BRACES (CRIES)

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by YoshcraftMLG, Nov 27, 2014.

1. YoshcraftMLG

YoshcraftMLG E.T Sniper~ Actual Sandwich

Minecraft:
    Ezou
    alright, so I have to get braces on monday. I already have spacers in and they are a pain in the ass, but braces must be 10x as worse. So I need you guys to tell me what my orthodontist wont.

First off, do they require as much maintenence as they seem, and how bad is it if you dont brush every three seconds??

questions like those (not limited to, I would really like some ore information on what I should ACTUALLY eat and stuff ect. ect.)

Also, what colours should I get??

Please help me!!

2. YoshcraftMLG

Minecraft:
    Ezou
    @xMisfitCow can you move this to real lief stuff I messed up xD

3. jessie

jessie Donator

I moved it to the correct section.

Haruld, YoshcraftMLG and MisfittedCow like this.
  4. Superfrog

Superfrog Donator

Don't eat ice, try not to chew gum. I'd suggest the best thing to do is consult with your Orthodontist.

YoshcraftMLG likes this.
  5. Lastboy11

Lastboy11 k

Minecraft:
    MateItzAsher
    PIIIIINK!!!

YoshcraftMLG likes this.
  6. Bush

Bush dead account Donator

Ok, so I have braces, (wow shocker xD) and I will tell you some things you *may* want to know.
    1. They are not terrible, believe me, they make your teeth look awesome when they're over. (im getting them off VERY soon)
    2. You only have to brush twice a day, once in the morning, once at night. I do and I'm getting them off about 3-4 months earlier than expected.
    3. Do what they tell you. Don't try to rebel against your orthodontist and not do anything. The more you do what they want, the earlier you get them off.
    4. It's okay to be a little lenient on the "Don't eat/drink this" stuff. I drink soda, and eat popcorn with no regrets/problems at all.

That's pretty much it, but if I think of more, I'll make another post or edit this one. c:

P.S. Colors? Um I don't really know.... Hmmmm.... I'll tell you later when I think of them...

Mkay, bai :3

YoshcraftMLG likes this.
  7. teitan

teitan ‏‏‎ Donator

braces are not as bad as people make them out to be.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  8. Bl4ckThunder5

Bl4ckThunder5 #ClassicalMusicFTW

Minecraft:
    Bl4ckThunder5
    U no what's funny. I want braces even though my teeth is naturally straight.

YoshcraftMLG likes this.
  9. Kritt

Kritt Bored Donator

Minecraft:
    Kritt_
    Ok for me spacers were the worst part of braces. They hurt like hell, not gonna lie. Surprisingly, braces aren't that bad. They only are semi-painful the day after you get them tightened, and then they're fine. I had an oath appointment on Tuesday so they are a little sore, but not as bad as they were yesterday.

And yes I have to brush my teeth for 3 minutes every night and morning. (Like I do it xD)

Even though they say not to, I eat gummy and hard candies, but I do stay away from gum. When their off, I'm going to make my parents buy me a ton of packs xDD

YoshcraftMLG likes this.
  10. Netherr

Netherr Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Netherlasting/Netherr
    I hate spacers, good thing is after the experience with spacers, braces felt like nothing xD

YoshcraftMLG likes this.
  11. animalzzz

animalzzz Viking

Your teeth will be flawless afterwards, think about that

YoshcraftMLG likes this.
  12. JenDelRey

JenDelRey 。・゜☆ Jen ☆゜・ 。

Minecraft:
    mininghicken
    I got my braces off last year and I kind of miss them. They aren't that bad, the only bad part is getting them tightened. People say not to eat popcorn, drink soda, chew gum, but honestly I did all of that and I was fine. Make sure to brush your teeth a lot though or your breath will stank. And for the colors, I would get teal and white. For the first week or 2 you can only eat like yogurt and soft things or it will hurt like hell. Good luck!

YoshcraftMLG likes this.
  13. Deleted

Deleted Donator

Already got rif of them :D
    But it sucks

YoshcraftMLG likes this.
  14. JoeyGamePro

JoeyGamePro Uh Donator

Minecraft:
    JoeyGamePro
    Well, if you don't brush regularly, you'll get white spots on your teeth where your braces were when you get them off, so that's a thing. Plus, it's a pain in the ass to floss your teeth, especially since food gets stuck in there no matter what you eat. Also, when you go to get new wires or get them tighten, they hurt for a day or two, and as time goes on, you'll get used to them.

So yeah. It's kinda like hell in your mouth. ;-;
    But at least people with braces will look tots fab after they get them off. x3

YoshcraftMLG likes this.
  15. YoshcraftMLG

Minecraft:
    Ezou
    so far what I'm hearing is spacers are the worst part, and the braces aren't as bad. I'd assume you guys are right. Another thing is that I see alot of people with braces chewing gum IN CLASS (they could do it a bit quieter its really annoying) anyways, I might do blue red or green. Cool colours. Thank you all for the advice!!

16. Kritt

Kritt Bored Donator

Minecraft:
    Kritt_
    I've used light blue the past two times but just changed them to green for christmas. Tip: DO NOT DO RED AND GREEN!!! I think the red will turn to pink....

YoshcraftMLG likes this.
  17. YoshcraftMLG

Minecraft:
    Ezou
    thank you for that, I was actually thinking about it. ANd yeah, I plan to just do blue or green now.

Kritt likes this.
  18. Kritt

Kritt Bored Donator

Minecraft:
    Kritt_
    Nice choice :P

YoshcraftMLG likes this.
  19. nivels

nivels Donator

They aren't that bad but like what @mininghicken said, the worst part is getting them tightened. I got mine off when I was 14 and in that period of time, one of the brackets fell off twice and if that happens you have to get a new set of braces. Sometimes they can just glue it back on but in most cases you have to get a new set. Well that is what happened to me. Just try to avoid eating hard foods and the likes of apples and such.

JenDelRey and YoshcraftMLG like this.
  20. YoshcraftMLG

Minecraft:
    Ezou
    okay, thanks for the advice. And do any of you guys know if braces affect the way you talk at all?? Because I have a lisp and that is bad enough..