Other Games Why I Hate / Quit TF2

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Chippy, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Chippy

Chippy

If you see my Steam profile, you can see that I last played TF2 in early June. Some people want to play TF2 with me / wonder why I quit, so here are my reasons:

1) You gotta be kidding me. You can only get cosmetics if you pay for the game *facepalm*
    2) Even thought it's a F2P, mostly everything you want in the game, you have to pay for it.
    3) All custom TF2 servers are completely gone
    4) Tour of Duty, it takes so long to join a game, and everyone who plays ToD is bad at TF2.
    5) Look at this:

"OMG YOU F**KING NOOB YOU HAVE NO COSMETICS"
    "I DON'T HAVE COSMETICS AND YOU SUCK LOL"

"YOU'RE USING THE BABY BLASTER LOL U SUCK"
    "I PWND YOU WITH BABY FACE BLASTER SUCK IT"

*kills someone with blackbox"
    "HACKER"

*someone kills me with blackbox"
    "LOL U SUCK HAHAHAHAHAHAAH"

*kills someone with Huntsman*
    "HACKER YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME DUDE"

*gets killed by Huntsman"
    "GET OWNED LOL YU SHOULD CRY YOURSELF TO SLEEP"

*kills enemy*
    "YOU STOLE MY KILL"

*earns drops*
    "WOW DUDE YOU GET DROPS BUT I DON'T!?!?!? F**K YOU BRO"

yaaaa…

6) Every server I go on:
    "HEY GUYS I'M TRADING ____ FOR ____ ADD ME"

7) The TF2 economy… PLEASE. The community runs the TF2 economy. In 10 years the Gibus could be the rarest item of all time

8) Everyone brags about their cosmetics, taking pictures of it… it gets annoying

9) Ever since hats were released, TF2 changed from a Cartoon FPS Game to a World Trade Center reserved for hats.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  2. Trollestia

Trollestia

I guess i'm lucky nobody complains about me when I play TF2...Maybe its because of my skills at it...Idk xd

3. Sailor Venus

Sailor Venus Meme Lord

Minecraft:
    Nature_1
    I don't play TF2 anymore because it's horribly slow on my laptop, and I also just lost interest in it :>

4. Spikegold

Spikegold Donator

Minecraft:
    ThrowingBricks
    F2Ps can get cosmetic drops, but they're EXTREMLY rare.

Fact: You can also get key drops! You might get an unusual and stop complaining :>

5. videogameguy128

videogameguy128 patriotic figure

Minecraft:
    VGG
    you're going on some weird servers then, because I've almost NEVER seen any of your examples you put there.

you don't have to pay over 10 cents to be premium, and from then on you can just trade up to whatever you want. and if you don't want to pay 10 cents then too bad :I you can get random drops from playing.

there's thousands of servers running with plenty of different gamemodes and maps. the only map you won't find often is tc_hydro. AND WHO EVEN PLAYS HYDRO?

I got into a ToD game in less than a couple minutes awhile ago. and not EVERYONE is bad at MvM... you really shouldn't play with random people in MvM anyways, you should invite 4 or 5 friends so that it's more fun and that you won't get random people who are completely new to the game but are in advanced MvM missions.

i've seen a few people say that someone is a noob because they don't have cosmetics, but i've almost never seen someone say "im better than u and I dont have hats"

refer to the first answer for the examples.

you're probably going on trade servers if people are trading. because most of the time when I go into pub servers I don't see anyone trading, I see people playing the game.

The last 2 I can sort of agree on x3

But the last one...
    No, there's still PLENTY of regular servers, competitive leagues, lobbies for practice, and probably more.
    if you don't like trading, don't go on servers that have the word "trade" or "idle" in them. problem solved.

6. Miner

Miner Retired 5-Year Veteran Donator

This is why parent's shouldn't let 6 year olds play an M rated game, I don't really see that often, nor do I really care for what people say. Ignore them, they're just jelly and spoiled c:

7. MC_Scout

MC_Scout Fearless Leader Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    what i do when i play tf2
    1.) open steam
    2.) open tf2
    3.) find a match
    4.) play and enjoy my self
    5.) proceede not to give two shits if someone rages at me.

8. Spykill3r

Spykill3r

Play Dota 2, face true rage.
    Not kidding. If I had to compare the rage in those games, TF2 wouldn't be a rage game at all :S

9. Yomc

Yomc ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

And today we have... Yomc makes counter arguments!

1. Correction: You only get cosmetics if you pay at least 10 cents for a free game.
    2. This doesn't apply to weapons, which everyone wants. Also, cosmetics? 10 cents minimum purchase. Again.
    3. Actually, I've seen a lot of customs.
    4. Nah. It takes me thirty seconds tops, and like VGG said, you never ever ever do it alone. Well, you can, but it's more fun to do it with friends.
    And some of the people who play it are actually pretty good.
    5. The way these are phrased sound like Minecraft, COD, and League of Legends. The latter two are notorious for their communities, the first of which is immature and the second of which is toxic.
    TF2 isn't like how you're describing there, I have yet to see a single person rage and call hacker on anyone. And I've played a fair amount.
    6. This means that you go on mostly trade servers. When I'm on a public server, I rarely see people offer trades. Everyone knows that trade servers are the best place to go for trades.
    7. I won't disagree with this one. I'm still shocked that the value of the key is going down when it practically doubled last year. However... The TF2 community is fun to observe and cope with. I personally like it.
    8. Meh. This is true, some of the time... But you don't have to pay attention to the dumbasses that do.
    9. This is a big yes. However, I like this, because... It gives you more than an FPS game.
    You can play it just for the FPS. It isn't hard, like you make it out to be. At the same time, trading for hats can be fun. It isn't always negative.
    But once again, I've never seen anyone say anything that you've referenced from 5, except the first thing, only once.
    And that was in a trade server.
    Seriously, this is all the meh aspects of TF2 made to look worse... It really isn't that bad if you give it more of a chance than that :P

jerkboy2006 and Vince like this.
  10. Chippy

Chippy

Correction to 6, i've only been on 1 trade server :p

11. Bl4ckThunder5

Bl4ckThunder5 #ClassicalMusicFTW

Minecraft:
    Bl4ckThunder5
    I find this super hilarious! Ah, good laugh. A+ for you. Good job man. I don't play TF. Yes, I have played it before. I didn't like it. Both the gameplay and visual were not of my taste. But seriously,
    LOL ^.^

12. adjustingingredients

adjustingingredients (◐‿◑) Donator

Minecraft:
    cakpoadoadwndwadw
    What exactly is Tour Of Duty?
    I've only been playing tf2 for a small bit, and everyone on these forums that plays tf2 seems to mention it.

13. KokichiOma

KokichiOma Ultimate Supreme Leader Donator

Minecraft:
    Unprepossessing (MappyTurtle)
    Tour of duty is a MvM but with drops (I think)
    I'm waiting until a good time to use my ToD ticket

14. adjustingingredients

adjustingingredients (◐‿◑) Donator

Minecraft:
    cakpoadoadwndwadw
    What is an MvM?
    I know I'm a noob ;-;

15. KokichiOma

KokichiOma Ultimate Supreme Leader Donator

Minecraft:
    Unprepossessing (MappyTurtle)
    Mann vs Machine.
    Essentially, instead of teams RED vs BLU it's RED vs Machines.
    It's really good. In fact, it's my favourite gamemode.

Rila likes this.
  16. Rila

Rila Pyro is top bae

Minecraft:
    Rilakkumaloverr
    @Shadow_Riolu totally didn't go in red in MvM
    Anyways, TF2 is kinda fun because I don't see those kinds of people when I go on, probably because timezones.