Factions.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Candymashien, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Candymashien

Candymashien

Hi, I'm Candy some of y'all might know me from factions map 1 up until recent. I used to play this like crazy and I can't be the only one since it was pretty much full everyday. Almost everyone that played definetly still has a thought of what it was and what it could have continued being and people most definetly would play agian if it wasn't dead. The faction server currently is averagely around 1-5 players and max 100 first month of the map reset. I think we can all tell that is really bad in terms of players and I'm gonna list a bunch of reasons below why ( from my point of view ).

1. Firstly a big reason why a lot of people stopped playing is because the minimum payouts that are being sent because the server is low population. My suggestion for this is offer a bigger payout for one map and from there just spread the rumour and watch as players come and people buy ranks etc. The server has a bunch of people on atleast first month of the reset until they get raided/get bored of lack of pvp. I would agree with anyone that tell me the server does good on map reset because it truly does, and this is another problem caused by lack of players and time to play as it offers nothing.

2. Another huge reason why people stopped playing is the playout now. Let me explain. Back then when the servers were flooded, people would have to grind so much to get going for pvp. Now getting ready to fight is just grinding for an hour+ for a bunch of custom enchants which completly ruin the skill based part of the game. My suggestion for this is to completly remove everything that you tried to to do modernize the server, as in custom enchants, mcmmo plugin and just the newer feel plugins such as /shop command, trench pickaxe, purchasable crate etc. (another thing I'm going to include here is bring stuff back for nostalgia, for example top of nether, old spawn etc.) Another thing I'd like to mention here is make everything harder to get and accomplish such as removing genbuckets and schematica.

3. Now, about the warzone. Even though the koth's take part into the "modernizing" of the server, I think they are a decent idea but should be reduced. Here is what I mean by that. Right now the koth's are daily which I think is too much. What I recommend with the koth's is to make them more rewarding for winning one and harder to get (increase time maybe to 10 minutes.). By making them more rewarding you should also make them either weekly or monthly.
    Another thing about warzones is the outposts, I feel like they destroy the currency of the game and are quite a bad idea because all people do is get outposts and then go spawn and if they get a message in chat about the outpost, they go there fight them and the cycle continues. I feel like outposts should be removed or modified and what you should focus on with the warzone, is the actual fights IN the warzone, the same it was before, when people stood at warzone and all the stacked factions were camping on top waiting for somebody to drop down.

4. In my opinion another big thing about the currency system is the spawners. They are obviously a great idea, spawners and farms, but I think it should be harder to get the spawners in order for the currency system to slow down. Another thing that is definetly a must do is doing an unban for every player, this alone would increase popularity of the server. Also more rewards just be recieved not for just events scattered around. What I mean by this is the top kills leaderboard. Sure it is an achievement but it should have some sort of rewards maybe money or geart at certain kill marks for example 1000 gets a prize and so on.

5. The staff team. I feel like the staff team for this server is inactive, and I can't be the only one. If any of these ideas would get taken into consideration, a stricter staff team would be better and what I mean by that is inactivity to take away your staff accesses faster because people who sign up for staff should assume this automatically.

6. Mostly what I've mentioned with this thread is the server is currently dead and you can't disagree with that and I think this would be a great idea in order to revive it. Another thing I did not mention was the fact that this server should be advertised more possibly on social media biggest probably being youtube and how you could advertise just your server is playing more on it therefore a lot of youtube fans that don't play the actual server would join.

This is everything I've had to say and I hope not only staff, but players take a minute of their time to read this and I hope atleast partially would take part in the next reset of the map.

This is just my opinion I know a lot of people might not agree with me especially with bringing back the old original vibe of the server.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    RazorOG, Alperen_, GANk and 4 others like this.
  2. _Tigeripac_

_Tigeripac_ Tigeripac

Minecraft:
    Tigeripac
    I like it, especially the removal of those OP custom enchants. Just my opinion. :p

3. Candymashien

Candymashien

Thanks for reading it first of all and yeah I completly agree and I think I should have probably put more accent on removing those they are really annoying.

jaga and _Tigeripac_ like this.
  4. _ItsLewis_

_ItsLewis_ Lewis Donator

Minecraft:
    _ItsLewis_
    Interesting post man, I would love to see how people respond to this.

