
    grats

Darkstorm77 likes this.
  5. bluetrashbag

bluetrashbag hi Donator

Minecraft:
    Cyantifically
    Congrats on 1k!