Is it hard to become [MOD] or [ADMIN]

Discussion in 'Help' started by BLOCKSTROYER567, Feb 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BLOCKSTROYER567

BLOCKSTROYER567

i want to aplly and I want to know

2. shadowstruck

shadowstruck Mod+ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    shadowstruck
  3. ZeusV

ZeusV Former Moderator Donator

Minecraft:
    ZeusV
    Becoming staff is easy as long as you have a good attitude & you are active.

I wish you the best of luck, BLOCKDESTTROYER567!

BLOCKSTROYER567 likes this.
  4. tence3000

tence3000 Donator

Minecraft:
    tence3000
    Personally I wouldn't say becoming staff is easy.
    It comes out of, as said above, attitude and activity as well as other various factors from how I see it.
    It's also important to be helping others where you can as well, without mini-modding, as this will portray you in an even better way.

However I'm not saying staff is impossible to get, I'm just saying it requires dedication and if you have a determination for this and you display the qualities above, it's very much a possibility.

Ryva and ConnorFTW like this.
  5. JokerBen

JokerBen I'll be back sometimes to check in :) Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    JokerBen
    In case you don't know me, I'm a former Mod+. Most of this is ripped from my info page:

This is a guide to becoming a staff member here. This works 100% because it applies to every promotion, ever.

First, let's get some common myths out of the way:
    • You need to make a lot of reports prior to being staff (False, the amount of reports I made prior to being staff are in the single digits)
    • You can't be staff if you have a lengthy ban history (False, I have seven forum warnings, five server temp-bans, and a permanent ban in my history; I became staff less than four months after my permanent ban was lifted)
    • You have to be friends with higher-ups to be staff (False, prior to staff, I wasn't close to any higher-ups)
    Now, make your application (follow all the guidelines!). When that's done, sit back and relax. See, you won't be hired based on how pretty your application is. There are two things we look for in staff members and that is a good attitude and a willingness to learn. Now, don't lie to yourself. You need to truly have those two qualities to be staff and the rest comes easily.

Woah! You've been accepted to the staff team because of your good attitude and your willingness to learn our procedures and processes. Now, you need to take a considerable amount of time to learn how we do things and understand how it helps the server function as smoothly as it does. Remember a couple sentences ago I said that the rest comes easily? It does! When you have a good attitude and a willingness to learn, your experience as a staff member becomes ten times easier because like life in general, you learn the ropes quicker. This next part is important. Having a good attitude and a continued willingness to learn will eventually earn you promotions.

Congratulations! You've been promoted for the same reason you were accepted to staff in the first place. Don't get me wrong, to be promoted you need to be performing well as a staff member, but those qualities we've discussed are still huge parts of it. Remember, promotions aren't an excuse to kick back and watch the newer staff do the "grunt work". Continue with that good attitude, but there is a slight change in the willingness to learn part. When you're promoted, it means you're knowledgeable in how the staff team works and functions. That means there is less for you to learn about the staff team, but more for you to learn about the staff team members. If you are a higher staff rank, people are going to look up to you no matter what and you're going to be exposed to different types of staff members and your adaptability to work with each and every one of them is the most important lesson you can learn as a staff member. This trend will continue as you keep getting promotions.

Here's the punchline: It all boils down to being a decent human being. Not the amount of reports you make, not the amount of bans you have, and certainly whether or not you have connections on the team. If you have a desire to serve as staff, focus on your attitude and your willingness to learn and you will go far up the chain. Trust me.

I never reached Admin but I got Mod+ in less than 6 months of my original promotion to Helper. Anything's possible bud, good luck.

Ryva, Weeb, ZeusV and 2 others like this.
  6. Microplankton

Microplankton Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    Microplankton
    getting staff ain't hard if ur popular and "mature" joke

Coming from an ex-Mod, getting staff really ain't that hard, just time consuming. You really have to take this general list into account if you want to have a chance at getting Helper (Ben went into further detail on some of these already, see above):
    • Maturity: Are you a genuinely mature person? Great, move on! Do you constantly argue with people for the sake of arguing/constantly act immature? Might want to work on that before applying for staff.
    • English: Do you have an excellent understanding of the English language? Are you a good writer? Great, move on! Not having a good command of English as a language can seriously cripple you in your ability to communicate to the GP and the staff team as a whole.
    • Bans: Have you been banned in the last two months? don't even bother applying, you'll be instantly denied
    • Dedication: Are you dedicated and active on the server? Great, move on! If you're not active nor dedicated, how can the administration team predict that you will be a good staff member?
    Another quality that is looked for in staff members is your activity on Discord as well as your command of other languages, such as Turkish or Russian, but these aren't necessarily required.

Bruhtrash, ZeusV and Weeb like this.
  7. GalaxyPuffz

GalaxyPuffz rip joergen Donator

Minecraft:
    GalaxyPuffz
    I'd say you need to change your whole demeanor on why you want to be staff. From where I'm standing and looking at this, you only want to hold a staff position because of the rank and title, not for the purpose of helping people. I'll say this right now, you're not going to be accepted if you have this current state of mind so I highly suggest you think about that why.

8. ZeusV

ZeusV Former Moderator Donator

Minecraft:
    ZeusV
  9. shadowstruck

shadowstruck Mod+ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    shadowstruck
    Question has been answered so I will lock this thread now.

Thank you everyone for participating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.