_Tigeripac_ likes this.
  5. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Spectating Mom Extraordinaire ~ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    From an ADHD reader standpoint, this is just a block of text. I normally don't bother reading these because of my ADHD brain cannot process. It is seriously difficult for me to read. I think it's great that you put the time and effort into this post but I'm going to give you a few suggestions to make sure it gets read. It's nice that you numbered things. You might want to make paragraphs to break things up. Maybe insert some italics or bold in places.

GANk and _ItsLewis_ like this.
  6. Candymashien

Candymashien

Ok thank you for the tips and most importantly thank you for taking your time to ready it!
    --- Post merged ---
    Thanks dude, also thank you for reading it.

7. Ezzerland

Ezzerland Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    Any custom enchant that impacts pvp should probably be removed, sure, I can agree with that.

Slowing down the economy scale makes raiding more profitable, and sure, I could probably get behind that.

Making KOTHs more profitable is probably best done by leveraging the things you want to remove and re-implementing them into the KOTHS so that KOTHs have content that is desired. Having less KOTHs isn't necessary if people are able to fight/compete in them. They don't like KOTH now because dealing with custom enchants in big fights for little reward isn't worth it.

Anything that makes building a base easier and therefore allowing you to focus on competition and not spending a week just to clear rocks (trench, gen buckets, etc), very obviously need to stay. No one wants to spend an entire week clearing out a spot to build a base. No one wants to spend 10+ hours building a cannon to raid their enemy. They want these things to happen quickly so that they can spend their time doing what is profitable - fighting in KOTHs and Raiding.

Witha, ZakMuir, GANk and 2 others like this.
  8. Candymashien

Candymashien

[
    Thank you for taking time to read my suggestion

I'm glad you agree about the custom enchant impact on pvp being negative aswell as the whole economy idea. And one thing I put my idea behind while writing about the gen buckets and trench pickaxes was the fact that I thought maybe players would put in more time to stay on the server and feel like it would be more of an achievement when they've finished their base, but I think I've changed my mind since you're right, getting the base done faster would make everything faster paced. Agian thanks for reading my suggestion.

GANk likes this.
  9. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Spectating Mom Extraordinaire ~ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    Thanks for making the paragraphs, it made it so much easier to read. But I'm going to address this point. I cannot speak for other staff members, but I lived on factions. Up until payouts stopped and it died, then I went on other parts of the server. If I'm not in the tab list I'm usually online and in spectate. If I'm not in game, a lot of players will message me on discord when there are issues and I come online. Keep in mind staff is a volunteer not paid position. Some players work, have school or other obligations offline.

GANk likes this.
  10. Candymashien

Candymashien

Yeah I understand the staff is a volunteer, I phrased it wrong in my initial thread what I wanted to say is the staff team should be divided more equally in terms of eu to us times as there are usually a lot more staff members online at us timezones. Also thanks for the tips agian will take in consideration when making new threads.

11. Cliqi

Cliqi

I disagree with the whole “Current Payout Rewards Being To Low” a factions Map on J&H is 6 weeks long. And they pay $50 for Ftop #1
    That’s $300 per factions Map. J&H as obviously everyone can see does not have many players, meaning not much income. The server could not take such a risk in highering the Payouts and having to then pay out of pocket. <— This is obviously just my opinion, I think the current payouts are good.

12. Chosen

Chosen Cool Mod+ Donator

Server is too small for bigger payouts, no point in increasing it, PvP wise, once McMMO gets to a point it's really unfair.

For example Axes, a 30 second fight you're already switching sets/dead depending on what you have. Not really fun.

Most factions just end up really mining spawners and placing for payout, there might possibly be a way to make it more fun where we make spawners stay a few days before payout to encourage more players to be active and more raids etc. Just my opinion though, open to more!

