Are you this way too??

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by dollminded, Apr 2, 2016.

1. dollminded

dollminded ・.*+˚✧₊ Donator

Minecraft:
    halfeatenmochi
    So, this is about artist and their popularity.
    I'm like over protective over certain artists and
    think as if I'm the only one who know about them.
    I just get this mind set of,"mY PrECiOUs"

I'm this way with Melanie Martinez and Twenty One Pilots.
    Of course, I want to see them get more popular and have more fans.
    But... at the same time, I treat them as a special gem that is hidden and that
    I only know about because they're in a secret hiding spot. You know??

It honestly bothers me when new fans act as if they know everything about that artist
    as soon as they hear about them and I just get mad over it.
    Not to make this into a competition or anything but, I've been with Melanie since
    she was a smol bean on The Voice and I've known about TOP since Vessel.
    I get really agitated when new fans just take over your appreciation and admiration of that artist.

And yes, I do know I'm not the only one apart of the crybaby fanbase and skeleton clique.
    And I also know that I'm not going to be the only one who will like Melanie and Top.
    It just triggers me and gets on my nerves and I have no chill about it either.

Is anyone else this way or am I just an overprotective fan
    of people who will probably never know of my existence??​

2. vipa

vipa the hornace of death Donator

I've loved classic rock since I was very, very young, I dislike seeing people act like they know all about classic rock, when they don't even know who Jimi Hendrix is. I know what you feel, classic rock is a huge part of my childhood, and some people treat me like I know nothing about it and they know everything about it, it pisses me off. If people want to know more about classic rock, that's fine, but people shouldn't just disrespect the genre and the artists just to seek attention.

Emeritus_IV and dollminded like this.
  3. maymay

maymay Donator

Uh, yes.
    I tell my friends about my music, TØP, 5SOS, Melanie, Troye, Halsey, etc.
    Yes, they tried listening, yes they like them. That doesn't bother me. But what does bothers me is that they only know one song by them and they say they're a fan.
    You're completely missing the point of the word 'fan.' You can't just know one song, know only "my name is blurryface and I care what you think." And call yourself a fan. ThATS NOT HOW IT WORKS
    [​IMG]

katlynn, Disphxrial, Rob and 2 others like this.
  4. dollminded

dollminded ・.*+˚✧₊ Donator

Minecraft:
    halfeatenmochi
    SO TRUE LIKE, MOST PEOPLE DONT EVEN KNOW TROYE HAS AND STARTED WITH A YOUTUBE????????

maymay likes this.
  5. maymay

maymay Donator

exACTLY OMG THOSE PEOPLE AND THEY CALL THEMSELVES FANS UGGH

dollminded and Rob like this.
  6. mochi

mochi t̶̀h̶e̵ ̷̧͝c̵̨á̢t͘ Donator

other people like Melanie too
    other people are fangirling over her right now
    oops

To be honest, I think it's great when people are fans of any artist I like, because it means melanie that artist is getting more popular which they deserve.

Misjudgmentz and dollminded like this.
  7. teitan

teitan ‏‏‎ Donator

I like The Beatles
    I like The Monkees
    I like The Rolling Stones

To me, they're more like "precious rays of sunshine" and "cinnamon rolls" instead of "smol child" or "husbands" or even worse, "daddy" (come on now, all of them are old enough to be my grandfathers. even if i had my mind set on the 1960s versions of them, it would be almost like a 10 year age gap)

It's actually hard liking 50 year-old bands, even harder when you're like me, a 14 year-old female. People tend to not take you seriously when you tell them that you like the bands that I like, why? It's because you're a young female! They think you're just saying that just to "be cool" and to "fit in the crowd".

Plus it's actually kind of embarrasing when you see a kid about your age wearing a Beatles/Stones/or any other popular classic rock band and ask them "What is your favorite song from them?". Most of the time their response would either be "I don't listen to (band)" or "I wore this shirt because it looks cool". I don't get mad, unlike 99.9999% of the Beatles fandom, it just gives me second-hand embarrassment. lol (Beatle fandom kids get super pissy about anything. Thank God I don't consider myself a part of them anymore.)

And another thing too, there are some people that one listen to like one or songs and they automatically consider themselves a "fan". I know it really shouldn't tick me off, but at least dive in more into their musical catalog if you want to consider yourself a fan?

Anyway sorry for this wall (?) of text lol

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  8. magicxx130

magicxx130 kill me now pleas Donator

I'm sorry she offended you in any way but I guess we could say opinions arent allowed in this server !! ( @SaraBB ) Also don't call her stupid because she isn't.

stupid, katlynn, dollminded and 2 others like this.
  9. Disphxrial

Disphxrial Donator

Minecraft:
    Disphxrial
    Triggered

Rob, stupid, SerenadeOfStorms and 4 others like this.