Quickest way to get cash?

Discussion in 'SkyBlock' started by AJthekidCP, Jun 25, 2015.

1. AJthekidCP

AJthekidCP yes Donator

Minecraft:
    AJthekidCP
    Hey guys.
    What's the quickest way to get cash in Skyblock for FREE; WITHOUT spending real life money.

2. josebcamacho

josebcamacho

Personally I think island farming or an afk cactus farm. Or you could be a trader.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  3. AJthekidCP

AJthekidCP yes Donator

Minecraft:
    AJthekidCP
    What is an island farm, and an afk cactus farm? How would I get money from those?

4. josebcamacho

josebcamacho

Island farming is when you create a island take the good stuff. Delete the island and repeat. Then you normally sell the stuff at the spawn shop.
    The cactus farm is this:
    "
    Hello! I've noticed players asking in chat about how to make an automatic cactus farm. I started out on this server not knowing what to do as well, but after I learnt how to make an automatic cactus farm, life became much easier. Cactus sells for $160 a stack (64).

Tips: use a lot of ice. ice makes items go faster. Eventually the cactus will float towards the hopper and get collected. Build the farm upwards, and in the pictures I have a cactus on both sides of a cobble block because once the cactus grows it breaks on the block and will fall below into the running water and collecting in the hopper.

You may need a afk machine for this. I crafted a fence and placed it down. then 5 blocks away from the fence I placed water which makes you float towards the the fence and moves you up and down.

All this can be seen in the 3 pictures below:
    1 of the bottom part of the farm where the cactus falls to and gets collected in hoppers. 1 at the top showing how the cactus and cobble is placed. and 1 of the simplest afk machines there is.

Hope you liked this short tutorial!"

when you get cactus you then go sell it. Cactus%20Farm%20-1_272278.jpg

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
    Durske likes this.
  5. Odi

Odi

Minecraft:
    //odipossible \\
    I wouldn't really suggest advertising a website, that has nothing to do with J&H. Infact, is it is another server.
    You should of just copied the post.
    I did some research, and found this:

It is a 20-30 minute video tutorial on making a cactus farm.

6. josebcamacho

josebcamacho

Oops thought that was a minecraft forum, not a server.
    Removed the link

7. RocWolfe

RocWolfe Roc | A Shot in the Dark Donator

Minecraft:
    PoisonedShadows | LivingOnAPrayer
    You could sell Carrots and Nether Warts too tbh, also just farm other crops, and sell anything ya can or have excess of. you can even make yourself a chestshop and have people teleport to you to buy things from you. I Make most of my money in skyblock just by selling items to the spawn shop like mob drops, sugacane, carrots, cocoa beans, cactus, nether warts etc. there's plenty ya can do.

Xandalf likes this.
  8. josebcamacho

josebcamacho

I think these are the only ways to get money in skyblock:
    1. Beg/ask for donation - inefficient and you risk getting poor reputation
    2. Get hired/sell services (consult, help to build and harvest, craft rare things, etc) - you must have good reputation for that
    3. Buy IGM for real money - the fastest and perhaps most expensive way, you can buy it HERE
    4. Craft/farm items and sell them (ranges from potato's to mycelium)
    5. Optimally making a cactus farm in exchange for some efforts, it brings you steady stream of IGM from a simple cactus farm
    Since the harvesting efforts are minimal (you only need to move collected cacti from chests/hoppers into your inventory). Maintenance costs are none, unless you accidently damage part of your farm. (Break a cactus). Cacti farm is easily extended
    Also if you put a sign sell shop on your storage chests of cactus, for no effort you can find people to buy cactus of you, who will then sell it at the shop.
    This works if you sell your cactus at $140 a stack, as they will make $20 profit for every stack they sell. (shop buys cactus at 32 cactus for $80)
    It works best to sell it in stacks

Also some server offer voting for the server to get IGM by voting, I agree with the people HERE , that it removes the point of skyblock.

Glossary:
    IGM: In game money

PS:
    I am aware he said for free, I was just stating all the options

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  9. Hed_crafter_nl

Hed_crafter_nl -=- It's Heddy -=-

Minecraft:
    Hed_crafter_nl
    You could farm anything, but I recommend automatic farms the most.
    That are farms like these, you don't have to plant or farm things etc.
    • Cactus farm (you need a lot of time to make this, but practically you only need sand, blocks (slabs), 1 hopper (or more), 1 chest (or more)
    • Sugarcane farm (uses a lot of redstone and pistons, depends on how big you make this)
    • Pumpkin farm (uses a lot of redstone and pistons, depends on how big you make this)
    • Melon farm (uses a lot of redstone and pistons, depends on how big you make this)
    • Iron farm (you need a lot of resources to build this, expensive, because you need villager spawn eggs)
    • Eggs farm (the easiest one of these suggestions, you need 1 hopper, a chest, some blocks and some chickens to start with it)
    There are a lot more options for automatic farms, but these are the easiest ones.

Another option: Buy things from people who are too lazy to sell them by self.
    For example: I have a cactus farm, but I don't want to go to spawn all the time to sell all the cactus. So I sell 64 cactus for 130 $, and people can sell it at spawn for 160 $. I get 130 from my cactus farm, and you get 30 for free.
    Interested? PM me :D

10. adjustingingredients

adjustingingredients (◐‿◑) Donator

Minecraft:
    cakpoadoadwndwadw
    Since that didn't really help much, these are the fundamental basics of a cactus farm.
    A cactus block will always break when a block is placed next to it, or vice versa.
    You can use this quirk in the system to build an auto cactus farm, by placing a fence next to where the cactus is going to grow. When the cactus grows, it will automatically become an item, free to be collected by hoppers/players.
    A sideview of a basic auto cactus farm - (F = Fence, C = Cactus, S = Sand, _ = Air)
    _F_F_
    C_C_C
    S_S_S
    F_F_F
    _C_C_
    _S_S_
    _F_F_
    You use the fences to hold up the sand for the cactus, and it'll also force the cactus block into an item.
    Leave a 1 layer between each row/line of the layout above so that the cactus can fall to the bottom.

11. RocWolfe

RocWolfe Roc | A Shot in the Dark Donator

Minecraft:
    PoisonedShadows | LivingOnAPrayer
    also for a cactus farm, best thing to do, is to line the bottom of the farm with ice under the water, so the cactus flows to your chests/hoppers more easily

Xandalf likes this.
  12. josebcamacho

josebcamacho

@AJthekidCP
    If you message me a time when you are online, I will come online and I can show you my cactus farm, and some others which are massive.

13. questionmark

questionmark Donator

blaze farm