RiceGum and the Man in the Book [Chapter 1: The Content Cop]

Discussion in 'Creation Showcase' started by Defectus, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Defectus

Defectus I love my wife Donator

Minecraft:
    Defectus
    Halloween is coming up, so I thought I'd share this nice little story I wrote up about 2 weeks ago with you.
    Next chapters:
    Chapter 2: The Pistol
    Chapter 3: The Book

Chapter 1
    The Content Cop

"I'm posting every day 100%!" RiceGum exclaimed. He paused, waiting for the uncanny cameraman to turn off the recording, but the cameraman had disintegrated into a cluster of bats an hour into recording. Rice uncomfortably turned off the camera himself, cursing under his breath. He knew he would have to cut this outro manually. His editor had already turned to a cluster of bats, too. He was alone in his mansion. Rice threw the camera onto the ground, screaming in agony. He had realized his career was truly over. He was only digging his grave deeper by making a response video.

The mansion was eerie and silent. Rice turned on a few 50-inch televisions, but the sound had made him more lonely than ever.
    He walked sadly towards a window and contemplated his options.
    Not many, he thought. He could, perhaps, make a diss track.
    No, he couldn't. That'd be a terrible idea.
    Well, how about a clickbait quitting video?
    He could do that, that might work, actually.
    Or maybe, he could...

Rice heard the door of his mansion slam shut. He didn't remember leaving it open and didn't recall anyone coming in. It must be one of his fake models going home to count their money.
    But Rice had a feeling it wasn't. He kept staring through the window, looking for someone there. He began fidgeting nervously.
    Then he spotted him. A small man, with long, blonde hair, concealed under a black hood.
    The man turned to the window and stared at the YouTuber. Rice jumped backwards as he recognized the man's face - tiny eyes and a familiar smile.
    That's when Rice realized, he had another option. He didn't want to do it, but knew he had to.
    The man scrambled away and was soon gone.

Rice took off for the library and cleared a bookshelf, throwing the books it held on his $6,000,000 sofa. Behind the books was a keypad. He entered the code 719463 into it, and the sofa split in two, revealing a dusty trapdoor. Rice felt a shiver go down his spine as he remembered the last time he had visited the dungeon. But he was determined. "All I need to do is to ignore that Book and watch that TV," he muttered, but nevertheless, he was afraid.

Rice opened the trapdoor, and could already hear the screams coming from the dungeon. He was revolted. He had gotten used to cries of despair after years of flexing on homeless people, but these screams... They were coherent. They sounded like they knew Rice was near, and tried to communicate with him.
    Were these the same voices he had heard 6 years ago?
    Trembling, the Asian boy climbed down the ladder. The screams were getting louder and more coherent. He could almost make out what they were saying, but their sounds overlapped each other before he could understand anything.
    The ladder ended on a dirty floor, leading to a passage with a gloomy door at the end. Rice was scared shitless now; he had gotten a nightmare about this door the night before iDubbbz uploaded the Content Cop. He couldn't remember at the time where the door was from, but the memory came back to him now. He walked slowly towards the door and put his yellow hand on the knob.

The door was locked.
    Every nerve in Rice's body was firing off, telling him to go back. He wanted so badly to leave right here and be done with everything, but he knew, that TV was his only hope. He jerked the doorknob again, but it didn't yield. He began punching the door violently. His brain was burning with fear. He didn't want to do this, but he had to. He kicked the door, with all his power. His body was burning now. He wanted to go back. He wanted to fix this manually, but he knew, he had to watch that TV.
    He slammed his head into the door with all his might, and it broke. "Shit," he muttered, as dust and chunks of wood went flying into his $8,000 haircut.
    He climbed through the giant hole his huge head made. He kept his face down, knowing what was right in front of him.
    The Book.

The voices were extremely loud now, and Rice started to make out what they were saying, before he decided he was better off not knowing. He walked slowly, making sure not to look at the pedestal in the middle of the room. He spotted the TV remote on the floor and, with a sigh of relief, took out his pen and paper and turned on the TV.
    This TV was broadcasting into the future. 6 years ago, he had used it in order to predict memes and trends so he could destroy them right as they went public. He sat down on the cold, dusty floor and began writing down the news.
    It took him about 8 lines of ink to realize that something was off. The broadcast was discussing the Ariana Grande tragedy. This event happened almost 5 months ago. Was the TV malfunctioning?
    He reached for the remote and switched a channel, but all the channels were exactly the same, talking about the same event. After switching 9 channels, the TV turned off.
    Silence. If you could call it that.
    The voices were so loud now. He wouldn't hear the TV if it was turned on. He wanted so badly to ignore them, but they were piercing his ears. Suddenly, he located the origin of the voices. It was the Book.

