[OITC] More People need More Recognition

Discussion in 'One In The Chamber' started by iPr0xyy, May 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iPr0xyy

iPr0xyy Owning

Minecraft:
    iPr0xyy
    You guys are resetting kills/games, which I am okay with, but it isn't my opinion that matters.

Why not just reset the game for good while you can? You're already removing 2/3 of what people earned, Being Kills and Games. Why not just remove the other 1/3 and reset levels, Give other people a chance at being a top player.

I understand that people have worked for their levels, and I know even I have, being level 243.
    But with all these high levels, It doesn't give any other player that plays regularly a chance at being on the leaderboard. As of today, May 23, 2014, The entry level for the leaderboards is 179.
    Don't you think that's a bit high? It gives no other player that works to win their games every day a chance at showing their achievements.

Don't think I'm saying this just because of the recent change in places on the leaderboard, I'm saying this because there are several hard-working players that deserve the leaderboard more than most people on the leaderboard that are inactive.

The level's are too high, and this gives no player an actual chance at showing others on the server their achievements.

But I think it's time, Every server resets their stuff. I'm not telling you to be like other servers, I'm telling you to give other players a shot at the leaderboard.

You may not think this is a good idea, But think about this. You want others to be able to enjoy experiences on this server, I think that with this new, larger amount of players that play this game today, the competition would be actually fair with the levels.

And again, I've worked hard for levels as well. I've gotten 243 levels, I was the first person to achieve level 200, and I've taken #1 countless times.

And while I am posting this thread, I am going to retire from OITC for a while, I probably will be coming back, but the game is causing too much stress, which is sad, because it's over a game that involves blocks.
    So, yeah. Thanks for reading.

EDIT: Another reason why I argue about this, There are people on this server that are non-donors that play 2x as much as people on the leaderboard, and What do they get? Absolutely nothing, The only recognition they get is for about 10 seconds and that's when they win a game of OITC. Other than this, they have absolutely no recognition of their achievements whatsoever.

EDIT 2: Resetting the levels would probably attract more players, Being that they realize that they have a shot at making the leaderboard in this game. Which would bring you guys more money and stuff to help prosper you're server.
    If these levels get reset, people will realize that they will have a good chance at becoming one of the best, one of the top players. And will be able to show off their achievements.
    This game needs some change, and I think now is the best time to take that chance, and make the change.

~iPr0xyy

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  2. RockoR

RockoR new bagel

Minecraft:
    RockoR
    True, right now it's almost impossible for someone who just started to get on the leaderboards.

amboyscout and iPr0xyy like this.
  3. iPr0xyy

iPr0xyy Owning

Minecraft:
    iPr0xyy
    Exactly, they have no chance, and they realize that.

Give them a chance.

sebastiann and amboyscout like this.
  4. sebastiann

sebastiann Donator

Well, I'm disagreeing with this. Nothing against you. I would be furious if they reset the levels. I, myself have worked very hard to get were I am. 100 levels in a month shows something. People think that I don't play but I do and I think it's a bit childish. I wouldn't enjoy being off the boards...no levels, it'd be different. And I know that we go through changes blah blah, all that stuff. I'm slightly agreeing with this because there are some people who think they are the leader of everything, king, head hancho and they really aren't, not to mention any names. If you do reset the levels, I think more people would stop playing oitc rather than start it, more people are upset with what you're doing now with the leader-boards. Everyone has a chance, they just have to work for it. Giving them chance, sure. Maybe have a 170+ leader-boards, 100+ leader-boards and so on. It's not completely impossible either, just saying. I thank you for reading my book or whatever you'd like to call it. Thanks for your time and have a nice day.

~ Eli

YFIOTR likes this.
  5. iPr0xyy

iPr0xyy Owning

Minecraft:
    iPr0xyy
    You can't say that there won't be anyone furious about this. The main reason I posted this thread, was to give notice to the non-donators that don't have chances at getting the leaderboard, I'm not saying resetting levels would stop donators from playing, I'm saying it would give more people a chance at getting recognition.

sebastiann likes this.
  6. sebastiann

sebastiann Donator

"You can't say", I am aloud to say what I feel first of all but that's not what this is about. You shouldn't say that non- donators have no chance. Another reason to lower there confidence. Alright, I do get what you are saying. I'm in the middle with what you're saying. Not agreeing but not disagreeing. This shouldn't start anything so... yeah.

