WWE Royal Rumble and NXT Takeover San Antonion Predictions!

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Smg, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    Howdy there, my name is Smg. Today I bring you...
    My predictions and thoughts about the WWE Royal Rumble and the NXT Takeover San Antonio specials airing tonight and tomorrow.

As a wrestler, this stuff hypes me up. Like honestly, both of these cards are amazing. To top it off, the Royal Rumble match is probably the most unpredictable it has been in years. So many people could win it, and that's why I am here to discuss it all!

This will feature both of the events, the matchups for each event, and my predictions/thoughts about the entire match as a whole. My NXT discussion may be a bit rusty since I am just getting back into watching it, but I know enough to just talk about it. Also, if you are a wrestling fan, feel free to talk to me sometime. I rarely get the oppurtunity to talk to someone about this stuff, and I'd love to just discuss the sport.

Let's get into the discussion.

NXT TakerOver: San Antonio
    NXT may be called the developmental brand, but in reality it hosts some amazing wrestling/stories! Some of them even relate to the main roster, some even comparing. Each matchup will be listed in a spoiler alongside my predictions and thoughts about the match itself, Enjoy.
    This is one of those matches where I'm going to have a tough time talking about it since I have rarely seen these guys wrestle/etc.

Roderick is kind of newer than Almas to NXT, but again, I can definetely see Strong getting the win here. However, I believe that Andrade will pull out the win. I feel as they may be pushing this guy soon as a top level heel in the division, so why not start here.

I got a feeling this match will be good, but not 4-5 star good. I've barely watched these guys perform so I could be completely wrong.
    Ever since I have been seeing Eric Young perform a bit in NXT, I can see that something big is bound to happen. Same will Dillinger, but I feel as Tye will debut in the Rumble tomorrow so I got to give Young this win.

Just like the matchup above, I have rarely seen these men wrestle so my match rating prediction may be way off. Again, just like the match above I predict this will be good, but not great.
    This matchup is a fatal four way for the NXT Women's Championship. It has the duet of Royce/Kay, the champion Asuka, and the crazy Nikki Cross of SAnitY. This one is a bit harder to decide but I got to pick Asuka. I feel that she isn't ready to give the title up yet, to lose yet. She has been unstoppable and I feel as her loss should happen at TakeOver: Orlando during Wrestlemania weekend.

All these women have great talent so I predict this match to be one of the best of the night.
    Man, I have been waiting to talk about this one. This match-up is for Gargano and Ciampa's NXT Tag Team Championships. Both of these teams have done amazing things in NXT, especially the defending champions. Like, honestly, look at #DIY's track record in 2016. They erupted the scene of crusier-weights with their match at the CWC classic, had two Match of the Year candidates with The Revival, and they have just been unstoppable. Both of these men have terrific talent.

As for the Authors, they have been on a roll. Ever since they debuted last year they have been on a tear, beating people up, winning the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic, even more. They are monsters, and I can't wait to see them be called up.

As for my prediction, as much as I love #DIY, I got to give the Authors of Pain this win. I don't see them losing anytime soon, and I feel as this could spark a great feud with both of the teams.

My prediction for the match quality is that this will be, if not, one of the best matches of the night.
    This match..has GLORIOUS written all over it. Both of these men are fantastic in-ring performers, and this match will be nothing shy of perfection if everything goes well. Nakamura has been amazing in NXT; the guy is truly one of the greatest of all time.

This match will be one of the matches of the night, if not, like the match above. As for my prediction, I am honestly unsure. I could see both of these men winning, but..it's a hard choice. I just got to go with my gut and say Shinsuke will retain in an amazing, and glorious match.
    That's that for the NXT predictions, now time to move on to The Royal Rumble predictions/discussion.

WWE Royal Rumble 2017
    The card for the Rumble this year is stacked. Nothing more. With talents like Kevin Owens, Goldberg, Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker, Chris Jericho, Randy Orton, Dean Ambrose, and more, you're guaranteed to have a good show. Unless WWE somehow screws this up, I can honestly say that the Rumble this year will be one to remember.
    This match is between two clutch and dangerous women in the RAW Women's division. For weeks, Nia has been bullying Sasha around and now she wants revenge. my prediction for this match is Nia, as I don't see Sasha pinning Nia; heck, I don't see anyone pinning her until 'Mania.

I predict this match to be a bit shabby but get the job done.
    Honestly, why is this match on the kickoff show. I know, they need to fill time, but for real though..why.

This match-up is between the RAW Tag Team Champions Cesaro and Sheamus and The Club (Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson). Both teams have great talent, but the build-up has been a bit weird...
    I predict Cesaro and Sheamus to come on top. I don't think WWE is stupid enough to change a title holder on the pre-show.

