Other Games Why Trials of Osiris is the death of Destiny 2 (Unless they fix it, a lot)

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Apex_SkyShadow, Apr 10, 2020.

?

Do you play Destiny 2? If so, have you seen any hackers?

1. No, I don't play the game but this does sound like a problem.

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. I don't really care about Destiny...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I've seen most of what you've said here.

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. I play the game, but haven't played Trials yet.

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. I got my flawless taken away from me because of this crap

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Apex_SkyShadow

Apex_SkyShadow My Doggo & Pupper = Best Doggo & Pupper Combo Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    EwwwApex - Apex_SkyShadow - MC_Scoot - DeskSlam
    In D2 there is a pvp gamemode called Trials of Osiris, where a 500lb guy attempting exercising is put to shame by how sweaty people are playing this. There are 6 main problems with this and I'm going to list them out like what most other people are doing on forums in the first place, you're bored as well.

1. This is probably the worst of these as Bungie has actively tried... what seems like abso-fucking-lutely nothing to deal with it. While playing a card, you have to get to 7 wins without losing in order to go flawless. In my one (extremely lucky run) where I actually did go flawless, we ran into hackers in 3 of those games. Thankfully none of them had the god mode ones where they have infinite and instantaneous revives, but only had minor aimbots. The fact that this can even happen is disappointing.

2. As I said earlier, going flawless is extremely difficult because of sweats and hackers alike. But what makes it only them playing the mode is the loot from going flawless, and just the 3 win and 5 win reward system in general. You get a piece of gear each week for getting to 3 wins, 5 wins, and a small handful of items for going flawless, where it's not even exclusive gear by going flawless, it's the same gear just pinnacle (drops over 1000 power). Other than getting the pinnacle gear, there is literally no reason for going flawless as I could just wait each week and go for the 3 and 5 win rewards (which keep in mind I don't have to have a perfect card to get. I could be at 2 losses out of 3 and still get the 3 win reward).

3. That takes us right into the next point, the token system. You would think that Bungie would have thought all of this out after stalling Trial's return for 2~ years, but no, they didn't. After receiving a piece of gear from Trials, it is now a part of your loot table. Meaning you can get it by turning in tokens to Saint-14 at the tower (20 of them) and receive any piece of gear you've unlocked with a new / different role. There are 5 cards that you can enter Trials with. One of them gives you more tokens for each win, or loss that you have. What is happening is, people are farming wins 1-3 then resetting their card, because there is no point in going flawless when you can farm tokens and get a godroll Astral Horizon, Eye of Sol, or other weapon / armor from this. And this causes about 75% of the sweats to remain in the first 3 games, where most newer people, the ones who think they have a chance to go flawless, are getting beamed by people farming for a godroll weapon.

4. Making Trials part of Destiny 2's free to play section. This part ties back to #1 and is the sole reason of why 90% of the hackers are even able to get into the games in the first place. It's honestly hilarious to see that a decent aimbot for this game can cost about $15 and both expansions of this game that you have to buy are $30 each. You can pay 1/4 of the total game's cost and then make people pay for you, with a hack, to carry them flawless for I've seen upwards of $30 per person. Not only that, but the anti-cheat Bungie "has in place" does absolutely nothing.

5. I've seen people IN THE GAME I'M TRYING TO WIN, literally blink-teleporting to people, have invincibility, firing a SNIPER RIFLE at 1000 rpm, have infinite revives, generate heavy ammo, use headtracking auto-firing aimbots, and much more. And with all of this happening, I don't think I've seen a single person get banned. The amount that Bungie lets by is disgusting to think about. The top person in the world according to trials report (website that updates with real time to show stats of players in trials and crucible) has over a 3000 k/d with 99.8% HEADSHOT accuracy with a sniper. If that doesn't sound like an aimbot, then I don't know what one is.

6. Error codes. There is nothing worse (except maybe a hacker) than being kicked out of a game and having absolutely no way of getting back into it, leaving your team to fight for themselves in a 2v3 situation. Welcome to Destiny's error code system, where innocent players get kicked out of Trials, Crucible... basically doing anything in the fucking game can get you kicked out at this point. I've been sitting in orbit (farthest thing from playing the game) and gotten error coded.. 4 times in a row.

Everything shitty that can happen in a simpler list - Sweats, 1-3 Wins being the Sweatiest, Hackers, Token Farmers, Error Code Beaver (And a few others), the Sweatiest of Sweats (I've been placed against people in the top 500 before; its not fun), Bungie's anti-cheat doing nothing, people with the best possible rolled hand cannons, snipers, and shotguns, and finally, Hardlight, an exotic that before recently was used by a total of 0 people. Now, for some reason, it is one of 2 best assault rifles in the entire game. And guess what? On top of the free to play aspect and the hackers getting into the game VERY easily, Xur (a merchant who comes from Friday to Monday) sold the damn thing available to every player in the game.

That's all the ranting I'm gonna do for now. Hopefully when I attempt to play Trials later today I won't get screwed over by everything on this list at once. I can guarantee that all of these things will happen in my game over the course of a 2 hour period, but hopefully I don't get bombarded by it all in one game.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
    Username and Embracive like this.
  2. vipa

vipa the hornace of death Donator

there's your problem

3. Embracive

Embracive Former Мod+ Donator

Minecraft:
    Embracive
    From someone who's choked flawlesses to beaver error codes, this crap is so stupid. The error codes are one thing, constantly getting beavered and caneried, but it's another thing to run into some 962 flying around the map with infinite 1k voices. It's seriously so sad that bungie have been so slow to prevent this, as it has been going on for MONTHS. You'd think they would've updated the AC and fixed the error codes, but instead they'd rather release bounty simulator under a different tag, 'Guardian Games'. Don't even get me started on 'The Lie' quest which was just released. 'Oh you want the legendary status shotgun flewinters that you had with shot package on D1? Well how about you go do 9 million seraph tower events! Good luck!'

This crap has to stop. Bungie need to crack down on this. People are leaving trials as there's 0 incentive to play, the error codes are out of hand and any kid with £20 can get their hands on infinite revives, aimbot and infinite power ammo. I have no reason to play trials since I have the flawless title, and I don't think I'm playing next weekend. Javelin-4 has thrown so much garbage my way.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    Username and Apex_SkyShadow like this.