7. iPr0xyy

iPr0xyy Owning

Minecraft:
    iPr0xyy
    The thing is, Most non-donators don't have a chance. All players on the leaderboard are donators, we all get double XP, the non-donators of the server don't have the time to get 179 levels without double xp. It is difficult.

8. MC_Scout

MC_Scout Fearless Leader Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    So vechs (youtber) said this best:
    "you arguing or complaing over a digital number in a video game. "
    Let me say this (and this is going to piss off a lot of people): if you are playing OITC, or any gamemode for that matter, to be on the LB your playing it for the wrong reasons.

9. j0sef

j0sef resigned Donator

I agree completely with what you're saying. There are plenty of good players who are just starting out or started out later (like myself) who want a chance to get on the boards.

amboyscout and iPr0xyy like this.
  10. kinghakaka

kinghakaka Bowsweat- Trickshotter #Veracity- 1500 Subs

Minecraft:
    Hakaka & Feyenoord
    Disagreed for sure if they reset levels too i quit forever on itsjerryandharry server they do it before with my paintball stats i was #2 there and after the reset i take #1 and the deleted it so yes totally disagreed i worked so hard for it

Edit: like what mudkipper sayd more leaderboards for diffrend levels
    Edit: i even buy OITC perks to get on the leaderboard if they reset it i want my money back ;)

11. MC_Scout

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    again you payed money to have a larger number in a video game

amboyscout and kinghakaka like this.
  12. kinghakaka

kinghakaka Bowsweat- Trickshotter #Veracity- 1500 Subs

Minecraft:
    Hakaka & Feyenoord
    so?? see nothing wrong with it more people do that

13. AACM

AACM

This is a good idea, since I'm only level 48 :3 but for me its not about the levels, it's about the skillz.

amboyscout likes this.
  14. You

You I am You.

People who disagree because of fear of their own stat resets are quite selfish.
    Compare those who would quit, to the new players who would be attracted by an opportunity. Think about it like this: If you played double XP, 6 hours a day, someone who wished to catch up to you would have to play more than that, even double the playing time if they are non-donors.

I'm a level 18 non-donor, as I started playing not too long ago. From what I hear, a couple of the leaderboard players are inactive. How long do you think it will take me, a new non-donor, to get to that?

15. iPr0xyy

iPr0xyy Owning

Minecraft:
    iPr0xyy
    I'm very glad you asked that.

As a non donator, you do not get the same advantages as the donators, being the double XP.
    The gold armor doesn't give an advantage whatsoever. But on OITC, most of the population are non-donators.
    So @You, If you are only at level 18. Then it will take you months to get to the current entry level of the leaderboard.

Now think for a moment, Would someone really have that kind of commitment to the game to do that?

16. MC_Scout

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    a number in your xp bar is NOT the point of oitc, its to have fun. Now having said that I get why people would be pissed if they lost there LB status but its just a game.

Also the LB is for the wahat top 20 or top 12 people. There are roughly 80-120 people playing OITC so put that in prospective 20 people of 120 people...

iPr0xyy likes this.
  17. iPr0xyy

iPr0xyy Owning

Minecraft:
    iPr0xyy
    Exactly, The other 60-100 people are most likely low levels and Non-donators. I hate to say this, but they have no real chance at getting on the leaderboard, unless you spend over 6 hours a day winning every game, which is a low possibility.

MC_Scout and sebastiann like this.
  18. Miner

Miner Retired 5-Year Veteran Donator

Agreed.

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  19. Da xX_Hackerz_Xx

Da xX_Hackerz_Xx

It would have been a waste of time working hard for all your levels you have now so I have to disagree

20. Mats9799

Mats9799

Some people have worked hard to get close to the leaderboard and they will be heartbroken if they hear their work was for nothing.

Da xX_Hackerz_Xx likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.