[Guide] Simple Tips & Tricks

Discussion in 'One In The Chamber' started by SLVSHPANDA, May 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SLVSHPANDA

SLVSHPANDA Custom Title Donator

Minecraft:
    DiviXion
    First note I have to say is that I will be adding more quick tips and tricks when I get the chance to.

So I have been playing OITC recently and I have realised how skilled I can get, even with horrible ping. So I'm going to start off with a few tips that you might want to use during games. Practice them and you might get better.

Please note that I am not even close to being the best so if you're already skilled at OITC, ignore this whole guide and just make me look like a fool. Not literally.

So I present you my tips & tricks!
    Tip 1 - Never hold your Bow for too long
    I hold my reasons for this one. So you have your bow drawn back and you're just standing there/moving extremely slowly.
    The largest problem you face is that anyone has a simple and clear shot at you. You're an easy target so that's why you want to move around as much as possible. This brings me to my next tip.

Tip 2 - Move as much as possible
    It might not seem as big of a tip but it's much more useful than you might think. Moving around is probably the best way to avoid flying arrows and it makes you a much harder target to hit with ranged attacks. Also, you can get people with surprise attacks if they're chasing you...

Tip 3 - Use F5 whenever you can/need
    Press F5 twice and you see behind you. It's extremely useful in cases in which you need to check if anyone's behind you without slowing yourself down.
    Although, do not stay for too long because you might hit a block or you don't see what's ahead of you.

Tip 4 - Circle enemies
    In melee, attempt to circle your enemies. You can circle them fully but it isn't a smart technique. The best way to circle is do quarter circles or semi-circles because it allows more motion for you and your enemy will have a harder time hitting you.

Tip 5 - Don't always fully draw your bow
    If someone is close to you and you are not in the mood for melee, you do not need to draw your bow to full charge. All you need to do is charge it up a bit (like bowspam) and shoot. It will take less time but you will be able to hit your target.

Tip 6 - Be wary of enemies when you spawn
    React quickly when you spawn in because there's that slim chance that an enemy will be in front of you or nearby. Sometimes they don't notice you and that gives you a free kill (basically). If they do see you, tip 5 is good for you.

Tip 7 - Melee when you can
    If you are certain that you are able to murder someone brutally and quickly with your sword, then do it. You want as much as arrows as you can without wasting them on useless opponents. It will come in handy when you really need it most.

Tip 8 - Kill Steal
    Frustrating move for most people but it's a great tactic. Kill stealing is an easy way to annoy the heck out of the person who did the work and the best part is that you can kill them too! Just be careful that you don't end up being the ping pong ball...

Tip 9 - Strafe
    Strafing is like zig zagging your opponents. You have 0 arrows and you're charging at him/her while they have their bow drawn. Move left to right (diagonally obviously) and attempt to dodge that bullet. Get them in a combo (if possible) and destroy them.

Tip 10 - Have good settings
    If you have a horrible PC/laptop, get Optifine (if not done yet) and change it to the minimum settings so you don't lag as much. This will drastically increase your performance in PvP and in other aspects.

Tip 11 - Listen to Music
    It might help for some but not for others. See how this works by listening to your favourite music because it gives you the adrenaline to keep going and go hard!

Tip 12 - Peripheral Vision
    Use your peripheral vision on the screen to see what's going on on the left and right side of you. Concentrate and know when opponents are going to attack you from which side and predict when. Helps a lot but remember, don't focus too much or you'll end up losing focus on where your crosshair is pointing at.

Remember guys, I will be adding more later on but right now, I'm tired so yeah! Hope this guide helps :)

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  2. KittyGoddess16

KittyGoddess16 The Goddess of Kittens

Im gonna go kill someone with these tips thanks.

3. kinghakaka

kinghakaka Bowsweat- Trickshotter #Veracity- 1500 Subs

Minecraft:
    Hakaka & Feyenoord
    nice dude i uploaded a lot of tips too i will make a new tread about it again if i can find it anyway this are a lot of good tips

4. SLVSHPANDA

SLVSHPANDA Custom Title Donator

Minecraft:
    DiviXion
    Added 2 more tips!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.