GANk and Candymashien like this.
  13. Candymashien

Candymashien

Well In my opinion the server is partially dying because of the payouts and what I said in my suggestion was to try it out for a map reset, maybe increase it once and more players will come therefore the profit will be bigger. (also a good idea would probably be to increase the map duration for the map they'd do this in if they would) I understand this is just your opnion though, no hate, thank you for reading my thread!
    --- Post merged ---
    Yeah I personally think it's quite a good idea to increase the spawners time untill they come in f top because as you mentioned it is a bit broken to be unraidable and have the spawners in your echest and just place them on reset day! Also another thing I'd like to mention is if the payout increases for one map and maybe the map would last longer, It'd be a big annoucment on the forums and discord and the rumours will spread out, therefore more people will hear about it and come to play, (that's just my point of view). Thanks for reading my suggestion!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    GANk likes this.
  14. _Tigeripac_

_Tigeripac_ Tigeripac

Minecraft:
    Tigeripac
    They could make it so a faction loses a lot of their value when they mine their spawners, or is this already a thing on J&H. I know a lot of faction servers use this. This will also prevent factions from just mining their spawners overnight so they can't be raided.

15. jaga

jaga saadihsan

(Approved by MC_Scout)
    +1

+1 "Modernizing" the server just made it more like other servers and made it worse imo. I think a lot of people played JnH over other factions servers because Jnh Facs is much more unique. Custom Enchants and MCMMO and that shit just makes thinks more complicated, boring, and unbalanced. I would say half the time I killed someone in facs, if they had at least one God set and axe/sword, they would rage quit. Plus, I usually only carry one p4u3 set with no custom enchants, and I could not fight for a minute even without having to fix my armor or trap. Plus, people who have such OP armor feel like they lose a lot more when they die and that's also partially why I think a lot of people refrain from PvP. They do not want to die with their godly stuff so they try to play it very safe and avoid any risk, reducing PvP and making it more boring. Maybe a couple enchants like speed 2 or Haste can stay which most people have no problem with.

+1

+1 the ratio of staff:players is too high. Plus, I feel as though many of them do not care that much about being staff. Like I see them handing out bans and warnings recklessly or saying stuff that would probably not be acceptable in the past. <-- just my opinion

Also, this is a little bit separate from factions but kinda connected, but I feel like a lot of people who have played factions that are banned. Maybe do another reset ban wave like 1-2 years ago to try to jump up the player count again? (but keep blacklisted players banned obviously). A lot of Factions players like RazorScythe, JJDW9 or JJWD9, Gyptian, and Aussi. This might be an unpopular opinion but banning people like these few also makes their friends quit, especially when they are perm bans. I'd personally rather play in a server of 100 people where 10 hack than a server of 25 people with no hackers. (You can also exclude factions where people hack from payout, but reducing hacking bans to 30 days or something instead of perm so it discourages them from hacking, but does not completely remvoe them from the server for it)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    GANk and Candymashien like this.
  16. Candymashien

Candymashien

Yeah I personally think it's quite a good idea to increase the spawners time untill they come in f top because as you mentioned it is a bit broken to be unraidable and have the spawners in your echest and jus
    Thanks man for reading my post and I'm glad you agree with my thread just gonna say unbanning would be a great idea and another thing i forgot to mention in my suggestion was about passive custom enchants which are not that bad like you mentioned speed/haste/night vision etc.
    Also another thing we should focus on in my opinion is advertisement of the server towards new players too, as the old player base was huge and a lot of people heard of this server, I think making more videos on the server would help with the player count, agian just my opinon.
    Also I like the fact that you mentioned the unban wave that would be nice and would definetly make tons of people come back to the server by itsself.

Agian thanks for reading my post hope more people will too.

