Bring back prisonMMO as a legacy gamemode?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by vlinderman, Aug 12, 2019.

?

What does everyone think about this?

1. Great idea! I loved the prisonMMO.

33.3%
  2. I don't want it to come back.

58.3%
  3. other?

8.3%
  1. vlinderman

vlinderman

I know a good amount of people that really loved the old prisonMMO I myself played it 24/7 and would love to see it come back maybe as a legacy game mode I think there would be a lot of people coming back to the server too. I really want it to come back because I liked it so much and I think it would also help the server out a lot. Even with the same map and same features as it had before I think this would be a great thing to be added back to the server.

killergotrekt likes this.
  2. Trevor

Trevor Donator

Minecraft:
    Trrevor
    PrisonMMO was made in to the Prison that you see today.

3. Snakehammer19

Snakehammer19 An Adult with Mediocre Talents Donator

Minecraft:
    Snakehammer19
    There were not a lot of people playing the game. It was removed due to the attention it got. Also, who are these "good amount of people"?

"Legacy" would be another way of saying a dead game. Why have dead games take up space if not a lot of people are going to play them? That's like having over gigabytes worth of untouched items.

A lot of people came back with the recent updates that came to the current minigames. Over 250+ players were on the server at the time of some of the updates. Some people just stop playing Minecraft or this server and just move on to others things.

Please tell me how this will indeed "help the server out a lot". They can't bring back a minigame because 1 out of a large number of people want it back. The sentence, "I really want it to come back because I liked it so much.", does not show how it would help the server out in any case.

That's like a total step in reverse. This would mean the same problems may or will occur and the same attention will be received which will cause that same game to be removed again from the network for the second time. Again, you may say this is a great thing to add back but not really explaining how it will help the growth.

In short terms, disagreed.

It was replaced with "Prison" as stated above and by ItsHarry.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    Ahmeet, ItsHarry, Smith and 1 other person like this.
  4. vlinderman

vlinderman

Well its by removing games like this that you killed the server. A lot of people don't like the new updates and the rest just plays for the payouts.
    --- Post merged ---
    and the prison right now is also dead
    --- Post merged ---
    And legacy don't means dead it means it needs updates but the staff crew on this server doesn't want to do any work for it and idk why because it was a great game with many players but just got old and needed a revamp.
    --- Post merged ---
    250+ players isn't that much compared to how it used to be. and people just don't like the new updates they want the payouts.

5. Hurricane2001

Hurricane2001 4 year server Veteran Donator

Honestly restarting prison or not. Is just an amazing idea. Doesnt matter if i get my levels back or not id still play

6. vlinderman

vlinderman

Or you could just get it back see how people react and how many players there are.
    Because the server is dying and idk about you but I really don't want that to happen.

Hurricane2001 likes this.
  7. Snakehammer19

Minecraft:
    Snakehammer19
    Yeah, removing a game like PrisonMMO that had hardly any players on it killed the server. You're very correct! People totally do not just eventually get tired of Minecraft. It was just the minigames. Like the few minigames already that were considered "Legacy games" and removed. That totally killed it.

There are more than 10 people on it "right now". There are less people on other minigames. So by that logic, would those minigames be accounted as dead as well?

^ Look at this reply

If the game has hardly any players on it and soon turns into a consistent 0 players, why would it be kept running? Again, like I stated before, that's wasting space. Doesn't every game get old at some point? Also, revamping does not always help.

Tell me then, how many people used to be here? I'm curious tell me. Also, you say "people just don't like the new updates", but if you check the News section on the forum, you'll see there are quite a number of people who enjoy the updates. Some of those people who play on here don't use a forum account so they enjoy it ingame. There are things people don't like it about it, but don't hate the full update. So by saying that people do not like the updates, you are wrong.

So add it back to let it go back to be removed again? That's a great idea! Wasn't something like this somewhat done with UHC? You see what happened there? Idk about you but it was bound to happen.

You still didn't explain how this would benefit the server. I'll wait.

ItsHarry, Smith and ItsJerry like this.
  8. Soso

Soso Thanks for reporting! /c Donator

Minecraft:
    SosoTheOrange
    If they were to add PrisonMMO they might as well bring them all back but there is obviously a cost to keep them up and if no one plays them then no point

9. vlinderman

vlinderman

Snakehammer first of all whats your problem? second of all they killed it by removing games like survival and prisonmmo and revamping could have possibly saved the server there used to be way more people playing this. The staff and jerry and harry themselves are just to lazy to do anything about it. right now they need to add payouts to keep the last 200 people to come back online every now and then. I'm sorry but this server is dead because the people that own it don't care about doing anything about it. and with me saying this they are gonna get mad cos I'm telling the trueth and probably kick me or something. Also if jerry and harry made youtube videos about the server too it would bring a lot of people with them and server would also be more popular but bring back some of the games. Look at how much players there were at the beginning of prisonMMO and because the lack of updates people started to stop playing.
    --- Post merged ---
    people started playing farmking and prisonMMO because of the yt videos and probably a lot of players from other game modes too
    --- Post merged ---
    But yea I understand it if you don't want the server to come back to life idk if getting prisonMMO back would be very good but everything else is really bad right now eventually your not gonna be able to pay the payouts and the servers costs and it will die out.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  10. Snakehammer19

Minecraft:
    Snakehammer19
    Apparently, you haven't seen why they were removed in the first place even though I keep telling you. Wym save the server? Everyone leaves a server eventually and thats for even popular ones. Also I will tell you again: Revamping does NOT ALWAYS WORK. Why would they revamp dead minigames if they are going to remain DEAD?

How would you know they are "to lazy"? A few staff have contributed with both the owners to assist in the minigames you see today. Just because you don't actually see them ingame doesn't make them lazy. And even so, you need to see that they are not bots. They are humans too.

If they did not care about their server, you wouldn't see any updates, no fixes, or anything else. That logic is flawed. The server would have been deserted long ago if that was the case.

Telling the truth? How exactly have you told the truth in any of this? If they wanted to kick you, they would of done it a while ago. You're telling everything except that.

Wow like they totally didn't do that. Never thought about that one.

What yt videos? Majority of these people were already on the server when both of those came out. One died and one survived.

My problem right now is that logic you seem to keep expressing. Not yet have you given a good reason on how this update will HELP the server. This is mainly a personal request.

ItsJerry and ItsHarry like this.
  11. vlinderman

vlinderman

The server is just dead. if you don't see it then thats dumb. its just gonna die out even more. and popular severs work for it to be better everyday I don't see anything of that on this one.

12. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    Everyone sees it. What you fail to see is that every Minecraft server in the world is dying. This is not a problem uniquely ItsJerryAndHarry minecraft server.

And anyone who thinks bringing back Survival Games, Spleef, Sumo or PrisonMMO is going to revive this server is completely delusional

[​IMG]

Ahmeet and ItsJerry like this.
  13. ItsJerry

ItsJerry Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    how will bringing back a DEAD minigame possibly "save" the server lmao. literally had like 3 active players.

you are confusing the symptons and cause
    we removed the minigames because the server is dying. not we are dying because we removed the minigames.
    legacy section had literally less players than lobby while it has multiple minigames.

and sorry to call you out bro but snakehammer you were one of the most vocal people about survival reset and basically forced us to have the old world available too (2 servers) and guess what? no one played it. in fact no one had even realized we shut it down for 3 months

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    Ahmeet likes this.
  14. Turkeh

Turkeh

PrisonMMO was really bad idea for this server.