Other Games retro gaming

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by dinoceros, Jul 16, 2021.

1. dinoceros

dinoceros Donator

anyone here into retro gaming? playing or collecting.

i'm personally really big on the n64 right now and i am looking to expand my collection a bit more

Davey, Lucyy and ItsJerry like this.
  2. Trevor

Trevor Donator

never played super mario 64 and don't plan on doing so... the game is just too old for me to play

3. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Emotional Support Staff Member ~ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    We're going to have to have a talk.

dinoceros likes this.
  4. Trevor

Trevor Donator

Listen, I grew up with a wii and an Xbox 360
    I’m used to the higher end shit

5. ItsJerry

ItsJerry DEAD SERVER!!! LMAO!!! Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    only tetris, although it's "modern" remakes

Username and sool like this.
  6. Lucyy

Lucyy Builder Donator

Minecraft:
    xLucyy
    My father is rlly into that, he collects older games and has old consols. He also has an old original slot machine and flipper. Im on the other side am not that interested in retro gaming.

7. Davey

Davey Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    Dadvey | Dohe
    recently been getting into collecting, emulating, etc. currently have 386 games in my backlog across all the systems and etc.

gotta say my favorite "retro" system would be the gamecube. i don't know how "retro" it is considering it's only roughly 21 years old or so, but i think it's catalog is amazing, it was decently powered, but held back by those dumbass discs. really like chibi robo, twighlight princess, some of the other games too.

also into the n64 as well, been wanting to get one and play some conker and goldeneye but fuck it's just so expensive rn.

overall, gameboy line dominates all

edit: also have an aftermarket knockoff emulation console that runs NES and SNES carts. got some good games on those and it runs them p well, but i try to use common sense when it comes to collecting. i just don't see the point in spending 30 bucks on an NES game (while money's tight, ofc, if i had it to spare i'd have the whole NA set but i'm not loaded), i could just either emulate it on my phone or get it on my 3ds eshop.

worst purchase i've made as a collected was the fucking game & watch for mario's 35th anniversary. waste of money, but don't necessarily regret buying it.

Username, dinoceros and Lucyy like this.
  8. Saul1337

Saul1337

Is tf2 retro yet?

I need to find a guy to fix my N64 for me, I still have that laying around with some very old games that I am willing to boot up again.

9. aveliss

aveliss Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    aveliss
    dont think i would call it retro yet but its certainly a classic

samm and Davey like this.
  10. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Emotional Support Staff Member ~ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    If we ever get our collection out of storage I'll have to take pics for you. We have every system except Sega Genesis and Dreamcast. Well and the XBox 1 and PS 5. That's not even counting our emulators.

Trevor likes this.
  11. dinoceros

dinoceros Donator

the gamecube is retro! if the NES was retro at the time of the gamecube, then the gamecube is retro nowadays. anything else anyone says is pure elitism imo.

also drop yr backloggd, if you have one!!
    --- Post merged ---
    double post, cry about it
    i know this message is bait (or maybe just a shitty joke?) but i just wanna emphasise on how good sm64 is and how well it stands up today

speedrunning this game is an otherworldly experience and has been one of the most fun things i have ever done in gaming (ask our community 16 star wr contender @Racingman1)

there are also SO MANY great rom hacks of this game that are so worthy of checking out. a great online catalog of these recently opened up @ romhacking.com. super mario star road, 74, last impact, 64 land are incredible fan-made games that are often greater than the original game anmd that is just scratching the surface of the thousands of rom hacks that exist for this game

dont shit on sm64 you losers.

Davey likes this.
  12. Davey

Davey Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    Dadvey | Dohe
    don't use backloggd bc when i started collecting games, didn't know it existed, instead i use howlongtobeat.

https://howlongtobeat.com/user?n=itsDohe&s=games&backlog=1

anyways that's my current backlog, not many retro games there bc i mostly emulate them on my pc since i'm an idiot and spent too much on my ps5 and switch collection tho, but next system i'm gonna buy is probably a wii since it can play both gamecube and wii games. use dolphin for it currently, got a dolphin bar and all that stuff set up, works pretty well but i like using the og stuff as well

Username and dinoceros like this.
  13. Outriggr

Outriggr

My retro game is minecraft))

dinoceros likes this.