Reset the Map: Factions and Survival

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Skynet39, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Denisvenom9

Denisvenom9 》Faction Veteran《,

Minecraft:
    nippls
    Please don't double post

2. lilcubsfan

lilcubsfan Experienced Member

Minecraft:
    lilcubsfan
    I agree. I think a map reset would be great and would be a nice, fresh start

3. gamermonkey46

gamermonkey46 Videographer, Photographer, Editor

Minecraft:
    Millioz
    Disagreed
    NO... this would lead to MANY MANY MANNNYYYY angry players who LOVE this gamemode. If a new player comes in, i suggest going 9k blocks away from spawn considering nothing has ever been touched over there, because I too myself, live there.

Thepoisonpotatoe likes this.
  4. Skynet39

Skynet39 I Don't 1v1 in Factions Don't ask me, Thanks.

Anyone who plays factions knows a map reset is going to happen they are just going to have to deal with it. If the reset happens

5. Qvandellos

Qvandellos

Lightning6091 and Skynet39 like this.
  6. TheBlackHamood

TheBlackHamood Feel Pain, Accept Pain, Know Pain

Minecraft:
    twista_17 & _Hamood
    Agreed

We all can't ignore the fact that we made crappy left off bases and now we have new ones

7. Skynet39

8. Qvandellos

Qvandellos

Just scroll until you see the links :P

9. Miner

Miner Retired 5-Year Veteran Donator

Apparently you haven't been here for long.
    Survival's reset 2-4 times already. All those builds, gone multiple times. They'd be sad? It's happened before, and NOW it makes a difference.
    k.
    But I agree with this. I don't play on it much, but it would be nice to see something new. Possibly new terrain, leading to new base spots instead of map memorization is the key to win everything.

10. Skynet39

The map never reset before its been the same for 9 months

11. Miner

Uh huh.
    How about back then? In the olden days? Oh right, you were never there. It reset 3-2 times, and now a 4th-3rd one occurred, but brought us the Survival that we know now.

12. Skynet39

That was the old server, we are talking about the new one. Who cares about the old one... :p

And yes I was there I never played it

13. Miner

I mean like way back when.
    When your only option WAS SURVIVAL.
    The old one teaches us what was right and what was wrong, like resetting; the map had filled up, and it was laggy and close to crashing, so they reset.

14. LaColeman

LaColeman Leaving (INAL)

Minecraft:
    LaColeman/SeahawksFan12
    This is with no doubt completely uncontrollable. If the map every got reset then pretty much all inventories will be reset as well since inventories are actually built into the map. I am not saying that to be mean, I am just pointing that out. ;)

Well, I agree with this, the map is honestly just too crowded.

15. Chase_16757

Chase_16757 [Donator]

Minecraft:
    ImRosaParks
    Undecided: I would be upset if factions reset, mostly because I haven't had trouble in a while, and have gotten very good at factions... BUT it's not a terrible idea, but I don't care for anything in the map except my base, and all the other places I go to, I don't usually go to wilderness.

Disagreed: And on survival, I would just die. I'm like 98% sure I'm the richest on survival. I've worked very hard, and I don't want to see that go to waste.

Syborge likes this.
  16. Nicohle

Nicohle Donator

Minecraft:
    Nicohle
    I think it would be a good idea for the factions map to be reset but, allow players to keep their stats and money and maybe their inventory. So, those who may have payed for money or power on it doesn't lose it but, the map will give everyone a chance to start again. (As long as like I said we get to keep perks we already purchased such as kits or power).

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
    Slevin likes this.
  17. Skynet39

I dont think you will lose the stuff you buy like kits and powers... ceggs idk but the money and inventory I can see someone just using the 2million$ They have and just blow it on Gapples and stuff... I think if the Factions resets you should just plainly start over, but keep your kits and stuff.

18. Icy

Icy Champion of the pact Donator

I dont care about factions, Survival might be risky, i have been building for 7 months, i didnt build all of it just because to waste it, i spend alot of time building hours in a day and days in a week, So i disagree for survival , but if this got accepted i suggest making survival/factions2 so the old progress wont be lost, just like skyblock1,2,3 and creative.

VaderAbraham, Syborge and JacksterX16 like this.
  19. Dirtbikes95

Dirtbikes95 Got banned, add Skype at OuterRim95 for insight.

Disagreed for both Factions, and Survival.

Factions: It will most likely be reset when 1.8 comes out for Bukkit, and servers can update. There is no point doing it now.
    Survival: No need, plenty of land. Me and Syborge gave up when all of our decorative builds got destroyed, if it happened in Survival by it being reset, we'd probably leave the server.

-=+=-Off Topic-Contains future OuterRim information-=+=-
    For the people who wonder if OuterRim will be re-established anytime soon: We'll most likely come back when it resets.
    Why we left: After nearly 8 months with OuterRim, one of our highest ranking Officers decided that it would be fun to give our base location away, and to unclaim it. Then again, this is Factions. You can't trust anybody.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
    Syborge likes this.
  20. VaderAbraham

VaderAbraham

Maybe just a cool new and creative map and spawn, so people won't lose the stuff in the echests, so they won't be that op, but a little.. I AGREE!!!