How can anyone be this ignorant?

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Yomc, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Yomc

Yomc ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

So, I was browsing Yahoo news when I came across a story that I found to be intriguing. It was about a crane that collapsed above Mecca's Grand Mosque, a site of mass pilgrimage for followers of Islam all around the world. It was a big tragedy - 86 people died, and nearly double that number were injured. This does have a twinge of irony, being that this occurred on the anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. But I implore, you, read the article's comments:

http://news.yahoo.com/62-dead-crane...06204859-c73c86c4-a248-4dc0-860e-ca33cdbf97c1

The commenters are rejoicing. They consider this to be a good thing, that people died, because they see it as a "retaliation" against terrorism. One of the comments (which I even responded to) said the following:

"this means that that there are this much less terrorist to worry about. Why aren't we dancing in the streets like they did about 9/11/2001 yesterday"

Seriously? SERIOUSLY? Not every Muslim is a terrorist... I could go on about this for hours. This wasn't a good thing, it was a tragedy.

Another comment suggested making a proposal to the UN banning Islam for being warlike and calling its followers battlers in some sort of "war." There is no war between Muslims and Americans. The problem lies in Al Qaeda, ISIS, and similar groups of radicals. They do not represent the whole of Islam. And yet, comment after comment, people rally against Islam.
    This disturbs me. How can anyone be this ignorant? How can anyone be so foolish as to assume these things?
    I fear for the future, if such ignoramuses exist.

Xandalf, Aiden, Ninjaman and 21 others like this.
  2. Spikegold

Spikegold Donator

Minecraft:
    ThrowingBricks
    The sad thing is this sort of thing will only get worse, since all these radical Islamic groups claim to be representatives of Mohammad and the whole of Islam. Heck, ISIS' leader changed his name to Abu Bakr, the Caliph who led after Mohammad, to show he is to be listened to.

As sickening as this is, it will only get worse as more of these groups emerge. I wonder how religion will be viewed when that happens, and to what extent they will go to...

Zombeh and Safoya like this.
  3. Morcov

Morcov Furry|♥Zoroark♥|The everything man

I saw the comments as well. No somewhat decent person can really comprehend the missing logic in these groups in central US. These are the same kind of people who think muslims are going to raid Kentucky. I mean, how childish do you have to be to think that muslim terrorists are going to raid the heart of american stupidity? People like the commentors should just be ignored. They are as worthless as their ideas and have no idea how the world really works.

Safoya likes this.
  4. SeahawksFan12

SeahawksFan12 The 12th man|2-2|Lions @ Seahawks 10-13 FINAL

Minecraft:
    LaColeman/SeahawksFan12
    The fact that people would do such things is an example of sacrilege. Islam considers themselves like any religion, sacred. The fact that people would say "Muslims are bad people because they are terrorists" is with no doubt offensive and sacrilegious because it's wrong, it goes against Islam which is considered sacred by any Muslim, and people don't use logic or better yet even have any logic to begin with. I could say, 86 is a serious number, surely not as much as the amount of people who died on this day in the year of 2001, but still is a tragedy. All of a sudden commenters are rejoicing? What kind of world do we live in? Obviously an ignorant one, and this can be partially blamed on our education systems but also on the country itself. It aggravates me more that people would disrespect the religion of another, be it Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, etc.

Safoya and Morcov like this.
  5. Mcc457

Mcc457 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Minecraft:
    PentilexBros
    I found it silly karma would come 14 years later, it's not even a large scale disaster, just an unprecedented tragedy. But yeah, I saw people "topkeking" and pointing a laughing acting like the victims were the ones who caused 9/11. Complete logical fallacy there.

103 people, last time I checked it was 70+

6. YoshcraftMLG

YoshcraftMLG E.T Sniper~ Actual Sandwich

Minecraft:
    Ezou
    I saw the comments as well. I fear for some peoples' sanity.

Emeritus_IV likes this.
  7. Mafiaa

Mafiaa

Minecraft:
    Mafiaa
    قد إله تراه هم الذين قال ذلك مع النتائج

8. Strikyn

Strikyn Donator

Minecraft:
    Strikyn
    that's some nice google translate you got there

Sakujo and SirNugget like this.
  9. _Frizzy

_Frizzy

The world is ignorant...when you have one bad example of something you can't escape it sadly. This idea that Muslim's are absolutely BS, the sad thing is that its not like this idea will be forgotten, with all these different terrorist groups and the news doing exactly what they want, it wont stop.

10. Mafiaa

Mafiaa

Minecraft:
    Mafiaa
    I speak Arabic, don't assume so much there bud.
    All because I have good vocabulary I am using translate?

11. Dest

Dest Mod+ | Twitch Streamer | Perler Beads Artist Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    Destination666
    We have that problem a lot in the Netherlands. People assume too quick if 'one of them' (not my words, but quotes of others) is bad or a criminal, 'all of them are', which is so wrong, because it is not true at all. There are people all over the world that are bad. If someone is bad, it doesn't mean people related to them are.

12. memelord

memelord

Haha nicee

13. SeahawksFan12

SeahawksFan12 The 12th man|2-2|Lions @ Seahawks 10-13 FINAL

Minecraft:
    LaColeman/SeahawksFan12
    Haha nice what? There is nothing nice about the tragedy, nor the ignorance. If anything, it's actually quite sad.

14. Mcc457

Mcc457 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Minecraft:
    PentilexBros
    cff.png

And I am the Memelord here

Emeritus_IV likes this.
  15. memelord

memelord

Haha, laugh at ignorance, only way to live

Power is in mind

16. Xad

Xad ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Which apparently isn't in your mind.

As a muslim, I am probably 10 times more disturbed by this news then non-muslims. Every muslim is.
    I'm more distubed about how people (or simply, americans, not all of them) are making fun of this, calling it a good thing.

They don't even know anything about what we learn in Islam. It is clearly stated in the Quran that terrorism is forbidden and will feel the wrath of god if they do so.

Those so-called 'muslims' aren't muslims, but mentally illed people who are self-proclaimed muslims.
    How are muslims bombers when our mosques are getting BOMBED? WE'RE the one who are suffering, having to hear the news or even EXPERIENCE such tragedy.

Why are muslims called bad-people? One of our pillars is 'Zakah'. Basically it's how every muslim has to donate at least 2.5% of his belongings to poor people. How does that make us bad people? Do you have a convincing answer or are you gonna bullshit us again?

Everyday, in our religion, we LEARN to be good people. Cursing is even considered FORBIDDEN but it's not as enforced as terrorism or other terrible things.

We might also be involved in wars, but isn't almost every other country involved in wars, as well? Are we going to ignore that?
    "We are protecting our country! We have to be involved in wars!" is understandable.
    But "Omg, muslims are in war now? FUCKING TERRORISTS!" is not understandable.

Period.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
    KokichiOma and JackplaysMC like this.
  17. memelord

memelord

To call, a religiously bomber ill in the head is not to understand. Any person believes will what child to learn... this is how human ideas big and preserve culture strength... it is one great strong of the mind, this stubbornness. Terror is great evil, but maybe person who terror is not so evil but affected... but not wrong of brain because head the fine is working... it is so easy to make person into idea, when this is to kill the person, idea to replace.

SirNugget likes this.
  18. Xad

Xad ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Obviously didn't read my post fully.

19. memelord

memelord

No , please explain why not to read?

20. Safoya

Safoya

Minecraft:
    basicallysaf
    that's disgusting