Open Relationships

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by magicxx130, Jun 13, 2016.

1. magicxx130

magicxx130 kill me now pleas Donator

So recently I've been very curious on opinions about open relationships. An open relationship is a marriage or relationship in which both partners agree that each may have sexual relations with others. My question is, what's your opinion on it and would you have one?

Imo, I don't get the point of having an open relationship. Find one person and put effort and time into that one person instead.

2. Braixen

Braixen The Gay <*w*> Donator

Minecraft:
    JadeTheManedWolf
    From what I've looked about, open relationships arent for everyone. But, if both you and your partner are chill with the idea, then have at it hauss. Every relationship is based off "love". "Love" is a subjective concept based on "morals" that our societies has given us. That being said, every relationship is different, and whatever form of relationship fits you is for you. Embrace it.

dinoceros, Katerina, Miner and 2 others like this.
  3. _ItsMayDay

_ItsMayDay Smol Blueberry Pun Skele 4 Life Donator

Minecraft:
    LolNope. If I had one, it'd most likely be "SmolSkel"
    A relationship to me is dependence on the partner. Not for everything, but for emotional stability. I do not think that sex needs to be involved. If two people are okay with open relationships, then fine, let them be. Just as long as the intercourse is for pleasure or whatever you do it for, not love.

4. SinisterBucky

SinisterBucky Exemplary Gaming Co-Founder and GM Donator

Minecraft:
    _Bucky
    Some research suggests that the tradition of "one and done" with a partner is actually unnatural and we are supposed to intermingle. It's not my idea of a love story, but if two people want to have an open relationship, it is far from outrageous if you ask me.

Actually, I take that back. I could write a unique love story about that, being the author that I am.

*Shrug*

TheNinjaFury, Braixen and magicxx130 like this.
  5. _Magical

_Magical Pokémon trainer

Whats the point of being in a relationship if its going to be open* :,D just be single and go with whoever

ValentineAmy, Braixen, Radii and 3 others like this.
  6. TheNinjaFury

TheNinjaFury Fury Donator

Minecraft:
    [Hero] TheNinjaFury // TheEmperorOfFury
    Tbf, if both partners agree, and they make sure to TELL the partner where they are going for the night and don't lie, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Katerina likes this.
  7. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    I believe that if you're in a relationship with someone you really do care about/love, then you guys shouldn't be going out and 'making love' to others, even if you have permission from the other. I see it as betraying your spouse's trust/love, and betrayal as a whole. Peeps in my opinion should stay loyal to the person they dedicate their time to hang out with, or love, or whatever. It's the ultimate betrayal to do something like this, in my opinion.

KaiserVenom, safoya299 and magicxx130 like this.
  8. safoya299

safoya299 Donator

Minecraft:
    safoya299
    I personally don't understand them. If you're going to be in a relationship with someone, then you dedicate yourself to them. You love that one someone and not anyone else. That is just how I have always seen it. Plus, if you want to go do things with other people and your significant other allows it, then why even be in a relationship with them? Being in a relationship is something between persons that shouldn't involve others. I think an open-relationship is not a healthy relationship.

9. Dest

Dest Mod+ | Twitch Streamer | Perler Beads Artist Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    Destination666
    I don't get the point in having a relationship if it is open? Why would you even date, marry or anything if you are going to do 'activities' with other people. If you go into a relationship, you promise each other to love each other. Why would you want to go do these 'activities' with other people? Isn't one person enough for you? (I feel the same way about people who cheat. One person should be enough for you)

safoya299 and magicxx130 like this.
  10. Radii

Radii Donator

Minecraft:
    Radii
    if ur monogamous partner doesn't please you enough then that's an issue with your relationship, not your lifestyle choices

^^^^^^^as u can see i dont like open relationships. no point in them. just be single

Aiden, teitan, sebastiann and 5 others like this.
  11. Bilbo

Bilbo Donator

Minecraft:
    CORNUH
    the fuck its like having an open hw assignment you have to work for math and then you go like "nah i'm gonna hand it in biology"

wtf is the point?

knife, Glass and magicxx130 like this.
  12. YFIOTR

YFIOTR Donator

Minecraft:
    YFIOTR
    There's possibility that people don't want to go through a divorce while they can't satisfy their needs. I think it makes perfect sense in that situation.

Braixen and Katerina like this.
  13. Katerina

Katerina Former Mοd Donator

I kind of understand open relationships but they are for certain people aka polyamorous people or those who work in adult movies (I hope y'all know what I mean).
    I have seen many people who have been married but they still have an open relationship (now you will ask, what's the point in being married and having an open relationship, trust me I have no idea). It's all about trust and being jealous. However, I am the type of person who likes monogamous relationships but I don't think there's much wrong with open ones. I mean you can have fun with multiple people at once if that's what you want.

Braixen, magicxx130 and Sofie like this.
  14. nivels

nivels Donator

Just stick to the one partner. I'd hate if my partner was having sex with someone else regardless if I gave them permission. I find it unhealthy and morally wrong. I want the full pizza. I don't want to share it with other people.

nthi, Aiden, Glass and 4 others like this.
  15. Bilbo

Bilbo Donator

Minecraft:
    CORNUH
    same

PhantomStar, Aiden, knife and 2 others like this.
  16. knife

knife 》Faction Veteran《 ~Jag [God] Donator

I've never heard of an open relationship lol

Bilbo likes this.
  17. jdjfjcnfnck

jdjfjcnfnck - Donator

This is one of the most absurd things I've ever heard of. People actually do this? Whats the point of even having a relationship in the first place if you're going to go have intercourse with other people? People should stay loyal. Loyalty is important in a relationship.

18. Fredrique

Fredrique Aesthetic Lifestyle |Bboy Tubbz Donator

Minecraft:
    Gavrael
    There is no point of being in an open relationship. If your partner cannot fully satisfy you in any way, then you should not be with them. Respect your partner and have the decency to break up with them don't play with their feelings and feed them lies. If you truly love someone, dedicate your love to that one person, be loyal to that one person. I would be absolutely torn apart it if my partner turned to others for satisfaction. Like Slevin said, "I want the full pizza. I don't want to share it with others." I completely agree with his statement.

19. RazorOG

RazorOG Raz Donator

Minecraft:
    RazorOG
    I fully understand and have no problem with open relationships. If they both agree to have one and they both love each other, then I don't see a problem. The fact that they would be able to have sex with other people and love only one person means something. I know there is a possibility that one of the people in the relationship could drift apart from the other person and begin to fall for another, but that's part of agreeing to have the open relationship in the first place and are willing to risk that. I see it as a technique to find the person that someone really loves while trying people as well because if both the partners agree then they obviously both feel the same way. If one partner becomes attracted to someone else but the other partner is still attracted to them, it's just life and they have to find another person. But believe that if you have an open relationship without honesty to your other partner it is not right and could be considered cheating.
    People can still have an open relationship while maintaining honesty with their partner.

20. KokichiOma

KokichiOma Ultimate Supreme Leader Donator

Minecraft:
    Unprepossessing (MappyTurtle)
    Open relationships really depend on the couple.
    I do not believe these types of relationships are bad if done correctly.
    Lying/not telling your partner =/= open relationship. That's cheating, no excuses.
    Sometimes a couple may just want something different so they can come back to the known, and not be so bored.
    It's like one day taking a scenic route up to work or school or something.

I do not want to be in an open relationship myself, however as long as everything is clear with the other and no shady business going on, I have no problems with those in those relationships.

Xandalf, Braixen, dinoceros and 2 others like this.