Why I am taking a break.

Discussion in 'Real life stuff' started by darling, Oct 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darling

darling optimistic, never pessimistic. Donator

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    I think this thread will explain a lot of my recent behaviour, and how I abused my privilege when I could have easily avoid a countless amount of situations.

With the recent startup of my school year, I have finally summed up a few things and problems that I could have either avoided, caused or were obvious about me. My demotion was an obvious sign that things were getting out of hand, but there are things I want to talk about, and it is my right.

I remember seeing the demotion message, and I wasn't surprised, but I was surprised for one of the reasons I was demoted. "Mental illnesses" (my anxiety) was one of the reasons I was demoted, or are you guys trying to find reasons to demote me? Mental illness is NOT a reason for someone to be demoted, nor will I tolerate it. Take it as a message of "not everyone can be normal" and "not everyone can be perfect", because I cannot bare to have this in the back of my mind and not say anything about it.
    Yes, I know this had to do with inactivity, but I will deserved a 1 day break from the constant hell I had been living through to keep everyone happy.

That aside, school has been tiring, stressful and has been hard to deal with and I can't be here anymore. I need space and time to heal right now, and the way I am being looked at isn't the person I want to be looked as. I am weak, and I need help, but the image I have here isn't what I want to be. My attitude was brought upon from stress of starting school and never having enough time. I know some of you have realized that I had become more passive-aggressive, and aggressive in general, something I knew I couldn't control.

There is a problem, one singular problem, that I hope is fixed by the time I come back. Not everything is an argument, and this forum handled it better before it became more toxic. This can be fixed. You just need to find the right way.

Thank you
    my mouse also broke so that's a big part of that.

2. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    How did we say mental illness was the reason for your demotion?????????????

You were demoted because of your aggressive attitude and constantly causing drama. Inactivity was only the 2nd reason of your demotion.

Examples of things you did, most of which were talked to you about:
    • LGBT Thread which you refused to lock
    • Deleting 10 replies on the lgbt thread even though none of them were against the rules, all of which we had to undelete
    • Blatant drama thread which we deleted (any other member would have received 5 warning points)
    • "Thread awareness" thread that did not align with staff's view whatsoever
    • Telling people to stop replying on the former staff list thread even though it's not against the rules
    • Aggressive responses to someone's thread in the Help section (Not explicitly talked about but it was implied in a PM sent to you by Ezzerland)
    • Not to mention you admitted after your demotion that you lied about your age. You are 12 which is below the required age to apply for staff.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    Ryva, ZeusV, Contemptible and 27 others like this.
  3. Saul1337

Saul1337

4. darling

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    I did focus on sentence structuring as Saul suggested, and it is very obvious you scanned for keywords and gave a generic reply.
    As I said here, specifically, I frequently focus my main demotion reason on attitude, I did NOT say this was a reason.

I am not 12, at least anymore, and I also said that I had turned 13 already on multiple threads and on my very own profile.
    In the exact same PM you sent me, you told me inactivity (which did include a 1 day break for my mental illness) which is a part of this. I am well deserved of a one day break, which I even told the staff team about this.
    Vacation to Santiago > Iceland is not my fault. I stayed active on the forums despite my ability to use internet in Iceland, so inactivity isn't exactly a reason for my demotion.

I am well aware that my reaction to the LGBT thread was immature, but I was incredibly disgusted by the replies I saw.

The fact that you say "a staff's view" bugs me. Not everyone needs to have the same view as you and the rest of the admin team to be a good staff member. People will see people and things differently, and I think that it is VITAL that you see things from different perspectives instead of living in a constant view that you're not allowed to share. I only shared it.

5. MC_Scout

MC_Scout Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    You need to learn when to cut your losses and move on.
    I don't know what your intentions are with threads like these, but I am confident in saying that you are not gaining anything.

Ryva, AbductedSnake, aund and 13 others like this.
  6. darling

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    Think I have already answered this for you, at least for this specific thread.
    "Why I am taking a break." tells you a lot about my intentions already.

7. JokerBen

JokerBen I'll be back sometimes to check in :) Donator

Minecraft:
    JokerBen
    Maybe that was your intention but it turned out to be just another "argument" thread which you also spoke out against in the original post.

Seriously man... To be completely honest, I think the common denominator in these types of threads is NOT the community, the staff, or the server, but your attitude towards these things.

Your threads are hostile in nature (especially this one) and you can't expect people to respond fondly to them.