GANk and jaga like this.
  17. creeper1561

creeper1561 Donator

1. Payouts depend on server income, so they cant really change that
    2. Most of the custom enchants at this point in time are balanced except for a few of the weapon ones. People never had to work hard to make sets when they were p4ub3. I specifically remember leaving sets from kills on the ground because taking it was just a waste of my time. The custom enchants make it so that gear has more value, which yes it does make people pvp less but it also makes it so that its actually worth pvping. Mcmmo should be removed or capped at the very least. Brining back the nether will just encourage unclaimed bases and less base building.
    3. The big issue with koth is the crates. The crates feel very unrewarding and quite useless tbh. Everything in the crate has no value beyond day 2 or 3 of factions. They need to bring back exclusive koth crate items such as the Magic Sponge or Alive bush, but have them do something other than knockback.
    Outposts have been one of the things that bring pvp to the warzone, as warzone doesnt have anything else to offer. Outpost gives an incentive to actually participate in pvp since factions with outpost can progress faster and make more money.
    4. Making spawners cost more just depends on the economy, and taxing the player for mining spawners will help keep spawners up. Unbanning all is a very risky idea. It could bring back a lot of players yes, but most of them hack which is really annoying. I remember having to fight factions full of hackers and it really sucks. Kills leaderboard also shouldnt get payout unless they find a way to fix the alt farming.
    5. better staff is a must i agree
    6. Jerry and harry have both said that any non build battle video does extremely bad and they have tried it before with little success. Unless we have other more popular youtubers playing on the server it wont grow.

18. Candymashien

Candymashien

Well I'm gonna start of with this, don't talk about cheaters when you've cheated on the server in the past don't try saying u haven't cause we both know you have(I'm not meaning to say this in an offensive way). Also I'm not sure you read the replies of some people because they covered some of the stuff u said here.

The payouts could be sent out not only on server income they could take a risk and I know it's a pretty high risk for them so I wouldn't judge if they didn't take that into consideration.

One thing that's very annoying to anyone that's either good at pvping or just a pvper in general, is the fact that custom enchants are broken. You can't say they are balanced at all besides the passive ones. People like to pvp and they won't have a ton of sets like you did because you farmed a lot because there's no way u leave custom enchant sets on the ground unless u farm like crazy or it's the reset. You could say custom enchants make gear more valuable but in my opinion factions is mostly about 2 things that bring entertainment which are pvping and raiding. If a thing slows down pvp, it isn't good. And sets will always stay valuable because you can always be better geared with just normal p4 ub3/depthstrider/featherfalling sets. The more gaps u have the more you will live if you have enough SETS to replace your armor, considering if u kill someone that had a stack of gapples and 4 sets on them it will be balanced between valuable items and a lot of pvp.

Now you mentioned nether will encourage unclaimed bases and less base building. As Ezzerland stated, which is a very obvious answer, anything that makes bases be built faster let's you pvp/raid faster which is what players want, they don't want to spend 50 hours on a base. (Ezzerland really changed my opinion about this because I mentioned gen buckets and trench pickaxes being removed, but I think it's smart if they stayed in for the reasons listed above.)
    Also nether would be a fun thing for nostalgia especially top of nether.

I won't cover koths here because Ezzerland did in his reply and he did a pretty straight forward explination about how custom enchants ruin the want to pvp for a lower reward from crates.(The only thing I'd say here is maybe some exclusive 1% items from koth would be nice.)

About outposts, if you've played IJAH for a long time you'd understand that pvping in the actual warzone was the most fun thing to do. People would just wait for someone to drop down than 3+ factions would jump and it would be an amazing fight which I think is more fun than having to sit on a capping stand and hoping for people to come. I think most pvp right now comes from koths anyways, as for outposts people just wait for you to get offline and then just take them not a lot of people fights there often. (A reason for people not fighting there often is the fact that they are nearby the wilderness and people just run to traps.)

Outposts making the game faster is good and it's a smart thing, but I just feel like they influence less people around the warzone and just people waiting for the current holders of it to get offline so they can claim it, so that's why I feel like outposts aren't the best thing. (Just my opinion!)

I think it's a good idea, taxing players for mining spawners maybe a really high amount would be nice, less people would just keep them in enderchests, but another thing about mining spawners, this completely ruins raids, so I've thought about this and a good solution in my opinion would be for when you place the spawners agian they would offer less money progressively, as in the /f top money.

About the top kills leaderboard I think a fix they could do for killing alts is kills in your claim don't count that would help a little and maybe something made around kills not counting if you kill the same person for an hour duration if you've killed them 3-5 times.(I'm not sure if this can be done but maybe kills not counting for killing people on the same ip as your previous kill, but this could get obnoxious because maybe there's two friends playing from the same house, so I'm not sure if something around this could work.)

