Past lives?

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Yomc, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Yomc

Yomc ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Hello, denizens of the forums! Today I would like discuss an experience of mine, and pose a serious question. There is always a time and place for joking, but due to the sensitive nature of this post I would like to politely request that you keep the humor to a minimum.

It all started three weeks ago in science class. I was working on a quiz when all of a sudden I felt what I can only describe as an "explosion of life" come over me, and suddenly I realized that I am not just myself but also thousands before me. I saw in the eternal reflection Peter, but also David, a farmer; Adam, a wealthy industrialist; and Benjamin Franklin. I know now that I actually was, no, am, these people.

It was a really profound experience that I feel totally altered the course of my life. I used to be an atheist, but I realize now, after much meditation, that there IS a divine force out there somewhere, if not a god strictly.

So! That's my experience, and I figured I might as well come out and tell you guys. I haven't been very open on these forums up to this date but I think that my experience has truly changed me. Have any of you had a similar awakening/out of body/spiritual experience? If so, please do tell! Maybe we can piece together what's out there.

2. memelord

memelord

actually similar thing to me.. was years ago... you bring deep questions... what is real out there? very interest post...

3. SlamStoneMC

SlamStoneMC A member who knows people

Minecraft:
    SlamBam1214
    It reminds me of the Last Airbender where the avatar can talk too his previous lives. Anyways cool experience. :)

memelord likes this.
  4. gaminggoblin

gaminggoblin [Donator] [Ruthless]

Minecraft:
    NekoKingpin/PinkPegasus
    I don't believe in this stuff

Abcdhax and memelord like this.
  5. Katy_

Katy_ Donator

I've had several instances of déjà vu in my life...
    While traveling west this summer through
    North Dakota, I had a feeling come over me,
    like I'd been there before. I told my mom that
    there was a red house with white trim coming up
    on the right...and there it was, a few miles up the highway.
    I'd never been to North Dakota in my life prior to that.

Mayu_Rika, Kono, InvalidStar and 5 others like this.
  6. Dreadlord1

Dreadlord1 Donator

Minecraft:
    notgb
    For some reason when I dream of something, it happens a few days after.....

7. gaminggoblin

Minecraft:
    NekoKingpin/PinkPegasus
    Same.
    One time I took a test in my dreams that was a pop quiz
    And it happened one week later
    I was prepared

memelord likes this.
  8. memelord

memelord

no why?

9. gaminggoblin

Minecraft:
    NekoKingpin/PinkPegasus
    Reencarnation does not seem realistic to me. I'm not going any deeper.

Abcdhax and memelord like this.
  10. memelord

memelord

ok respect you opinion. hard believe and no science. in life put things together around you.

11. Tsolay

Tsolay Artist Donator

Minecraft:
    Nanometer
    Think of it like this, these people discovered something revolutionary. Now, as a species, we know that from that point forward, therefore; it's just hidden inside of us, the knowledge, waiting to be unearthed.

Anyway, I thought and realized that people think in their own language. Yeah, no duh, but it's something I never thought about having translated everything I would learn into English. It was like a huge facepalm to the face moment.

memelord and Katy_ like this.
  12. Katy_

Katy_ Donator

English isn't your native language?

memelord and Mayu_Rika like this.
  13. Tsolay

Tsolay Artist Donator

Minecraft:
    Nanometer
    It is. I meant that other peope think in their native language. It seems obvious, but it never occurred to me because I just never thought about it. I would always translate the French and Spanish I would be learning into English.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
    Katy_ likes this.
  14. _Magical

_Magical Pokémon trainer

I have this but with future lives as well.
    I really feel like there's going to be a Panem-like world in the future. It's like a story of any canonical work; there's universal themes that are adapted over different time periods..I may not be a Katniss but I know I might live a life where I'm trapped again..but in an arena.
    I'd explain a past life but I think it's too inappropriate, lol! Might scare some kids eh.

Sakujo, memelord and Safoya like this.
  15. Tsolay

Tsolay Artist Donator

Minecraft:
    Nanometer
    I'm not worried about the future. I'm concerned with the present. After all, it's a gift.

memelord likes this.
  16. Enderbrine

Enderbrine うちはサスケ

Well..
    I sense of one's future death in mere minutes in a couple of tines (Already told one of them before),
    Same except in a year, it's a year later but not exactly a year later. For example was a new kickstarter game, or my new phone.

I do tend to have dreams of seeing someone's perspective, my ancestor. He was an artist just like my grandpa, he wasn't popular but his artwork was beautiful. I was able to see his life in his own eyes until his death, a regular death. He was unlike me, we have a lot of differences but we do have a taste for art.

I also kind-of feel connections to people I just met, I'll feel that person could be someone I just meet only one time, or he/she will be my enemy in the future or someone with a strong bond. But sometimes they can be wrong, because my gut is very child-like.

17. memelord

memelord

indeed gut is deep down and quick, it is meant for true for finds meaning.

"trust your gut" is true, even if sometimes not right, it is the gut that you trust, deep down. this is what means of human.

18. iParis

iParis //

I believe that each of one of us had another life before this one.
    I'm not wacky religious, and I don't have one. But, I do believe in some things.
    I believe that I was once a leader of something, perhaps a pirate, or something to do with water.
    Because of reasons, that isn't necessary to tell.

memelord and Katy_ like this.
  19. SinisterBucky

SinisterBucky Exemplary Gaming Co-Founder and GM Donator

Minecraft:
    _Bucky
    Same. I don't believe in past lives, but I do believe in seeing either THE future, a close allusion to the future, or an altered take on the future. It used to happen to me a LOT in middle school; I was able to predict a couple of tsunami warnings on the west coast, among other things, but it doesn't happen to me anymore.
    Welp.
    BACK ON TOPIC.
    Idk about past lives. I think maybe it's possible for one's conscience to be passed on through the generations because what is life like without conscience? What is death like? It is impossible to imagine it, at least in my own mind. I can't imagine nothingness. But it defies many basic logic constructs that I have.

TL;DR Pffff I can't even fkin ANSWER that question lol

memelord, Dreadlord1 and Katy_ like this.
  20. noah

noah Moderator Plus Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    left4lag
    For some reason, this thread actually got me thinking about the past, the future and the present. I love the time when there were knights, kings, queens, etc. I've always had a good bond with that sort of stuff, but I never really gave a lot of thought about it.

I believe in God. I'm not sure about us having lives like in the old days or anything, but for the people who believe in God, they're future is in Heaven with the Lord. Not much for me to say anymore. I appreciate this thread though. It got me thinking about my future. :)

Thepoisonpotatoe likes this.