Ryva, MemeDreamTeam, lizza and 4 others like this.
  8. lizza

lizza resigned & quit Donator

tbh i feel like you should've addressed this privately and gotten your facts before thinking about posting something like this. if harry didn't reply you would've convinced everyone the staff team has a thing against mentally impaired people, like scout said i'm positive you don't gain anything from threads like this

Ryva, PopeUrbanII, MC_Scout and 5 others like this.
  9. ItsJerry

ItsJerry Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    when a staff member makes a debate thread telling people to stop making debate threads

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    Ryva, ZeusV, Weeb and 9 others like this.
  10. Ezzerland

Ezzerland Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    This thread is purely focused on this single reason. Responding to it is obviously appropriate. Why are you avoiding the question:
    Your anxiety, mental illness or likewise was never a part of the reason you were demoted. Don't lie like this.
    This is true in reverse as well. Your individual view should not reflect on all of staff and I think it is VITAL that you see that your view should not be pressed upon all of us. You also need to see things from a different perspective.

Ryva, aund, PopeUrbanII and 6 others like this.
  11. darling

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    Okay. I am not "gaining" (if you will), ever, when I write threads, and I am not achieving a goal by "gaining" an undescribed item/thing. I only write threads to write threads and bring attention to topics.

This thread was to verbally express that I am going through an extremely hard time in my life, and I am well aware that I focused on a topic that wasn't supposed to be the focus of this thread. None (well, most, I know I have certainly made a debate thread once or twice) of my threads are actual debate threads, they just get turned into debate threads. Appreciative if we stopped calling em' debate threads when they're not.

Pretty sure I have said that I am currently working to do that. By my statement, I infer this.

12. Ezzerland

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    If you didn't accuse us of demoting you for mental illness and lie, I'm pretty sure this thread would have been received better. I attempt to wish good upon everyone and make it a goal to help people with their personal growth but your false accusation has clouded this thread and you aren't even addressing it.

Everyone has flaws. Own up to your mistakes and move on. I'll support your growth, but I will not support your lies.

ZeusV, AbductedSnake, YFIOTR and 6 others like this.
  13. darling

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    But what lies? I still don't think it's right that my mental illnesses were a part of the reason (no matter the importance) I was demoted.

14. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Spectating Mom Extraordinaire ~ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    You know I like you but I'm going to call complete bullshit on this. If these reasons were were true, you would have posted about it http://itsjerryandharry.com/threads/my-demotion.113154/ but you didn't. I know mental illness. I know how it can make stress can make people aggressive and do things that 'normal' people don't do. That's no excuse. In the original post, you said it was about inactivity. You said you discussed it with Harry. Even so, it is up to the owners and admin team what course of action they want to take. It's not a democracy. There is no voting, they do as they see fit regardless of whether it makes sense to you or not.

Bottom line, don't use your 'illness' as a scapegoat. Own your behavior and take responsibility for it. In my opinion, this thread makes you look like another person who is using excuses to deflect what is actually going on. You're still young, you still have time. Do work on yourself. This is only freaking Minecraft it does not matter in the grand scheme of things.

PopeUrbanII, Haruld, JokerBen and 2 others like this.
  15. ANumber2Pencil

ANumber2Pencil Pencil | Resigned Donator

Minecraft:
    StraightWhiteGuy
    I already have been a part of too many debates recently so I don't want to tie myself into this one either, but where/when were you ever told you got demoted because you have a mental illness? If you are just exaggerating the truth or lying, then I would recommend you remove that part of this thread, because right now it seems like you are just trying to slander the staff team. Which in turn, just makes this another drama thread. And if this wasn't your intention then just change the thread and remove the part about being demoted because of your mental illness.

Ryva, PopeUrbanII, ItsJerry and 3 others like this.
  16. darling

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    I infer that you mean "where did I receive this news"?

I said a PM from Harry. I also have already tied in previously that this was also a part of of inactivity. If you'd want "proof" of the PM just PM me.

17. MemeDreamTeam

MemeDreamTeam Stingy

Minecraft:
    Sorry I don't play anymore
    But @Ezzerland and @ANumber2Pencil said that it was false that you were demoted for that, didn't they?

18. Ezzerland

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    It was never part of your reason for demotion. I'm sorry that you got this idea in your head, but this is 100% false.

NekoNebulus, ZeusV and MemeDreamTeam like this.
  19. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Spectating Mom Extraordinaire ~ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    @Expedect If you want to talk about it, I have no problem talking things over with you. But.. provide proof or stop. You're only digging yourself into a deeper hole, losing a lot of respect along the way.

20. darling

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    No, they said that they wouldn't demote me for mental illnesses, not that they couldn't demote me because of inactivity and tie it in with mental illnesses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.