[OITC] Add an always +1 elo rule

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by LunarNova, Dec 31, 2020.

1. LunarNova

LunarNova P̷̰̅I̵̺̅Ń̴͍K̷̞̈́ ̵̼̂W̵̗͑Ḭ̸͘T̸̺̓C̵̺̕H̸̱́ Donator

Minecraft:
    LunarNova
    Hi,

Title is pretty self explanatory, but let me elaborate a little bit further.

I think there should be an always +1 elo rule in OITC. This is because people around mid emerald and higher have this ALOT, where they absolutely assclap a game but get 0 elo out of it. This is very frustrating, so I thought the elo would just build up every game, so you won't get 2 games of 0 elo. This is sadly the case though, as I've experienced this just now.

I am aware that mid emerald and above is only a small fraction of the playerbase, but I don't think this should affect lowerranks, as they don't get even close to around 0 or 1 elo.

What I don't mean is that elo should always be boosted by +1, but that there's AT LEAST +1 elo to gain from a match.

EDIT: I only mean that when you win you should get at least +1, if you get second or lower then I don't think it should count, only when you win.

Thank you for reading and I'd like to hear from you what you think of this suggestion.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
    Alperen_ and zoom like this.
  2. zoom

zoom

Although its frustrating to get +0 from absolutely dominating a game i think it should stay. Getting a +0 game is something only top players get and shows how far up you have gotten on the elo board. As you reach the higher ranks it gets harder to gain elo as it should be and it forces you to play better players to gain elo.

3. ItsJerry

ItsJerry Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    then you can just farm against noobs or alts
    also elo would inflate as a whole

4. LunarNova

LunarNova P̷̰̅I̵̺̅Ń̴͍K̷̞̈́ ̵̼̂W̵̗͑Ḭ̸͘T̸̺̓C̵̺̕H̸̱́ Donator

Minecraft:
    LunarNova
    You have a point. If you have higher elo you should definitely fight higher tiered players. The thing is that a higher tiered player has to play a lot of games to gain elo, except if they fight higher tiered players. One thing I'd like to add as well is how devastating 1 loss at emerald and higher can be. Somebody that has about 1750 elo can lose to 2 alts and get -29 instantly.

You can theoretically already farm alts, you have to play a lot of games to get anywhere though, you can get 3 friends to grant you kills and you can climb the ranks very easily.
    The ELO inflation part: I don't think I expressed that if a higher tiered player wins they get +0, if they get second or lower I understand it, but at first place you can still get +0. They don't always have to get +1, just when anyone wins for that matter, they always get +1.