I predict this match to be good, and to get the job done.
    This is one of those matches where they just put it together to get the Women something to do, which I am not a fan of. However, I am happy since Mickie is back.

I predict the Heels (bad guys) to come out on top, simply because this is James' first match back on the main roster. This match, in my opinion, will be good enough to get the job done. (Remember I am just predicting how "good" the match itself will be due to these superstars past performances).
    Just going to get to my prediction. I predict Neville to come out on top, winning the CruiserWeight Championship. It's his time to shine, and I feel as Neville being champ might be the thing to revive the division. Also, please have Galagher vs Neville and 'Mania ty

Just because of the talent these guys have, I say this will be a great match (if WWE gives them a proper amount of time to perform).
    Just got to say, the casual fan inside of me wants Bayley to win but I know Charlotte isn't losing. My prediction is for Charlotte to retain her Raw Women's Championship and to retain her pay-per-view streak.

Bayley is ready to be champion but I feel as..her time isn't here yet. I got a feeling that they want her or someone else to dethrone Charlotte and 'Mania, and finally defeating her pay-per-view streak. I predict this match will be great, as long as they are given the proper amount of time (I am saying this due to the Rumble obviously taking up the most time)
    This is one of those matches which pisses me off. Like honestly, the way that WWE are going on with this whole Roman Reigns situation just makes me mad.

The guy isn't a bad wrestler; in fact, he's really good. Just how they push him though, and I got this weird..horrible feeling that he's winning the title at the Rumble. No DQ, Jericho unable to help...I just hope that Braun doesn't win the Rumble to face Reigns at 'Mania. That'll just be a repeat of Lesnar vs Reigns, or Royal Rumble 2k15. If you don't understand, I highly suggest watching the 2015 Royal Rumble.

My gut prediction says Reigns but I somehow want to believe that Owens will retain, so I got to pick Owens. This is one of those predictions where I know who will win, but don't care if I get it wrong.

This match, in my prediction, will be good...I just hope that Reigns doesn't bury Kevin....
    This match is destined to be great. These guys are both hell of athlertes, and are both hella talented. Aj is the current champion, and John is looking to tie Ric Flair's record at 16 title reigns.

The potential this match has is insane. Just look at their previous bouts at Money in the Bank, Summerslam, etc. This is one of the harder matches to predict, and it's obvious why it is. Aj is a great champion, but I feel as Cena will finally tie Ric. My prediction is John Cena.

This match will be a MOTY contender, I guarantee.
    This is so hard to predict so bare with me.

So many guys could win, here are just some:
    • Chris Jericho
    • Braun Strowman
    • Brock Lesnar
    • Sami Zayn
    • The Undertaker
    • Goldberg
    • Baron Corbin
    • Bray Wyatt
    • Randy Orton
    Like, woahly!

All of these guys could win in their own rights, including possibly many more. That's why this is so hard to predict. I personally don't see Lesnar or Goldberg winning, mainly because they are already basically set-in-stone to fight at Wrestlemania. One of them could win when you think about it, but the other would have to somehow win the Universal Title.

Chris Jericho could win, and face his BFF Kevin Owens at 'Mania. They could have another falling out, this time for real. That match would be awesome.

Braun Strowman is just a beast, and he has every right to win.

Sami Zayn is the underdog, and hell, he could win.

Undertaker vs Cena/Owens/Styles/Reigns would be a great match, and a great way to possibly send him into the sunset.

Baron Corbin has been showing everyone his dominance lately, and he has a huge possibility of winning.

Bray and Randy have been rumored to be fighting at 'Mania for the WWE Title, so who knows.

This is one of the hardest predictions that I have ever made but my my pick..to win the Royal Rumble..is..
    Baron Corbin
    This guy is the future, he is a big guy, has a whole lot of talent. I can legitimately see him becoming the champion in due time. Other people could win as well, but I got a good feeling about him. I am so subject to be wrong, just due to how much talent this Rumble has. Corbin is one of my favorites/picks to win, and I hope that WWE doesn't screw the Rumble up as a whole.
    Well, that has been my predictions. Feel free to discuss my predictions and/or discuss any of the matches below, I'd love to talk about them. As always, please remember to stay positive, and have a good day.
    :)

2. ShaunPoppy830

ShaunPoppy830 Used To Be Poppy830 Donator

Minecraft:
    ShaunPoppy830
    Just a side note, how bout seth last night?!?!?!

Smg likes this.
  3. safoya299

safoya299 Donator

Minecraft:
    safoya299
    Smg likes this.
  4. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    I marked out so hard looool