[Factions] Invincibility Glitch

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by yoloatore, Aug 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yoloatore

yoloatore Donator

Name: ohaitrans
    Server: Factions

Glitch:
    If you are enemied to a faction and attack them within their claim, they will usually be invincible. Not sure how to reproduce, but I've only ever experienced this with Prot 4 armour.

2. joethebowl

joethebowl When you see a good move, look for a better one.

Please be more clear. I will try to help you. They should NOT be invincible in their claim if you enemy them! :)

3. cingle

cingle Donator

Minecraft:
    Cingle
    Errr maybe was it because in your territory you deal 30% more damage?

PyromancerMagic likes this.
  4. Spykill3r

Spykill3r

This isn't a glitch, its just 30% dmg reduction.
    It really looks like that specified person won't die, but he does receive dmg.

30% is quite a lot, so being in your territory gives you a bigger advantage then your foe.

You won't deal more dmg in your territory, you will receive dmg reduction tho.

cingle likes this.
  5. ZZTheNinja

ZZTheNinja Yass Donator

Minecraft:
    ZZTheNinja
    Yes it is way to op as well. Every time you hit the enemy 30% of the damage that they would have felt doesn't count so when they should be at 0 hearts they are at 3. I died with op armor while fighting a iron guy. :/

Hellotoyou and cingle like this.
  6. joethebowl

joethebowl When you see a good move, look for a better one.

Yep! Not a bug! This can be locked! =)

7. yoloatore

yoloatore Donator

It is definitely a bug. I've been afk with some guy attacking me, armour starts breaking and still no damage done at all. Potions seem to do damage properly though.

8. yoyomana

yoyomana Wlel Nown Membirr

Ive had this happen to me when the server was very laggy and i was attacking someone in their claim.

9. yoloatore

yoloatore Donator

Doubtful this is lag related.

10. ZZTheNinja

ZZTheNinja Yass Donator

Minecraft:
    ZZTheNinja
    It looks like you are either post farming or trying to be a staff member because you keep making unnecessary posts like this. The staff will close this when it is right and clearly people are still disguising things.

Rila, Shadow_Folf and YehFrost like this.
  11. Skynet39

Skynet39 I Don't 1v1 in Factions Don't ask me, Thanks.

I only clicked this just so I can see how I to become invincible :D, but no its not a bug.

12. yoloatore

yoloatore Donator

Complete invincibility is a bug. There is no reason to say this is not a bug.

Incorrect. They do not take any damage.

13. ZZTheNinja

ZZTheNinja Yass Donator

Minecraft:
    ZZTheNinja
    This is way to op. I had my friend test this with a sharpness V sword when I had Prot 2 on. Also I was not hacking in the video if you press F3 and b at the same time it does that. xP

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  14. RocWolfe

RocWolfe Roc | A Shot in the Dark Donator

Minecraft:
    PoisonedShadows | LivingOnAPrayer
    Here's the thing, they could have a beacon, resistance potions and really good armor along with that 30%, also certain people that may seem like that could actually be hacking, so I'd say its hard to label this a a bug.

Here is proof that @ZZTheNinja isn't hacking: http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/144in3/til_that_pressing_f3_b_toggles_white_hit_boxes/

15. yoloatore

yoloatore Donator

He had his friend test it, I'm pretty sure his friend would know those conditions were present. Also, I've experienced this many times myself, and I know I didn't have resistance or a beacon. There is no damage reducing hack that works on ItsJerryandHarry. In the video, ZZ only has Prot 2. I've been able to be invincible even after my armour broke, so this certainly is a bug.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  16. RocWolfe

RocWolfe Roc | A Shot in the Dark Donator

Minecraft:
    PoisonedShadows | LivingOnAPrayer
    Trans, do you yourself have proof of this happening even without armor? And I do agree, if they had a beacon or potions and you had particles on then you would be able to tell.

17. ZZTheNinja

ZZTheNinja Yass Donator

Minecraft:
    ZZTheNinja
    Also I went in my inventory and I had no potion effects so how could I have resistance?

Anyone see that I get spammed "Enemy damage has been reduced by 30%."?
    Also Roc I will test that later, but yes as the armor breaks I think your still invincible, but if you start of with no armor you are not invincible because you start off with 100% damage.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  18. Andior

Andior

Protection 4 is also 80% reduced damage (i think, prot 5 is 100%, it's sometimes used by mapmakers). That is really good armor. Really good.

19. TheGrapeWarrior

TheGrapeWarrior

If this is a problem they need to get it fixed quickly!

20. Durske

Durske The Dolphinator

Minecraft:
    Durske
    Guys, we're talking about 30% and not about the invincibility glitch. It's most likely a client-sided glitch, logout and back in and you'll be able to see the person. The 30%? Sure, it might be OP. But, that's the factions plugin. If you think it's OP, then don't attack them when they're in their claimed land. Now, let's keep going on-topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.