Idk how to react

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by SSAce, Mar 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SSAce

SSAce ! Donator

Minecraft:
    SSAce

Last edited: May 23, 2018
    safoya299 likes this.
  2. YFIOTR

YFIOTR Donator

Minecraft:
    YFIOTR
    Well does she even like you back? If she really did, different sects of a religion would not matter. It could also be something pushed onto her by her parents (not wanting her to be friends/date catholics). There's a variety of reasons. Personally i have little experience in this stuff, but I am a really analytical person. Best of luck bro.

3. SSAce

SSAce ! Donator

Minecraft:
    SSAce
    Well we are good friends, and she is going to this dance with me at the end of the school year, so I am pretty sure she obviously likes being friends with me. But yeah, I do think that her parents have influence.

Thanks.

4. KrisKrikken

KrisKrikken

if you're good friends you have to ask yourself if being in a relationship with your friend even adds more value, as you already know each other very well

safoya299, YFIOTR and SSAce like this.
  5. Rivenze

Rivenze Donator

Personally, I believe that a person should not judge another person by what religion they are, but what personalities they have. It doesn't matter what religion they are as long as they have personalities that make you feel safe. That's just my definition for future references of what the person you love should be like.

6. Praetor

Praetor Dead| Female Rodent Donator

Minecraft:
    PraetorOfRome
    First, I would ask her why she can't like you because you're Catholic. Is it her parents, or is it her personal belief?

If the issue is her parents forbidding you to be friends, I would continue the friendship. Friends shouldn't be separated because of conflicting beliefs. Perhaps cautiously confronting her parents may help, but you should continue to hang out if she's a good friend.

If the opinion is instilled in her and it is nor simply her parents, I would politely question her opinion. If it quickly becomes apparent that she is stubborn in her opinion and there is no way that she'll change it, I would move on. Someone isn't a true friend if they can't accept you for who you are.

If doesn't show annoyance or aggression when you question her opinion, it would be a good idea to have a calm discussion. Hopefully you two can understand each other better and set aside your differences.

Good luck!

safoya299 and Kaylyn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.