I think staff should be more exclusive and harder to obtain even though it's a voluntary, as saad mentioned, punishment for staff should be different, as some people don't really care for their rank.

Now to talk about the unban all, if they would import some of these ideas into their server they would definetly need an unbanall. I don't think there will be hacking factions, to be honest in all my years of IJAH factions, I don't think I've ever ran into a whole faction cheating. (besides like 2 man/3 man factions.)

Now I know I'm not a youtuber and I'm not in a place to talk about Jerry and Harry's youtube channel and I hope I haven't offended them about talking advertising, but I think they could pull of a really entertaining series to watch on the actual server that would also make people want to play, maybe even variety. I think a faction series would be fun and it would help immensly with the population of the server and variety, for example playing KitPvP or their new hub like OITC. Agian I know this isn't my place to talk about it.

Everything above is just my opinion!.!

Thanks creeper for reading my suggestion and thank you more for replying!.

GANk, jaga and _Tigeripac_ like this.
  19. jaga

jaga saadihsan

Perfectly said. PvP is the most exciting and engaging part of Factions. Ever since CEs were added, PvP has been in a decline. It's kind of sad too because a lot of times when I was on recently, I would literally see people beg for someone to come and fight them in warzone, but no one wants to risk losing their sets so no one is pvping. I remember in the past, people would literally jump in other people's traps and it would be an all out fight which was so fun. CEs ruined pvp. It helps those who are rich instead of those who are skilled.

A lot of people are banned for dumb reasons like this:
    https://i.gyazo.com/5421aa963703f33959893b650f7e5e4e.png
    ^ My friend Zerofan3 got banned for statistic manipulation and then literally quit the game, even though it was a 10 day ban. I think the ban system is wayyyy too strict right now too. Hacking bans should be 30 day and not perm. And everyone knows Zerofan3 is legit (because he was so bad at pvp and easy to drop <3).
    RazorScythe and JJWD9, both of whom have been playing JnH since like map 1, got banned recently for hacking and they quit instead of buying unbans. People buy unbans and that is revenue for the server but imo, the server probably loses more than they gain from banning people, especially permanently. I think the old and more lenient banning system should be brought back, but you should still be able to buy unbans.

Sure, unbanning everyone could bring more hackers into the game, but JnH anti-cheat on kitpvp is really good and i think they can add that on factions too. Personally, I've never had a problem killing hackers. I've killed you and Jovan many times, in fact. They are annoying to go up against, but you can always record and report them, trap them, or using magic tricks like I do to kill them. You can just outsmart them (and some, like potatoe's sidekick, jovan, and creeper, are so easy to outsmart), and I've genuinely never had a big problem dealing with hackers, even while I was unbanned. I do think excluding them from payout is good incentive to prevent them from hacking.

My point is, under the current rules and the way factions is played, it's just not working. Factions dies quickly, people quit, and everyone is always complaining. Instead of trying to slam down ideas that could change this by saying stuff like "It's too risky" or "I'm benefitting from the current system since I always win payout so we should not change anything", we should try them.

Candymashien likes this.
  20. Ezzerland

Ezzerland Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    Cheating and getting a 10 day ban is a dumb reason and too harsh? Oof. Maybe playing "legit" is too much to ask for.

I'll try any change that has quality logic behind it. If the idea is flawed and the logic is sound, I'll even invest the effort to modify the idea to match the logic.

For example, there is a suggestion above about staff should be more exclusive and harder to obtain and staff should be dismissed faster etc. The logic here is to have a stronger staff structure to support the players, but the logic is flawed. Staff is already so hard to get that we have a very limited team. If you want more staff to support the server, we'd need to start accepting people we may have ignored in order to give them a chance at a staff spot they haven't earned. If we made it harder, we'd literally not have staff. If we cut the staff and treat them harsher, we eliminate the small team we already have over silly reasons like not punishing enough players. What kind of environment do you think that encourages?

Anyways, keep the ideas flowing. I will soak up anything worth trying.

GANk, Candymashien and _ItsLewis_ like this.