Rice was terrified.
    He prayed for every god he could remember off the top of his head to save him, but he knew it was meaningless. No god can help him here.
    He took a glance at the door, but he already knew that it disappeared. Didn't close on its own or break into pieces, or even leave behind a mark. Behind that door was nothing.
    And the walls disappeared too. Behind them was nothingness, for infinity. The area behind the walls appeared black to him, but he knew that's because it's the default color he sees in his eye. Only the floor remained, and in the center of it, the Book.
    The remote was gone, along with the TV, and Rice knew that if he didn't consult the Book now, he would disappear too.
    With all his might, and against all reason, he turned around and stared at the Book.
    It was just like how he remembered it. Except, more terrifying.
    The Book of the Dead.

Rice stared at the Book's pages, filled with names of people in ink. The names of the dead. Shaking with fear, he reached for the milk carton of goat's blood on the table and began gulping it. He spit the blood out immediately on the floor, more than he drank himself. The pool of blood began boiling, darkening quickly and threateningly. An arm reached out of the pool, and Rice was suddenly not scared of death; He was craving for it.
    The creature's face was forming from the pool. It grinned at Rice menacingly, as it always did, then stood up, towering above him.
    The Man in the Book's appearance sent several shivers down Rice's spine. Its eyes were two red dots and its mouth was always grinning. Its skin was blood red and boiling, and its voice had forced Rice to swallow his screams.

"RICE. IT'S BEEN SO LONG."

Rice wanted nothing but his name on the Book as the creature spoke to him. Its mouth had never moved at all.
    "I... I'm sorry, sir... I had to consult you again," he stuttered under his breath.

"6 YEARS. I HAVE WAITED 6 YEARS FOR YOU TO RETURN."

The Man in the Book was still smiling, but Rice knew he was wrathful.
    "Sir, I... I've used up all your diss track lyrics. I need more." he mumbled.
    Of course, he didn't need any more diss tracks. He knew that at this point, a diss track against iDubbbz would most likely completely destroy his career. But if he didn't make up something now, he would be tortured for eternity.

"I SUPPLIED YOU A LIFETIME OF LYRICS. HOW COULD YOU WASTE THEM?"

It was true, though. He had used up the Man in the Book's lyrics faster than he was supposed to. People were quick to realize that Rice was using a ghost writer, but no one could know, as the Man in the Book had wrote him all the lyrics he needed before.
    "People are roasting me l-left and right. iDubbbz dropped a C-Content Cop on m-me. I... I need f-fresh material..."
    The Man in the Book's face stopped smiling for a moment, then returned to its everlasting grin.

"PERHAPS, IF YOU FINISH YOUR PART OF THE PACT, I CAN HELP YOU."

Rice wanted to scream, but his voice hadn't dared him. He had 6 years to complete the pact. He had completely forgotten about it.
    "O-O-Okay. I'll... I'll be r-right back. I-I'll ready the m-mansion."
    He ran off to the ladder, and climbed up it as quickly as he could. The voices were gone now. He had forgotten what they were saying.

When he got back to the library, he began shutting all the windows in the mansion. Rice knew he wasn't going to see sunlight again for the next few weeks. He rushed towards his bedroom, and was slightly surprised to see the rape victim he filmed earlier waiting on his bed, completely naked. She looked at him gracefully, but he knew he had no time to waste. "Listen, you have to get out of this house, now!" he shouted, terrified.
    "What? Why?" she responded, confused.
    "There's no time to explain. I'll call you again when the house is fine."
    She reached for his pants, but he took her hand and shouted at her, "GO! NOW!"
    She realized he was being serious and immediately took off, forgetting her clothes.

Rice locked all the doors and double checked the windows. Then, when he was completely sure he was isolated from the world, he went back to the library and almost fainted. The Man in the Book was waiting for him, grinning. Rice knew that he wouldn't talk to anyone for the next few weeks. Not until both the response video and the diss tracks are done.

"SHALL WE BEGIN?"

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    KaiserVenom and TheMint like this.